IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Still looks like the exact same screen shot to me... If you aren't trying to pull our legs, then that's neat that you found an alternative ROM. If you are trying to pull our leg, it's a pretty lame joke.

Chris

No Joke. I Promise You icon_mrgreen.gif .

It doesn't make any difference to me, but the only way you are going to convince anyone here is with a detailed video of the game in action. So far, all you've shown us is the exact same screen shot three different ways.icon_confused.gif

Still looks like the exact same screen shot to me... If you aren't trying to pull our legs, then that's neat that you found an alternative ROM. If you are trying to pull our leg, it's a pretty lame joke.

Chris

No Joke. I Promise You :D .

You seem like an enthusiastic dude, and we're happy to have new folks here. You might be just a tad too excited about things that people around here take for granted, though. For example: R4 isn't really rare. Maybe 6 and up could be considered Rare, maybe even just seven. That's a matter of perspective. I don't own any R7's but I have 3-5 6's. The pole posit'n label isn't really too rare either, just a variant. Maybe a little tiny bit more desirable, but no big deal. The black carts you describe are for another system, the INTV, rather than the Atari. It's good that you are out looking for some rare and wonderful prototype to astound the folks here, and you may find one someday, but it's not likely. If you DO find something like that, expect pants to be pooped on AA, but not before. Anyway, not picking on you, you seem cool, just letting you know before you get a sarcastic reaction from someone.

I Just went on one of those online gaming websites, I Played a normal green field Game of home run. When I Made The Game Black And White,

The Field Was Gray. But In This photo Of The "Orange Field" One I Own,

The Field Is Black. Simple Graphics ;) .

post-26390-127631677868_thumb.jpg

Chris

No Joke. I Promise You icon_mrgreen.gif .

It doesn't make any difference to me, but the only way you are going to convince anyone here is with a detailed video of the game in action. So far, all you've shown us is the exact same screen shot three different ways.icon_confused.gif

Oh, Okay. I Just Sent A Different version of it. But can I Post a Video i made on my ipod Of It? and if so. How? Thanks.

Edited by Cortat G

I found most of my stuff at the used music/game store trade that I've had so I didn't pay cash on anything except Castlevania...didn't have enough trade for that one so I paid about $8 after all trade used. However, just a couple yard sale finds, I couldn't find much today.

I paid the prices shown on most for the cartridges however the non store games were as follows:

Three Gameboy games, $3 for all and they included a little matchbox truck my son ask was how much so that was nice!

4 SNES Sports title that I would normally pass on but I ask out of boredom because I wasn't seeing any games but they said the magic words, "How 'bout a dollar for them all" - so .25 each on those.

I don't even know if Diablo for compuer is desireable but I took a chance at $1

I don't know anything about Spawn? except I wish they were in there packages but the seem like earlier one's but I don't know. I gave them a try at a buck each, $5 total spent on Mcfarlane.

post-4103-127637516817_thumb.jpg

Today I was waiting in the car for my wife to print off a google maps for a CL deal for a game gear system 1989 flat screen columns model in the box with 11 games for $30, when I got hot and drove around the block. What to my wondering eyes did appear but a miracle keyboard still in the box! Only $5. The score of the month for me.

AX

Today I was waiting in the car for my wife to print off a google maps for a CL deal for a game gear system 1989 flat screen columns model in the box with 11 games for $30, when I got hot and drove around the block. What to my wondering eyes did appear but a miracle keyboard still in the box! Only $5. The score of the month for me.

AX

Wow, amazing find for just being there to pick up some game gear stuff. Great Score and a lucky guy! :thumbsup:

Nice find on the keyboard, I'd never heard of that before!

Not much for me today.

2 original Xboxs

one with 6 games 1 controller - $35

another with one game 2 controllers (including my first Duke) - $20

PSP Star Wars Lethal Alliance (CIB) $2

PS2 Star Trek Encounters - $2

Bunch of CD's $1.00 each

And another one of those 9" Sony Trinitrons like I found 2 weeks ago, fantastic little tube tv with AV inputs, only $8.08! Maybe I'll use this one to make a 1/4 size arcade cab or something!

Edited by SRGilbert

I Just went on one of those online gaming websites, I Played a normal green field Game of home run. When I Made The Game Black And White,

Still looks like the exact same screen shot, only with a black background. The players are always in the exact same spot, and the digits on the screen are always the same.

Chris

Still looks like the exact same screen shot, only with a black background. The players are always in the exact same spot, and the digits on the screen are always the same.

Chris

Of course it is the same screenshot, it is the start up screen for Home Run. He just simply turned on the console and took a pic, no massive conspiracy.

Picked up an Action Replay DS for $20.

I'm not sure how much it matters if "current gen" stuff is hard to come by. In any case, I also picked up a 1GB memory stick for the PSP for $15. That's about three time what I'd pay for the normal one, but the one I got has the gold "PSP" logo on it. I think it was packed in with certain PSP-1000 retail packages in or around 2006. It nearly completes my PSP-1000 unit with a TA-082 PSP, the GH version of ATV Offroad Fury, the Lords of Dogtown (good movie, BTW), and the PSP Sampler disc version 1. The only things missing are the slip cases for the movie and the game, but those show up semi regularly at Vintage Stock. I also need manuals for all three to complete the set. I'm not sure if this package came with the 2200 mAh battery or not. I've got three of those.

Picked up a Doom 2 Strategy Guide which I thought was pretty cool. Also a Zaxxon board game and a boxed Simon (box is rough, Simon looks fine). I've wanted a Simon for quite some time, now I just need a Merlin.

Very good day yesterday for me.

Original PS2 Guitar Hero Controller, completely intact: $3.50

Sega Dreamcast Controllers: $2 each

Super Nintendo Controller: $1.50

Coleco Head to Head Plug n Play in case: $2

Atari 2600 Reactor: $3

post-8107-127643499114_thumb.jpg

Wow what a score from saturday and a few other days.

Atari Sears video arcade $1.00

Atari controller with orange ring $.50 cents

Atari paddles. As in sports not driving $1.00

3 Atari games 1 from saturday 2 from another day $1.00 each.

So that is another 3 I didn't have for my collection. Loose not boxed)

SNES II with power cord and av cord. No joysticks $5.00

Bag of misc 35mm camera filters and what nots. $5.00 asked down from $10.00

4 sega dreamcast games (non sports titles). 2 from staruday and 2 from another day $2.00 to $3.00

(some need to be polished)

4 disney vhs movies in mint condition. In fact they brought out about 30 disney movies on vhs and some still sealed. $1.00 a peice except for one at $2.00

They brought out so much stuff I could have spent $100.00 easy. For your audio guys a mint coniditional black face pioneer single cassette deck and a 5 disc cd player for $20.00 each. If they was cheaper they would have followed me home.

TTFN,

Josh

How often does it happen - you ask at a yard sale if they have video games, and the seller tells you that “some guy” just picked up a whole bag of them. Well, today I officially became “some guy”.

A local garage sale had advertised in the paper and on Craigslist that they were going to be selling a stack of old video games and systems. The sale was to start at 12 noon. I showed up around 11:30 AM to see if they might have started early. They hadn’t, and it wasn’t clear if the sale would be in the front or back of the house. Within minutes, four other cars showed up, each with a young male driver, literally circling the house like vultures.

I didn’t like the idea of all of us jumping on the same pile of games, so today I officially crossed to the dark side of garage sales: I became an “early birder”. I got out of the car and just popped into their garage from the back - they were still setting up, but were happy to have me take a quick peek. They actually didn’t have that much, but I was able to cherry pick the good stuff in peace and quiet.

The prize: A working SNES system (loose) with all hookups and eight games (Super Punch Out, Super Mario World, True Lies, Choplifter III, Street Fighter 2, Actraiser, Wings 2 and Final Fight), four N64 games (Zelda Occarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong 64 and World is Not Enough), one Genesis game (Super Thunderblade), all for $30. A pretty good deal, but maybe not quite worth selling my soul for. ;)

I got out of there pretty quick (the sale still hadn’t started), just as some of the other guys started cautiously approaching the garage. One of them spotted my bag and I could see his eyes widen.

Well, I did leave them some sports games, though. :)

How often does it happen - you ask at a yard sale if they have video games, and the seller tells you that "some guy" just picked up a whole bag of them. Well, today I officially became "some guy".

A local garage sale had advertised in the paper and on Craigslist that they were going to be selling a stack of old video games and systems. The sale was to start at 12 noon. I showed up around 11:30 AM to see if they might have started early. They hadn't, and it wasn't clear if the sale would be in the front or back of the house. Within minutes, four other cars showed up, each with a young male driver, literally circling the house like vultures.

I didn't like the idea of all of us jumping on the same pile of games, so today I officially crossed to the dark side of garage sales: I became an "early birder". I got out of the car and just popped into their garage from the back - they were still setting up, but were happy to have me take a quick peek. They actually didn't have that much, but I was able to cherry pick the good stuff in peace and quiet.

The prize: A working SNES system (loose) with all hookups and eight games (Super Punch Out, Super Mario World, True Lies, Choplifter III, Street Fighter 2, Actraiser, Wings 2 and Final Fight), four N64 games (Zelda Occarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong 64 and World is Not Enough), one Genesis game (Super Thunderblade), all for $30. A pretty good deal, but maybe not quite worth selling my soul for. ;)

I got out of there pretty quick (the sale still hadn't started), just as some of the other guys started cautiously approaching the garage. One of them spotted my bag and I could see his eyes widen.

Edited for unnecessary language

I got a copy of Tony Hawk Underground for $3 at one yard sale on Saturday. And at another yard sale on the same day, got a Zoomer NES controler for $1. I also went to a fee yardsale and got some computer stuff. Among which included a new, never used Pentium 2 Slot One processor.

And today someone gave me a PS1 Phat and a Model Helicopter set for free.

How often does it happen - you ask at a yard sale if they have video games, and the seller tells you that "some guy" just picked up a whole bag of them. Well, today I officially became "some guy".

A local garage sale had advertised in the paper and on Craigslist that they were going to be selling a stack of old video games and systems. The sale was to start at 12 noon. I showed up around 11:30 AM to see if they might have started early. They hadn't, and it wasn't clear if the sale would be in the front or back of the house. Within minutes, four other cars showed up, each with a young male driver, literally circling the house like vultures.

I didn't like the idea of all of us jumping on the same pile of games, so today I officially crossed to the dark side of garage sales: I became an "early birder". I got out of the car and just popped into their garage from the back - they were still setting up, but were happy to have me take a quick peek. They actually didn't have that much, but I was able to cherry pick the good stuff in peace and quiet.

I got out of there pretty quick (the sale still hadn't started), just as some of the other guys started cautiously approaching the garage. One of them spotted my bag and I could see his eyes widen.

Edited for unnecessary language

Hey, I did leave you with a bunch of NHL games for the PS2. Those are really hard to find, you know. ;)

(And I also hope you're just joking. Your avatar scares me.)

How often does it happen - you ask at a yard sale if they have video games, and the seller tells you that “some guy” just picked up a whole bag of them. Well, today I officially became “some guy”.

A local garage sale had advertised in the paper and on Craigslist that they were going to be selling a stack of old video games and systems. The sale was to start at 12 noon. I showed up around 11:30 AM to see if they might have started early. They hadn’t, and it wasn’t clear if the sale would be in the front or back of the house. Within minutes, four other cars showed up, each with a young male driver, literally circling the house like vultures.

I didn’t like the idea of all of us jumping on the same pile of games, so today I officially crossed to the dark side of garage sales: I became an “early birder”. I got out of the car and just popped into their garage from the back - they were still setting up, but were happy to have me take a quick peek. They actually didn’t have that much, but I was able to cherry pick the good stuff in peace and quiet.

I got out of there pretty quick (the sale still hadn’t started), just as some of the other guys started cautiously approaching the garage. One of them spotted my bag and I could see his eyes widen.

So YOU were the FUCK who took my games! :x :x :x

Hey, I did leave you with a bunch of NHL games for the PS2. Those are really hard to find, you know. ;)

(And I also hope you're just joking. Your avatar scares me.)

No worries, man.