IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

hit several goodwills today.one of the goodwills(main st goodwill,near concord mall,thats for you atariman if your still in elkhart bro) had there tent sale,which all games,tapes,vhs,etc,all 25 cents each,and i found:

tmnt hyperstone heist for genesis(very poor label,only text on spine of cart remains)$0.25

mario bros for 7800(cart only)$0.25

blackjack for 2600(cart only)$0.25

super jeopardy for nes(complete,flat box)$0.25

rad racer for nes(complete)$0.25

double dragon for nes(cart only)$0.25

jeopardy junior edition for nes(cart only)$0.25

ncaa football 2004 for gamecube(complete)$0.25

duke nukem duke it out in dc(disc only)$0.25

mechwarrior 3 for pc(disc)$0.25

the who greatest hits(cd in plain case)$0.25

nirvana incesticide(cd in plain case)$0.25

exodus for nes(complete)$1

super dodge ball for nes(cart only)$1

ikari warriors 3 the rescue for nes(cart only)$1

dudes with attitude for nes(cart)$1

wheel of fortune family edition(cart)$1

heavy barrel for nes(cart)$1

virtua racing for saturn(complete,broken case)$3

and my find of the day:

shadowrun for snes(cart only)$1

then at a media store i got:

metal slug advance for gba(complete)$4.99

gundam seed battle assault for gba(complete)$4.99

dai senryaku for xbox(complete)$2.99

ddr ultramix 2 for xbox(complete)$2.99

baku baku for saturn(complete)$4.99

warcraft II for saturn(complete)$4.99

power stone 2 for dreamcast(complete,japan import)$4.99

Holy cow Mark how do you get so many good deals? I've been lucky to find a couple of 2600 carts at the Goodwill and Salvation Army. The prices are so low and the finds are incredible. Didn't you just find a TurboGrafx 16 too? Man what I wouldn't give to get my hands on one of those. Great finds!!!

Rich

wow wccw mark very nice proud of you!! i just ordered power stone 2 from a guy who has a store in new jersey my girlfriend and i love the power stone series plus im getting the one for the psp ps collections i sent out a box of stuff that i didn't need it ended up being 200 dollars in credit

power stone 2 is worth over 60 bucks

and the dodger ball over 20 (u know i got your back mark

Went to a great rummage sale today:

TI 85 $0.50

Casio fx-7700GB $0.50

Sharp EL-8180 $0.50

Jacks 10 in 1 atari joystick $1

5 60 min. blank cassettes $1

SKingston 256 MB RAM $0.50

64 MB RAM $0.50

Infineon 256 MB RAM $0.50

PNY 128 MB RAM $0.50

PNY 128 MB RAM $0.50

Casiko PT-30 Synth for bending $2

Several gold plated phono cables $0.20 each

Centipede PC Game $1

hit several goodwills today.one of the goodwills(main st goodwill,near concord mall,thats for you atariman if your still in elkhart bro) had there tent sale,which all games,tapes,vhs,etc,all 25 cents each,and i found:

tmnt hyperstone heist for genesis(very poor label,only text on spine of cart remains)$0.25

and my find of the day:

Nice haul with excellent prices, congrats

thanks ghost!!

wow wccw mark very nice proud of you!! i just ordered power stone 2 from a guy who has a store in new jersey my girlfriend and i love the power stone series plus im getting the one for the psp ps collections i sent out a box of stuff that i didn't need it ended up being 200 dollars in credit

power stone 2 is worth over 60 bucks

and the dodger ball over 20 (u know i got your back mark

thanks bro.this is the japanese import version of power stone 2,not the us version.is the import one worth $60?im keeping it either way.dodge ball is a double so i will be selling that.i didnt check your finds out yet but i will very soon.

Mark is the new Ghost Soldier.
thanks.i dont come close to what ghost finds,i just had a good week.ghost is a video game finding machine!!

also,it dont count as a thrift find,but some folks down the block were moving and threw out a very nice and sturdy computer desk,which i needed as mine old desk is a piece of crap!!so i "found" that today too!!

Edited by wccw mark

and my find of the day:

Holy cow Mark how do you get so many good deals? I've been lucky to find a couple of 2600 carts at the Goodwill and Salvation Army. The prices are so low and the finds are incredible. Didn't you just find a TurboGrafx 16 too? Man what I wouldn't give to get my hands on one of those. Great finds!!!

Rich

nope,that wasnt me that found the tubrografx 16.well,the tent sale at the one goodwill all media was 25 cents.one of the other goodwills all cartridge game are usually 75 cents,but judgeing by today they must have raised them to $1,not that im complaining.i usually hit the local thrifts at least 3 times a week.sometimes im dont find crap,or one of the goodwills will have sonic 2 for $4.i just try to weed thru the crap at the thrifts,and i did pretty good today.

thanks.i dont come close to what ghost finds,i just had a good week.ghost is a video game finding machine!!

also,it dont count as a thrift find,but some folks down the block were moving and threw out a very nice and sturdy computer desk,which i needed as mine old desk is a piece of crap!!so i "found" that today too!!

You can borrow my label :) I've been too busy with my house to get out much in the last 2 weeks. Great finds everyone.

You can borrow my label :) I've been too busy with my house to get out much in the last 2 weeks. Great finds everyone.

thanks ghost :)

Today i went to a second hand store to have a quick look around.

First I found a videopac G7000 with attached controllers (both in working condition), 5 games, nr 10 Golf, nr 12 Take the money and run, nr 43 Pickaxe Pete, nr 49 Turtles and nr 55 Neutron star for 10 euro.

Then i found a lot of cd-i games, i made a quick selection and got:

Ceasars World of boxing

Kingdom the far reaches

Flashback

Chaos Control

Lemmings

Dragon's lair

Rise of the Robots

Who shot johnny rock

as bonus Hotel Mario that was inside the flashback case as well.

I asked the seller how much they would cost. He replied that he had a cd-i console as well. I said that i did see it (a cd-i 210 for 25 euro). He then said that he had another cd-i player with the peacekeeper gun. I looked at it, it was a magnavox cd-i 450 with dvc inside. Witch is a bit strange to find here in the netherlands because normally all thing are philips branded insted of magnavox. The console with gun and all other hookups cost 15 euro's. I ask the seller how much it would cost if i bought the videopac, cd-i and the games. He said 25 euro would do.

So i'm now very happy.

Hey all, went to a garage sale for Easter Seals and didn't find much of anything. On the way out I happened to spy a TV/Game switch box for a Gemini game system. I looked for the system but couldn't find it and the volunteers had no idea what I was talking about so I bought the switch to replace the one I had $0.50. The one I have is not in the best shape. Later I went to a pawn shop in the area. I'm not one for pawn shops but I thought, why not lets check it out. Imagine my suprise when I found a bunch of 2600 games. I got:

Journey Escape (cart only)

Turmoil (cart only)

Space Jockey (cart only)

Skate Boardin' (cart only)

Masters of the Universe The Power of He-Man (cart only)

Joust (cart only)

All of these for $6.00, less than what I pay at the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores. There were more 2600 games there and I plan on going back for them. There were so many games, old and new. A lot of NES, SNES and N64 games as well as a few Sega Saturn, PS1 and PC games. I was shocked to see the Saturn games. Haven't seen those for quite awhile. A couple 7800 games too. Loads and loads of PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360 and PS3 games. More DVD's than most DVD places have, bought a Farscape DVD for $3.00. There was a whole wall behind the counter that had nothing but Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube systems as well as a whole wall of controllers for the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecubes. I didn't see any Atari systems or other retro systems. I'll have to ask if they have a 7800 system since they had the games. I'll let you know what I turn up with. :D

Rich

Hey all, went to a garage sale for Easter Seals and didn't find much of anything. On the way out I happened to spy a TV/Game switch box for a Gemini game system. I looked for the system but couldn't find it and the volunteers had no idea what I was talking about so I bought the switch to replace the one I had $0.50. The one I have is not in the best shape. Later I went to a pawn shop in the area. I'm not one for pawn shops but I thought, why not lets check it out. Imagine my suprise when I found a bunch of 2600 games. I got:

Turmoil (cart only)

Space Jockey (cart only)

Joust (cart only)

All of these for $6.00, less than what I pay at the Goodwill and Salvation Army stores. There were more 2600 games there and I plan on going back for them. There were so many games, old and new. A lot of NES, SNES and N64 games as well as a few Sega Saturn, PS1 and PC games. I was shocked to see the Saturn games. Haven't seen those for quite awhile. A couple 7800 games too. Loads and loads of PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360 and PS3 games. More DVD's than most DVD places have, bought a Farscape DVD for $3.00. There was a whole wall behind the counter that had nothing but Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube systems as well as a whole wall of controllers for the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecubes. I didn't see any Atari systems or other retro systems. I'll have to ask if they have a 7800 system since they had the games. I'll let you know what I turn up with. :D

Rich

always wanted to try out skate boardin,is it any good?

Found but left at local thrifts:

Same as last weekend, plus:

4 switch woody missing power supply, has games:

Pac-Man

Grand Prix

Math Grand Prix

Outlaw

2 CX-40 sticks

Old cell phone with power supply and battery (yes, this is in a bundle with it)

That's in a box for $20, and the store also has three more joysticks and a disc type 2600 controller.

I went garage sale-ing today and came up with more:

GunCon1 $1

PS1 AV multi out to RCA adapter $1

Dreamboat Annie on 33 1/3 LP $1

Handful of movies about $1 each

hit thrifts and came back with even more:

Dreamcast VMU for $2.50

More movies

and the best find of the day was an old computer for $5 at a garage sale. I got it for these parts:

the DVD-ROM drive

512 MB of DDR266 memory

Two 80GB Western Digital hard drives

Turmoil (cart only)

Space Jockey (cart only)

Joust (cart only)

Rich

Hey Mark, I think it's pretty good, the graphics are good for a 2600 game. Used to have it back in the '80's and enjoyed it then that's why I bought it at the pawn shop. Ramps, tubes and things to jump over, other things to do in the game too. If you find it give it a shot.

Last digs at a second hand shop netted me a copy of Broken Sword for the PSX for $10 complete (cheapest I could find this is $20 on amazon.com for just the disc), a couple 8 bits carts, and a Wico Boss.

Last thrift crawl netted me a Genesis 2 AC adapter, a Game Gear ciggie lighter adapter, a 2600 AC Adapter, a SNES mouse, a Genesis Pro Pad all for $.25 to $2 each.

Had a decent weekend for finds. Managed to get away from the house for awhile.

Donkey Kong CIB 2600 1.49

Space Invaders CIB 2600 1.49

Adventure Island II NES 3.00

Popeye NES 3.00

Whomp'em NES 3.00

Home Alone Gen 4.00

Pac-Attack Gen 4.00

Quest For Camelot GBC 2.49

Need For Speed, Porsche Unleashed CIB PS1 5.00

Pinball Hall Of Fame CIB PS2 10.00

Kingdom Hearts NIB PS2 5.00

Kingdom Hearts II NIB PS2 5.00

Starwars Battlefront NIB PS2 5.00

Shadow The Hedgehog w/Controller NIB PS2 5.00

Pac-Man Collection NIB GBA 5.00

Ford Racing 3 NIB DS 14.99

Mater-National Gift Set NIB DS <~Gift

Condemned NIB 360 14.99

Came in the mail from an Ebay auction. 4.99 plus 5.00 S&H got the following games.

Super Godzilla CIB SNES

Batman Forever CIB SNES

Dragon's Lair SNES

Edited by Ghost Soldier

Not a game item exactly, but I did find this sweet plexiglass display case at a church rummage sale. It was pretty grubby when I found it, but it cleaned up nice with a little alcohol. I wasn't sure if it would work for what I wanted, but it turned out to be perfect for my handheld collection! Pretty cool for $3 I say. :D

I think it looks better in person, I had to jack up the picture so you could see what was in the case.

post-12780-1210032259_thumb.jpg

Hey Mark, I think it's pretty good, the graphics are good for a 2600 game. Used to have it back in the '80's and enjoyed it then that's why I bought it at the pawn shop. Ramps, tubes and things to jump over, other things to do in the game too. If you find it give it a shot.

buh - skateboardin' is so/so. The "music" is catchy though. :) Kind of like somone practicing their beat box.

Hey...I found a Fairchild system complete in box today at a thrift store for $15...should I get it? Is it worth that much? I'm not familiar with the system, it's the black box with the rainbow on the left with all the people who look WAY too excited, lol.

Er...this thread is so huge, if y'all reply I hope I find your post. :P