IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Today I finally got a Vectrex with two games and working for $50.

Also bought this 5200 lot off of ebay. After shipping it's about $3 per game and I'll consider the controllers and system (included with the BIN) as free

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1306576507651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130657650765&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Nice welcome to the VecX world. A few people were just talking about a guy selling repro overlays in another thread HERE.

I'm probably going to sell the three real games I have and just get a set of those since I have the flash cart.

AX

Not thrift but from a rummage sale, 6 CD-i titles for 5 euro each.

- Tetsuo Gaiden

- Labyrinth of Crete

- Creature Shock

- Brain Dead 13

- Crime Patrol

- Shadoan (Kingdom II)

Bought today at a retrofair in the Netherlands:

- Tasac 2010 – Supervision (5,-) Sealed

- Gates of Zendocon – Lynx (7,-) Boxed

- Dirty Larry Renagade Cop – Lynx (7,-)

- Chase H.Q. – Gameboy (1,-)

- De Zaak Sam – CD-i (1,-)

- Basketball game – PC-engine (1,-) Boxed

- Game vol. 11 – PC-engine (1,-) Boxed

- Aladdin – Game Gear (1,-) Sealed

- Super Battletank – Game Gear (1,-) Sealed

- Doosje voor GBA crystal compleet met handleiding (0,50)

- Wing Arms – Sega Saturn (3,-) Boxed

- Shadow of the Colossus – PS2 (15,-) Boxed

- Guncon lightgun – PS (6,50)

post-5654-0-15349700-1330887159_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-18252100-1330887167_thumb.jpg

Decent find yesterday - a complete in box Galaxian 2 handheld for $30 at a flea market. The value on these seems to be all over the place, but I feel I got a good deal. Plus, strangely enough, it's an Australian release of it. In the US they were sold under the Entex brand, but in Australia, they were Futuretronics.

I love these old handhelds and can't pass them up for a decent price. Oh, and it works great too!

post-12780-0-16733600-1330897667_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

An older friend of mine at work knows that I collect viintage video games, and he talked with one of his friends that had Atari items in his garage. I was able to buy his collection for a reasonable price. The highlight is five unopened 2600 games: Space Invaders, Galaxian, Night Driver, Missile Command, and Bezerk. Four of them are sealed!

I realize that these are the most common games, and I've bought plenty of later run sealed games that aren't worth much. I bought them just to have them in my collection, but does anyone have an idea on value? The Space invaders has a 1978 copyright on it.

post-221-0-88125900-1331392903_thumb.jpg

Edited by ARCZero

An older friend of mine at work knows that I collect viintage video games, and he talked with one of his friends that had Atari items in his garage. I was able to buy his collection for a reasonable price. The highlight is five unopened 2600 games: Space Invaders, Galaxian, Night Driver, Missile Command, and Bezerk. Four of them are sealed!

I realize that these are the most common games, and I've bought plenty of later run sealed games that aren't worth much. I bought them just to have them in my collection, but does anyone have an idea on value? The Space invaders has a 1978 copyright on it.

Unfortunately they are pretty common even new in the box. The lot might get $20 on a good day.

Nice games though

Slim pickin's here during the week. Was too sick to go anywhere over the weekend. Sad find Quest for Glory 5: Dragon Fire with a disc missing with $20ish if it had been complete, and then a older Star Wars Rebel Assault I & II PC box set that the same thrift broke up in to $3 each discs (even discs marked part 1 & 2 where you couldn't use one or the other alone). The best thing was Mickey Mouse for V.smile, and my little guy was very pleased with it for $1.99. Also saw a Sony KV32100 flat crt in great shape with remote and manual for $75 but the guy wouldn't take a check at 4:45pm in the middle of no-freakin-where (understandable, and I'm cool with that). Came back after telling him I would, at 5:18pm and he was gone. It wasn't that great of deal but it was a waste of time/gas and a fairly nice TV. He also had a Robin Hood Defender for Xbox in bad but buffable shape I'd wanted (planned to work it in as a freebie). His loss. Tube TVs are niche at yard sales these days.

AX

I'm kinda new to the forums, so I'll post my current top 3 finds:

1. Last weekend I bought a working Vectrex with controller and 6 games (all loose carts though) for € 25 (around $ 33). That was a real steal, I think :-)

2. Last year I got 6 Vectrex games (all complete) from a friend for 6 bottles of Belgian beer (brand was Leffe Blonde if you want to know :-) ) --> Hyperchase, Cosmic Chasm, Bedlam, Fortress of Narzod, Berzerk and Spike, along with a broken but boxed Vectrex with a working controller. Another friend who's brilliant at electronics is attempting to repair the Vectrex CAUTIOUSLY :-)

3. A few months ago I bought a mint condish complete copy of Neutopia for the TurboGrafX-16 for € 20 (around $ 26). I'd say that was very reasonable given the prices they charge on eBay.

I have not had anything game related to post for a bit. Sure I've ran across the random Genesis game here and there but nothing great. Today I did! Not video games, but games none the less.

post-29567-0-73344600-1331834033_thumb.jpg

Stop Thief (missing money) $7.50. I didn't feel tobad about giving $7.50 for this one. I have not tested the scanner but it looks clean.

post-29567-0-51706100-1331834016_thumb.jpg

'54 Monopoly. I have not checked everything, but all of the wooden pieces are there. The box is pretty bad. $2

post-29567-0-64760300-1331834009_thumb.jpg

'80 DnD. Has all of the books, papers (that I know off) and all of the original dice. $3

post-29567-0-89727400-1331834023_thumb.jpg

Panzer Leader by Avalon Hill. Unpunched/Unused. $2.50.

So $15 for all of that. Not too bad :) I'm dying to try Stop Thief! Now I have to dig up a 9v battery...

B

Edited by bigbee99
  • Like 1

I'm kinda new to the forums, so I'll post my current top 3 finds:

1. Last weekend I bought a working Vectrex with controller and 6 games (all loose carts though) for € 25 (around $ 33). That was a real steal, I think :-)

2. Last year I got 6 Vectrex games (all complete) from a friend for 6 bottles of Belgian beer (brand was Leffe Blonde if you want to know :-) ) --> Hyperchase, Cosmic Chasm, Bedlam, Fortress of Narzod, Berzerk and Spike, along with a broken but boxed Vectrex with a working controller. Another friend who's brilliant at electronics is attempting to repair the Vectrex CAUTIOUSLY :-)

3. A few months ago I bought a mint condish complete copy of Neutopia for the TurboGrafX-16 for € 20 (around $ 26). I'd say that was very reasonable given the prices they charge on eBay.

Welcome Neighbor.

Nice stuff, for cheap you have found. Yes, beer is a nice trading object. I traded a six pack of Palm for 2 c64, 2 datasette, 1541-II, final cartridge all manuals.

Leffe is a nice beer also, so are a lot of Belgium beers. Makes me thirsty.

• Like 1

I have not had anything game related to post for a bit. Sure I've ran across the random Genesis game here and there but nothing great. Today I did! Not video games, but games none the less.

post-29567-0-73344600-1331834033_thumb.jpg

Stop Thief (missing money) $7.50. I didn't feel tobad about giving $7.50 for this one. I have not tested the scanner but it looks clean.

post-29567-0-51706100-1331834016_thumb.jpg

'54 Monopoly. I have not checked everything, but all of the wooden pieces are there. The box is pretty bad. $2

post-29567-0-64760300-1331834009_thumb.jpg

'80 DnD. Has all of the books, papers (that I know off) and all of the original dice. $3

post-29567-0-89727400-1331834023_thumb.jpg

Panzer Leader by Avalon Hill. Unpunched/Unused. $2.50.

So $15 for all of that. Not too bad :) I'm dying to try Stop Thief! Now I have to dig up a 9v battery...

B

Nice to see a fellow board game collector.

Have had some dry spells for awhile at Goodwill, but managed to get a decent Game Gear set yesterday for $7.99

Had the Game Gear, which works well and even has sound, 2 copies of Sonic 2, Robocop 3, Battletoads, Desert Speedtrap, Formula One, Solitaire, and James Pond 2. It came with two power supplies, and the Game Gear carrying case.

Have had some dry spells for awhile at Goodwill, but managed to get a decent Game Gear set yesterday for $7.99

Had the Game Gear, which works well and even has sound, 2 copies of Sonic 2, Robocop 3, Battletoads, Desert Speedtrap, Formula One, Solitaire, and James Pond 2. It came with two power supplies, and the Game Gear carrying case.

Wow, nice. Battle Toads is worth more than $7.99 alone, if it is the big case that is worth more than $7.99 alone, and genuine powers are worth at least $5 - 7 each. I'd say you easily got four times your money in value. Let me know if you ever want any work done on that system ;) good to see you posting here again!

AX

Went to one thrift store and found 2 N64 games for $1/ea, so feeling lucky I tried a different shop that I almost never have any luck at. Mixed in with the DVDs were complete genesis/32x/cd games for $3/ea and I grabbed everything that wasn't common. Kolibri and Final Fight CD were especially nice to see.

gamesv.th.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Went to one thrift store and found 2 N64 games for $1/ea, so feeling lucky I tried a different shop that I almost never have any luck at. Mixed in with the DVDs were complete genesis/32x/cd games for $3/ea and I grabbed everything that wasn't common. Kolibri and Final Fight CD were especially nice to see.

gamesv.th.jpg

That haul is well over $100 in stuff. VERY nice. I've got all of those in my collection, some great titles (other than Golf). I love the old Sega CDs.

Hit a couple of thrifts this weekend:

Two PS1 memory cards for $.75 each.

GameBoy Games for $2.5 each:

Donkey Kong Land 2

Frogger

Battleship

Sega Genesis games for $1 each:

6-Pack

Street Fighter Special Championship Edition

God of War II two disk set for $4.

Prince of Persia for the SNES for $3.

A first gen Nintendo DS with original stylus, soft case and car charger for $25.

Went to a local used game store and bought a DS game, they threw in a wall charger for free. It pays to shop there often and establish a good friendship!

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GAME STORE!

Not Exactly a "Thrift Find" But a good score nonetheless! :D

post-26390-0-35979200-1332808925_thumb.jpg

A Friend of mine gave it to me. He and I both thought the laser was the problem. It powers on, the disc spins, it just can't read the disc.

I tried adjusting to speed using the screw on the back of the laser, Cleaning the lens, all the ways to save it. So I guess I'll just buy a new Laser. Cheaper than what the consoles are going for now, And I want to save this one ;).

But, Hey, IT WAS FREE! :grin:

My wife just returned from a trip to Canada to see her family and I was expecting some of the unique Canadian chocolate bars that I like so much when she returned (MINT AERO BAR, MMMM!) But, the weather was fair enough to hit some yard sales with her brother, this is what she found me:

post-4103-0-03165900-1332892206_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-92784900-1332892209_thumb.jpg

post-4103-0-52104800-1332892213_thumb.jpg

She got the three Gamecube games for 5 bucks, RE4 is missing the manual but the other two are complete. The misc. manuals are kind of beat up but have some good one's so not bad for only a buck. The best was all the 2600 and ColecoVision games for 5 bucks, I'm most excited for Frogger II and the Zellers Freeway, both of which I don't have. I'm not sure what all I need but I know the Zellers game and Frogger II is for my collection, what a great deal for $11!

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari
  • Like 2