IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I just found these four Program Design Inc. games that are brand new. Everything is still in the pacaking and all are dated either 1980, 1981 or 1982. Atarimania.com has the first three rated as Rarity 9's. Kross 'N Quotes doesn't even have a rating. Cool if I have the only ones known... Now if I only had an early Atari Computer to play them on.

The Adventures of Oswald - 5.25 floppy and Cassette. No software dump on Atarimania.com

Code Breaker - Cassette. No software dump on Atarimania.com

Minicrossword - Cassette

Kross 'N Quotes - Cassette. No rating, info or software dump on Atariamania.com

Here is a page with all of the PDI software

http://www.atarimani...lisher_8_G.html

post-1960-0-77806500-1321579869_thumb.jpg

post-1960-0-04348000-1321579894_thumb.jpg

post-1960-0-45379100-1321579907_thumb.jpg

Very nice return on time spent today. I probably overpaid for Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire though, for $5, but I may have made up for it with the still sealed, boxed copy of Perfect Dark for $7.

Anyone who thinks I need to leave it sealed - stay silent. I opened it as I type this. :twisted: *breathes in the smell of freshly opened minty game*

post-8107-0-80388200-1321662667_thumb.jpg

Very nice return on time spent today. I probably overpaid for Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire though, for $5, but I may have made up for it with the still sealed, boxed copy of Perfect Dark for $7.

Anyone who thinks I need to leave it sealed - stay silent. I opened it as I type this. :twisted: *breathes in the smell of freshly opened minty game*

Overpaid or not, Shadows of the Empire is a great game, easily worth what you paid. Nice find on Perfect Dark!

Edited by A_Locomotive

I found Colecovision Mr.Do's! Castle today, I paid $30.00 for it loose.I kinda was kicking myself on the way home for buying it, since money is kinda tight right now.I'm glad i did, this is a really fun and addictive game! ;)

• Like 1

Grabbed a very nice condition Track And Field controller for 2 bucks. This thing looks like it should be THE controller to play Space Invaders with!

Also finally got an Atari 400. Came with Star Raiders (meh, already had it), and was in good condition. 15 bones. As an added bonus, it also had one of those little dongles that lets you plug the older style RF connectors straight into a coax plug, and those usually run between 2 and 5 dollars depending on where you get them, so that was a nifty addition.

Also picked up a few sundry games. Nothing spectacular, just filling in spots for the older systems.

Oh, and good GAWD are Goodwills overpriced...but oddly, some you can find really great deals at. I mean, we went to one on Saturday. They had a beat up pair of Klipsch speakers for 300 freakin' dollars! Ok, they were cosmetically busted up, but the innards were just fine. They were HEAVY as hell, too, like 70 pounds each. But 300 bucks for something that looks like someone took a damn hammer to it? No way. Buddy finally found a really nice pair of speakers (forgot the brand name) for 60 bucks, and they sound awesome.

I love seeing like Pentium 1 computers at Goodwill all set up and running and selling for like 200 dollars. The computer is worth maybe 15, and the 15 inch CRT maybe 5 bucks, if that. Add in a 1 dollar ball mouse and a pair of 3 dollar shitty speakers, and you've got something worth under 25 bucks selling for 200. Way to suck ass, Goodwill.

I'll probably get a little flack for saying this, but...

What do you expect from employees that no one else would hire? Goodwill prices are set by their employees.

This youtube clip clearly says it all:

...those goofy bastards are all they've got.

P.S. When is the Lego man going to sue them for using his image?

ce32a5a9-427c-4259-879e-aae477cb0f44.jpg

Grabbed a very nice condition Track And Field controller for 2 bucks. This thing looks like it should be THE controller to play Space Invaders with!

Also finally got an Atari 400. Came with Star Raiders (meh, already had it), and was in good condition. 15 bones. As an added bonus, it also had one of those little dongles that lets you plug the older style RF connectors straight into a coax plug, and those usually run between 2 and 5 dollars depending on where you get them, so that was a nifty addition.

Also picked up a few sundry games. Nothing spectacular, just filling in spots for the older systems.

As you might already know, the Track & Field controller works great for Colecovision Decathlon also!!!This controller is a real joystick saver.I couldn't imagine using the stock CV controller to play Decathlon, yikes!!!! :-o

Yeah, it's not a thrift find and yeah, I did post it in Auction Central but I'm so happy with this find that I'll brag about it twice! :grin:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2509298537561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250929853756&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

a R7, a R6 and a R4....all for less than $20 shipped.

post-4103-0-56952700-1322005635_thumb.jpg

Plus, I bought a common 7800 box that I don't have in my collection, really didn't need it sealed but the box looks nice. I'll probably open it to match the rest of my collection:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306413576791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330641357679&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I was in a pawn shop I'd never been in before. Wow, prices are "crazy ebay bin" or higher. I did end up picking up one Genesis game - Outrun which was complete and in great shape. They wanted $17, I countered at $10 and settled on $12. Not bad but not great. For some reason Genny Outrun is hard to find and a bit on the pricey side.

I was in a pawn shop I'd never been in before. Wow, prices are "crazy ebay bin" or higher. I did end up picking up one Genesis game - Outrun which was complete and in great shape. They wanted $17, I countered at $10 and settled on $12. Not bad but not great. For some reason Genny Outrun is hard to find and a bit on the pricey side.

I would pay $12.00 for Outrun all day long

Not because its rare, I have no idea if its rre or super common

Because I love Outrun and used to play it all the time in the arcade, so when I finally got a Genny and was able to play Outrun at home I was in heaven

There are games that I loved so much back in the 80s that I would pay for even if I thought it was too expensive

I would have done the exact same thing you did AtariLeaf, good call on getting it down to $12.00

I would have done the exact same thing you did AtariLeaf, good call on getting it down to $12.00

Thanks, yep great game and worth it. Awesome port. Also, I just came back from a Value Village and picked up this lovely chap for $3.99. I felt a little foolish standing in line but how could I not spend $4 on a big ass 28" Donkey Kong stuffed animal. Real licened product too with the little Nintendo tag sewn to his ass :D

post-2493-0-49360700-1322345579_thumb.jpg

Thanks, yep great game and worth it. Awesome port. Also, I just came back from a Value Village and picked up this lovely chap for $3.99. I felt a little foolish standing in line but how could I not spend $4 on a big ass 28" Donkey Kong stuffed animal. Real licened product too with the little Nintendo tag sewn to his ass

3.99.... sick, nice price for one that big

Thanks, yep great game and worth it. Awesome port. Also, I just came back from a Value Village and picked up this lovely chap for $3.99. I felt a little foolish standing in line but how could I not spend $4 on a big ass 28" Donkey Kong stuffed animal. Real licened product too with the little Nintendo tag sewn to his ass

3.99.... sick, nice price for one that big

I had him sitting in the passenger seat of my car on the way home. Got a few quizzical looks too :D

Edited by AtariLeaf

Goodwill. So odd. You can find some things there for insanely good prices, and other things, well, you just wonder if they're insane.

Take yesterday for example. Me and a buddy went to one that's kind of far away from where I live, but they have a fairly good selection of clothes there. He's been looking for a decent overcoat (he's going to be a doctor, and he dresses fairly nice most of the time). Found a wool overcoat in PERFECT condition, and I mean absolutely perfect, for 12 bucks. We estimated that it was probably a 2 - 3 hundred dollar coat originally. Then we look at the paltry electronics they have. 25 bucks for a 1980's toaster that you can get a brand new model of at Wally for 10 bucks. Ugh.