IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

$25 for a GH or RB guitar is optimistic, but not entirely unreasonable, if they're tested, refurbished and given a store warranty. There's still plenty of fans of both game series, and hardware is getting hard to come by.

I test game guitars as they come in to the thrift store I volunteer at, and I put a $5 tag on the guitars that test all right. Except for PS2 guitars, they sell pretty quickly, and even the PS2 guitars usually move after a few weeks tops.

Sale: Bart vs. the Space Mutants handheld game for 50 cents. Works, no battery cover. First time I've seen an Acclaim handheld in the wild.

Also made the Boneheaded Move of the Day: Passed on a Game Gear Sports System (blue instead of black) in the box for $20. Didn't have the right charger. I've got enough Game Gears, or so I thought. Then I see one went on eBay for $140 (with the right charger).

Sale: Box of stuff for $4. Atari VCS with no AC adaptor, games, a few manuals that don't go with the games, and a dirty Video Touch Pad with dirty Star Raiders overlay. Most of the games are actually for ColecoVision, which I don't have, but I thought I should pick it up anyway. Haven't cleaned or tested anything.

Games: Frogger, Combat, Adventure (VCS), Nova Blast, Subroc, Venture, WarGames (w/ one overlay), Time Pilot (CV)

post-19045-0-06753900-1402605477_thumb.jpg

Sale: Two PSP games - Wipeout Pure (no manual) $2, Sonic Rivals 2 (disc only) $1

• Like 3

Today was a good day for me. I never believed in Friday the 13th curse like some do and it paid off.

Sears RGB monitor 195-21353452 has RF, composite, and RGB input. RGB input has old style 8 pins VTR connector and the cable that came with it has standard 9 pin D connector that was widely used in RGB consoles.
Super Graphix Jr
Super Graphix Gold (no PSU)
1541-II drive (no PSU)
Adventure Creator (case and manual, no game)
Ms. Pac Man (complete, flattened box)
Partnet 128 (complete plus extra disks)
Story Machine (case and manual, no game)
Facemaker (complete)
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Curse of the Azure Bonds (complete? Crushed box but imacculate contents)
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Secret of the Silver Blades (complete? immaculate contents)
Indiana Jones Temple of Doom (complete?)
and these pile of disks:
Motor Mania
mecc exoedutions
One on One
$100,000 Pyramid
Frogger / Threshold
Loadstar (not sure which one, has both sides)
Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer
Movie Creator
Murder by the Dozen
UFO / Galaxibirds
4 carts: Moon Patrol, Robotron 2084, Radar Rat Race, and Linking Logic
and a couple disks full of games, probably pirated
SAM_0451_zps6df6ad97.jpg

The 1541-II was $1.49 by itself and worth it for spare parts even if it doesn't work. The rest of the games were bundled with the monitor, I suspect it should have been included with the 128D I got a while ago. Now to find a power supply to test that 1541-II.
Edited by Uzumaki
  • Like 3

e3yte3uq.jpg

This week's garage sale finds:

Fable 3 - New Sealed - Xbox 360

Resident Evil - Wii

Cabela's Survival Shadows of Katmai- Xbox 360

They wanted 5 each but I talked them down to 3 for 10.

Only other games I saw were very overpriced Wii and Xbox 360 sports titles .

Some nice finds yesterday.

post-6115-0-79762800-1402841582_thumb.jpg

More good '80s vinyl, including a couple of 12" singles for the dance remix collection.

post-6115-0-48083900-1402841605_thumb.jpg

Some choice N64 bits.

post-6115-0-94038100-1402841618_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I don't know. I thought it might be fun to dance along to the "Kim Possible" songs. Don't judge me!

I passed on a couple Bambino handheld games, Boxing and Football. They were asking $5 each, but they weren't willing to go lower on the price, even if it was almost closing time. I was more interested in the boxing game. Supposedly it worked, but there was brown stuff on the bottom and in the battery compartment.

I passed on a couple Bambino handheld games, Boxing and Football. They were asking $5 each, but they weren't willing to go lower on the price, even if it was almost closing time. I was more interested in the boxing game. Supposedly it worked, but there was brown stuff on the bottom and in the battery compartment.

The standard exchange in these cases between myself and friends over the years has been: "It's not what you are thinking, some kid was here earlier eating a fudgsicle and some of it got on the __insert item name__."

This works well when you are on the fence about buying or leaving it !! ;)

Scored from the Pendergrass indoor flea market in NE Georgia. They only had one or two game shops, but the Asian guy I scored these from was real nice after I chatted him up a little. Nearly all his games had nice labels. In fact seven of these were replacements for games with inferior labels. He wasn't very realistic about the complete system prices like a jr. with a dozen games for $100, but these were only $3 each. He also had a 4 switch woody with box & a boxed 5200. Holy crap! did he have a butt load of Nintendo stuff.

post-5530-0-44854800-1402861892_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I found this 800XL and 1050 floppy a few weeks ago. No power supplies but a a/v and sio cable were attached. The 800XL worked fine and I got the 1050 going again after tinkering with the tandon mech a bit...cleaning/lubrication/adjustments. By the look of them, they had both been stored in a dry dusty place for a long time. The 800XL was always my favorite model...spent $9.98 usd total for both.

post-15209-0-34826200-1402881359_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The standard exchange in these cases between myself and friends over the years has been: "It's not what you are thinking, some kid was here earlier eating a fudgsicle and some of it got on the __insert item name__."

This works well when you are on the fence about buying or leaving it !! ;)

If I see a $10 brown spotted Entex Adventure Vision, I ain't hesitating.

Good nintendo pickup from a few days ago...

NES:

NES system complete with cables and 2 controllers

Zapper

Legend of Zelda (grey variant)

Super Mario Bros. 2

Bases Loaded

Karate Kid

Kung Fu

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt

Mike Tyson's Punch-out!!

Ice Climber

2 dust covers