Sword and Serpents

The Three Stooges

Top Gun

Top Players Tennis

Track and Field

Track and Field II

Wizards and Warriors

Zelda II: Adventures of Link

Picked up a working SNES with 4 controllers and CIB Pitfall Mayan Adventures and 4 common games for $3 at the next stop.

Well, What a CRAP day at the garage sales; I think I hit about eight sales today, not only was there no gaming stuff, I actually bought nothing at all, which is unusual for me. I had to find something so I hit the Goodwill and found the following, all of which were $3:

- Gameboy Game Genie in super nice condition with the little code book still in it's slot. Glad to find it works with the GB Color even though it doesnt match up well size-wise

- Two N64 games - Mario Kart and Super Mario 64 - both are perfect condition - these two will be sold to pay for something I need

- An third-party, but very cool combo rumble / memory pack for N64 - this one has a switch to go between two different memory cards in the same unit and adjustable rumble setting. Never seen one with these features before.

So, I will sell the two carts and the other two items will be more than free, woo hoo! Morgan

Went to a garage sale this weekend. Intention was 1 house, didnt know about the others. Turned out it was 3 streets all selling and wow glad i showed up early.

Ended up finding a Nintendo nes console, 2 controllers and hookups all working for $10 no yellowing. (I had to play with the pins to make it stop blinking. bent too far and now i only slide the games in, no pushing down to get them to load every time)

Next house I got a SNES for $20 all hookups, 2 controllers no yellowing and the following games super mario all stars, top gear2, donkey kong country 2, donkey kong country, zelda link to the past, nhl96, super mario kart, vegas stakes, super mario world, stunt race, game genie with box /manual . Manuals for all the games and some big mario borthers walkthrough/cheat book for every mario game. as well as an adapter i think that plays handheld games. grey looking game genie thing with a much smaller slot up top.

a 2nd NES system for $25 with zapper, 2 controllers, hookups and power , all working no yellowing, with the following loose , black nintendo sleeved games : yoshi, tetris, dr mario, mario bros 1 , 2 ,3 , duck hunt, blades of steel, klax, paper boy 1 and 2, the great waldo, monopoloy

Next house snes final fantasy ii for 99 cents. umm hello! :)

Next house steering wheel/pedals for the n64 with force feedback etc. $5

Next House N64, 2 controllers, power, hookups and expansion/memory adapter and an SNES with all the hookups etc and controllers (Bottom is yellowing) for $15 total. No games

and my last find a house i wasnt going to stop at but glad i did. 3 N64 games all for $5 total. Ogre battle 64, diddy kong racing and cruisin usa. they were also selling the n64 i mention below and wanted $25 for the whole lot with these games but i talked them into selling just the games. I only had 5 bucks left lol

----------------------------------------------

if i had more money i would have also grabbed

playstation 1 for $10, 2 more n64 systems for $20 and $25 a piece, another snes system with 1 game hookups and controllers $20 as well as a gamecube with 5 games and all accessories for $40.

Like i said my original intent was to visit 1 specific house for a NES system..ended up finding all these other sales and systems for sale..so wish i brought more money :)

First time I found stuff at garage sales that werent asking ebay prices and today seemed like EVERYONE was selling that stuff. like it was a pre requisite for your sale. lol

Went to a garage sale this weekend. Intention was 1 house, didnt know about the others. Turned out it was 3 streets all selling and wow glad i showed up early.

Ended up finding a Nintendo nes console, 2 controllers and hookups all working for $10 no yellowing. (I had to play with the pins to make it stop blinking. bent too far and now i only slide the games in, no pushing down to get them to load every time)

Next house I got a SNES for $20 all hookups, 2 controllers no yellowing and the following games super mario all stars, top gear2, donkey kong country 2, donkey kong country, zelda link to the past, nhl96, super mario kart, vegas stakes, super mario world, stunt race, game genie with box /manual . Manuals for all the games and some big mario borthers walkthrough/cheat book for every mario game. as well as an adapter i think that plays handheld games. grey looking game genie thing with a much smaller slot up top.

a 2nd NES system for $25 with zapper, 2 controllers, hookups and power , all working no yellowing, with the following loose , black nintendo sleeved games : yoshi, tetris, dr mario, mario bros 1 , 2 ,3 , duck hunt, blades of steel, klax, paper boy 1 and 2, the great waldo, monopoloy

Next house snes final fantasy ii for 99 cents. umm hello! :)

Next house steering wheel/pedals for the n64 with force feedback etc. $5

Next House N64, 2 controllers, power, hookups and expansion/memory adapter and an SNES with all the hookups etc and controllers (Bottom is yellowing) for $15 total. No games

and my last find a house i wasnt going to stop at but glad i did. 3 N64 games all for $5 total. Ogre battle 64, diddy kong racing and cruisin usa. they were also selling the n64 i mention below and wanted $25 for the whole lot with these games but i talked them into selling just the games. I only had 5 bucks left lol

----------------------------------------------

if i had more money i would have also grabbed

playstation 1 for $10, 2 more n64 systems for $20 and $25 a piece, another snes system with 1 game hookups and controllers $20 as well as a gamecube with 5 games and all accessories for $40.

Like i said my original intent was to visit 1 specific house for a NES system..ended up finding all these other sales and systems for sale..so wish i brought more money :)

First time I found stuff at garage sales that werent asking ebay prices and today seemed like EVERYONE was selling that stuff. like it was a pre requisite for your sale. lol

Reminds me of about 6 years ago when I hit a neighborhood sale and came away with 50+ games including Musha, Albert Odyssey, and Dragon Force all from separate sales. Some times the planets just align.

Today I scored some common black label PS1 games I didn't have for $2 each CIB no scratches (asteroids, WCW, Nitro Racing, and one other I can't recall off the top of my head) an NES with cords for $16 no games but super clean, and a few cords, one gamecube power $3, PS1 RFU 50 cents, other misc 12 - 9 volters.

AX

AX

Well, I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday was a couple of different neighborhood sales, and Sunday was a flea market.

Saturday:

Three N64 games: Dr. Mario, Duck Dodgers and Super Smash Brothers - $3.00 each

Xbox Prince of Persia Sands of Time - $2.00

Xbox APC Game Manager power supply, new in box for $5. Basically a decent power strip that looks like an original xbox. Not ever sure what I'll use it for yet!

A bunch more PS1 games including The Fifth Element, Panzer General, and FF VIII (black label) for $1.00 each

At another sale picked up a copy of Final Fantasy VII (black label) for $3.00, not bad!

A boxed Model 2 SNES for $5 and included a bag of other stuff with several boxed games including Space Invaders. At the same sale I got a grab bag of stuff for $3 which held an older PS, an original DualShock, a PS2 DualShock, several PS1 games, memory cards, 2 PS1/PS2 AV cables, and a Sega Genesis Plug and play. They also had a big box of unused X-10 home automation modules and remotes (at least $100 worth of stuff) for only $10. I've used these for years and even though they are old tech, they work great for dimming lights and stuff.

As usual, a pile of CD's for $1 each. This is the summer of cheap CDs I swear. Thank you for Ipods, no one is keeping their cd's I guess. icon_confused.gif Well, good for me anyway.

Sunday flea market.

Few games from a cool guy I met recently who has a booth, all for $10

N64 - Duke Nukem 64

2600 - Sears Poker Plus

NES - Back to the Future II/III

And......find of the weekend, maybe....

Odyssey 2 - complete in box

The Voice - voice synthsis module for O2 - COMPLETE IN BOX

19 games - all complete in box, including several voice games

Total for all - $45 icon_mrgreen.gif

I then went back to my buddy's booth an bought a CIB copy of KC Munchkin for $2 since it amazingly was not one of the 19 games, but KC's Crazy Chase was.

Never owned an O2, just never came upon one before I guess. I don't think I even knew anyone that had it back in the day. Honestly not expecting much, but it was a hole that is now filled. icon_smile.gif

Strange question... did you buy that from an older guy with a van and a bunch of video game stuff? I have seen him at a couple flea markets in Michigan and he has had a similar lot for a while. Nice score :cool:

Strange question... did you buy that from an older guy with a van and a bunch of video game stuff? I have seen him at a couple flea markets in Michigan and he has had a similar lot for a while. Nice score icon_shades.gif

Nope, it was actually inside from an unattended booth where they have stuff tagged and you bring it up to a register.

That "older guy with a van" story does seem to bring up some repressed memories though........icon_surprised.gif

Great stuff Icebreaker.

The only thing I found at yardsales this weekend was a silver gamecube with 2 controllers for $4. Its nice to have one where the lid actually stays closed. :)

I saw one at a thrift store for $2 but it was just the console (blue) and nothing else so i didnt bother. But thats on my to find list :)

I love days like that. That's how last year was for me except EVERYTHING was Genesis stuff.

I havnt seen any sega master system or genesis stuff in a long time. well besides the genesis 2nd vers. in my tv cabinent i mean :D Wish i still had my boxed master system/zapper with 2 built in games and my original sega genesis. Hoping to find those at some sales in future too :) All i can say is thank god my wife loves me. she hates my toys :) the kids on other hand they love em! :cool:

OK, Long day. My wide and daughter planned something they knew I would enjoy for father's day, I got chauffered around thrift store circuit, to two car shows and an all you can eat breakfast at the moose lodge! Here is my haul, most I am keeping, some is sale or tradebait:

Master System - Quadrun, Kung Fu Kid and Shooting Gallery - all complete $3.99 ea

Four-way RF switch - this one does it all, and in any direction - 2.99

Mattel Classic Baseball Handheld (w/ good batteries) - $1.99

N64 Games - Starfox 64 - 2.99, Elmo Letter Adventure - 4.99 (crap! thought it was 2.99 also)

NES games - Super Spy Hunter, Anticipation (on my want list!), Adventure Island 3 - 2.99ea, Tecmo NBA Basketball - 2.49 (hope it's as good as their football games)

SNES - Bulls vs Blazers, Genesis - Streets of Rage 2 pack-in, and an Activision plug and play handheld for about a dollar total ($1.59 a pound at the Goodwill surplus store)

Leapfrog Didj w/ Spongebob game - this is a very conventional looking handheld with a very nice looking screen and only $2.99 - plays great!!

Leafrog Didj Hannah Montana - 2.99

NES RF switch 1.99 (to give an employee at another store who has been looking for one - some pay-it-forward karma type stuff)

2 VHS tapes of Ducktales $2, Mariners 116 wins VHS tape $1, 3ct Mariners game giveaway JJ Ptz soul patch $1

Best for last....

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow - all three perfect condition cartridges - $1.99 ea These will be sold

NES - Tecmo Super Bowl complete in nice box - $2.99 (also in the box - the manual for the Tecmo NBA I bought elsewhere)

Unopened package of puffy stickers featuring Zaxxon - $1

Dungeons and Dragons 2.0 Core Rulebooks 1,2, and 3 - $2.99 ea.

Long day. I think my shopping urges and satisfied for a while. Morgan

Hello all,

Hit a couple of stores and a local flea this weekend.

Duke Nukem: Time to Kill, PS1 $2.00

Coleco Gemini complete sans box. Traded for a NES Power Set.

Boxed Star Raiders with pad sans the overlay. $4.95

Jinx, 7800 $1.99

I added three more "letters" to the Atari 2600 collection:

N = Night Driver, $1.99

O = Outlaw, $1.99

Q = Q*Bert, boxed $2.99

Only need U and X!

Nicest find was a complete and working NES Satellite wireless adaptor.

$8.00

Edited by Shephda

I like those Zaxxon stickers, Chuck! I've got a couple of packs like that... Turbo and... I forget what. Need to get them out and hang them all up somewhere.

As for thrift finds, I bought Hydro Thunder for the DC at a thrift for $1 Saturday... then as I walked out I realized I never opened it, did so, it was empty. :(

At least they gave me the dollar back, but I would much rather have had the HT.

Don't know if this counts but I did get a nice blue Sega Game Gear from Shopgoodwill.com. Really clean, a couple of small scratches but in great condition, both battery compartment doors were there as well. Also got 3 games, Somic 2, Sonic 3 and Garfield, a generic carrying case and an AC plug for the GG. $25.00 all together. Nice system and works just fine as do all three games. I've got a black one and a bunch of games but wanted to add a blue one to my collection. I'll try to get pics up this evening. I don't know what's up with the local Goodwills or Salvation Army. They've had mainly sports games for the Genesis or PS1 and not much else. I've not hit a garage sale yet this year so I'm way behind in that department. :sad: I want to hit some on Saturday this week. Hopefully I can.

Rich

What ever happened to puffy stickers? Those were all over the place when I was a kid...

Chris

Does anyone remember any colorforms sets based on video games? looking at the Zaxxon stickers is reminding me of seeing something in a colorform set, but cant quite put my finger on it.....Morgan

What ever happened to puffy stickers? Those were all over the place when I was a kid...

Chris

I actually have a "sticker" book from when i was in grade school. Must be at least 30 years old. (Or will be in the coming year) Turns out it is littered full of donkey kong, donkey kong jr, pac man, ms pacman, qbert and various other puffies. Kinda cool to see. Lots of scratch and sniff's too. And shiny metallic types. As well as cabbage patch and garbage pail stickers. Not in the greatest shape but still kinda cool. (Should take pics of it and post em up for nostalgia sake)

Dollar stores around me still sell puffies. Mostly animals, and newer things like pokemon, and bakugan (Spelling?) and that type. Hanna montanna, jonas brothers, spiderman, iron man etc.

On Saturday while taking the dog for a walk, I picked up the following:

First Garage Sale:

PS2 Slim Version Silver with 1 dual shock controller and microphone - $25

The AV cable didn't work (video no sound). Luckily I have an AV cable for the Playstation One.

Last Garage Sale:

GBA Lego Star Wars cartridge $2

Here are my weekend finds.

Super Street Fighter II for SNES = $2.00

Spy Hunter for NES = $1.00

F355 Challenge for Dreamcast = $1.50

The X Files for PS1 = $1.50

NFL 2K3 for GameCube = $1.50

NHL All Star Hockey for Sega Saturn = $1.50

And my best find:

Neo Geo Pocket Color with Baseball Stars and charger for $9.00.

post-25647-127717830005_thumb.jpg

post-25647-127717832351_thumb.jpg

(This isn't about video games, but vinyl collectors and fans of classic rock will appreciate this one.)

I'm annoyed. I got robbed by sumguy, and all because I wanted a lousy Billy Squier record!

On Saturday, I found a new stash of record albums at Goodwill. I picked a few out, but passed on others, thinking I already had them. When I got home, I discovered the Billy Squier album I thought I had was actually on cassette, not vinyl. I'm trying to whittle down my cassette collection, so I decided to swing by Goodwill again after work yesterday (Monday) to pick up the record. I mean, how many people want Billy Squier records nowadays, right?

Well, it was nowhere to be found. But I did find a couple of other albums to buy, which I figured I had overlooked on Saturday. As I was paying for them at the counter, the cashier noticed one and said, "Oh, Marty Balin. Another guy earlier bought this record too, and a whole bunch of others. He had Eddie Money, that John Lennon record with him kissing Yoko Ono... umm, the first Ringo Starr record... oh and the first Beatles record..."

Now who knows how well she was remembering this, and even if the Beatles were involved, odds are it wasn't a first-pressing. Still, I could've used all of those!

That guy probably made off with my Billy Squier album, too!

I'm not sure who I hate more now, sumguy, or Billy Squier for making me go back and discover what I had missed out on!

I Might Be A Fried Cart. Because At Some Points in the game It Flickers.

How Can I See If my TV Has An Automatic V-Hold? I Don't know Too Many Tech words ;).

"V-hold" means vertical hold. On older tube TVs, if the image started jumping up and down, adjusting the v-hold usually would help stabilize the image again. Newer TVs were able to make this adjustment automatically.

PAL (European) Atari games, even when played on NTSC (American) Atari consoles, output a different kind of video signal, and on TVs without automatic v-hold, the image will jump. Since we've been told Home Run did not have a PAL release, that's probably not something you need to worry about here.

Edited by FujiSkunk