IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Recent pick-ups

A amiga 500 with 512kb expansion, mouse and power supply and a amiga cd32 with original controller and power supply, both working perfect, but both need a good clean. For free. Got it from an old colleague.

A wico commander stick for 1 euro

4-in-1 action replay card for Sega Saturn 1 euro

Power League 2 vol 20 for pc-engine 1 euro

Creatonic Mega Duck with 3 games for 24 euro

Castle of illusion cart for gamegear 3,50 euro

Cliffhanger cart for gamegear 3,50 euro

Got these items today:

@Goodwill:

Sega Game Gear w/ case, 2x power supplies, screen magnifier, game genie w/ books, and the following games (all with their manuals)

Aerial Assault

Jurassic Park

Surf Ninjas

Bart Vs. The World

Bartman meets Radioactive man

Streets of rage

Sonic 2

Mortal Kombat

Arcade Classics

Joe Montana Football

The Majors Pro Baseball x2

Spiderman x2

Frank Thomas Big Hurt

Shinobi

Sonic Triple Trouble

Scratch Golf

$29.99 for all that

Also picked up:

Warcraft III Reign of Chaos DVD movie 1.99

Night Driver 2600 (Cart2 with free moving dust cover) .99

PS2: Savage Skies .99

PS2: Stuntman .99

XBOX: Midway Arcade Treasures .99

5x Pokemon Game Art Folio (nintendo) .10 each

Also picked up a USB Sony floppy drive for $5.99

Then off to the pawn shop to get these (all $1 each)

2600:

Home Run (1987, no "use with joystick controllers)

Yars Revenge (sears)

Vanguard 1987 version

RS Baseball, 1987 version

Swordquest 1986 version, cart2 free moving dust cover

Spelling (sears)

Atlantis night label

RotLA

Gunslinger (sears)

Phoenix 1988 version

ET: Blurry pic version

INTV:

Venture

Frogger

Math Fun

Mission X

Vectron

Carnival

Mouse Trap

Lock n Chase

Qbert

Donkey Kong

Not a bad day!

Got these items today:

@Goodwill:

Sega Game Gear w/ case, 2x power supplies, screen magnifier, game genie w/ books, and the following games (all with their manuals)

Aerial Assault

Jurassic Park

Surf Ninjas

Bart Vs. The World

Bartman meets Radioactive man

Streets of rage

Sonic 2

Mortal Kombat

Arcade Classics

Joe Montana Football

The Majors Pro Baseball x2

Spiderman x2

Frank Thomas Big Hurt

Shinobi

Sonic Triple Trouble

Scratch Golf

$29.99 for all that

Also picked up:

Warcraft III Reign of Chaos DVD movie 1.99

Night Driver 2600 (Cart2 with free moving dust cover) .99

PS2: Savage Skies .99

PS2: Stuntman .99

XBOX: Midway Arcade Treasures .99

5x Pokemon Game Art Folio (nintendo) .10 each

Also picked up a USB Sony floppy drive for $5.99

Then off to the pawn shop to get these (all $1 each)

2600:

Home Run (1987, no "use with joystick controllers)

Yars Revenge (sears)

Vanguard 1987 version

RS Baseball, 1987 version

Swordquest 1986 version, cart2 free moving dust cover

Spelling (sears)

Atlantis night label

RotLA

Gunslinger (sears)

Phoenix 1988 version

ET: Blurry pic version

INTV:

Venture

Frogger

Math Fun

Mission X

Vectron

Carnival

Mouse Trap

Lock n Chase

Qbert

Donkey Kong

Not a bad day!

Nice. If you need your game gear fixed up have a look at the link in my signature line and give me a PM ;)

AX

Picked these up in November and December. Both were listed on craigslist & I have posted them on other boards but...:

Frogger

IMGP0340.jpg

Here it is chillin' with my Taito / Bloody Wolf cab. Picked it up minus the PCB for $10. Otherwise it was complete, but it must have been stored in a damp area, as the lower 6 inches were rotten. Have since replaced the wood, so it's now structurally sound. :D Lots o' work left; hope to have it done by the spring.

Defender

WilliamsDefender.jpg

This one turned out to be a pretty good find. Was advertised as a nonworking machine for Free- just needed to be able to get it out of the owner's basement. The owner didn't know anything about the machine, except that it was there when he bought the house & the previous owner said it worked, though he had never seen it function. When I got it home, I decided to plug it in and turned on the power switch. Success! He must not have known where the switch was located, lol. It's a Defender cab with a Sega ESwat board. Will be converting this to a MultiWilliams.

-Rob

I plugged it in, all works great except for the sound. it's extremely low.

If you're handy enough with electronics, you could fix that yourself. I fixed 2 gamegears that had low/no sound, and one with a fade picture. You just need to swap the caps on the board.

I plugged it in, all works great except for the sound. it's extremely low.

If you're handy enough with electronics, you could fix that yourself. I fixed 2 gamegears that had low/no sound, and one with a fade picture. You just need to swap the caps on the board.

the.golden.axe said he can do it for pretty cheap, although I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron. I'll have to see if I have the caps in stock at the moment.

It's been a good month for Nintendo and me.

A couple of weeks back I took part in a video game trivia contest. I was out of my league with most of the questions about Nintendo and Capcom games. I didn't embarrass myself too badly, though, and the host was quite generous. Everybody took home prizes. I scored a baby tee of Mario, Luigi and the gang, and a Donkey Kong Country 2 SNES cartridge. I wondered what I was going to do with the shirt, when my roommate suggested...

post-6115-0-36408900-1327816244_thumb.jpg

Ironically enough, the shirt is way too big for him, but hey, how many people can show Pepe is a Super Mario fan?

And today I scored this batch:

post-6115-0-57570400-1327816411_thumb.jpg

That's Mega Man 6 for the NES, and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Paper Mario for the N-64, among other goodies. Three bucks each. There was more to be had, but these were gems.

Edited by FujiSkunk

Got this today, not game related but awesome. Its the novelization of Robot Jox... yes this exists apparently. lmao

Lol... the Robot Jox movie came out in like 1990... it was terrible :D

I personally love the movie even with how bad it is. The action in it is top notch and the stop motion while jerky is 1000x more believeable then all the uncanny vally modern cgi crap. :P

I picked up a PS2 joystick for $10. I may modify it for other systems.

It is a Super Pro+Stick from MAS Systems.

post-7833-0-26927100-1328210763_thumb.jpg

Nice score, you could probably sell it and buy whatever you like for whatever system you want. Mas are high quality/price items. PS... adapters are available for most systems to PS since PS controllers are popular... you may not need to mod it internally just get yourself some dongles :D

AX

Nice score, you could probably sell it and buy whatever you like for whatever system you want. Mas are high quality/price items. PS... adapters are available for most systems to PS since PS controllers are popular... you may not need to mod it internally just get yourself some dongles :D

That was why I picked it up. The quality was high and seemed like arcade buttons and joystick. Was just going to make it work with my other atari projects. Nothing that could not be undone. I could not build a joystick like this for anywhere near $10. I also have a PS2-USB adaptor so I know I have a few uses already.

Stopped at Mega Replay and picked up for the Atari 2600: Frogger, Combat, and Freeway. For the 7800: Asteroids, Choplifter, Robotron 2084, F-18 Hornet, TitleMatch Pro Wrestling, Double Dragon, Rampage, Xevious, and Kung Fu Master. All in a bundle for $6. Good deal? All look in great shape label wise.

Edited by thegamezmaster
  • Like 1

Stopped at Mega Replay and picked up for the Atari 2600: Frogger, Combat, and Freeway. For the 7800: Asteroids, Choplifter, Robotron 2084, F-18 Hornet, TitleMatch Pro Wrestling, Double Dragon, Rampage, Xevious, and Kung Fu Master. All in a bundle for $6. Good deal?

Awesome deal! The 7800 Activision and Absolute titles can command better than $6 each if you're inclined to sell.

Edited by FujiSkunk

Stopped at Mega Replay and picked up for the Atari 2600: Frogger, Combat, and Freeway. For the 7800: Asteroids, Choplifter, Robotron 2084, F-18 Hornet, TitleMatch Pro Wrestling, Double Dragon, Rampage, Xevious, and Kung Fu Master. All in a bundle for $6. Good deal? All look in great shape label wise.

Yeah what Fuji said! There are dry times where collectors have trouble finding any of the activision titles, much less all at once :D Nice Score!