IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Found the TRS-80 and TI-99 motherload. Around 70 TI-99 cartridges (only unique titles shown) and 45 TRS-80 cart games. These were being sold in lots of 5 to 10 at a local resell store. Did some negotiating and got them all for $85. It's been a while since I saw that many old computer carts in one place!

post-31049-0-80097900-1404822830_thumb.jpg

post-31049-0-11403000-1404822843_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Wow, that's one heck of a CoCo find! Just for my own curiosity, I transcribed the list of games:

Appliance and Light Controller
Art Gallery
Audio Spectrum Analyzer
Bustout x 2
Canyon Climber
Castle Guard
Checkers
Chess x 2
Clowns & Balloons
Color Baseball
Color File II
Color Scripsit
Color Scripsit II
Demolition Derby
Diagnostics
Doubleback x 2
Downland
Dragonfire
Dungeons of Daggorath
Math Bingo
Math Tutor
Mega-Bug
Microbes
Monster Maze
Panic Button
Personal Finance
Personal Finance II x 2
Polaris
Roman Checkers
Shanghai
Silpheed
Skiing
Spectaculator
Springster
Super Pitfall
Tetris x 2
Thexder x 2
TypeMate
Typing Tutor
unknown
Wildcatting
  • Like 1

I got a Colecovision Adam (printer, keyboard, memory console) and a C64 for CDN$10 at a garage sale last week. He was asking $8 but I felt bad.

The Adam is very cool, I'd never seen one before as I don't think they made it to the UK. I have no software or cartridges and I am not sure if it is working, it outputs a blank screen, the printer moves and the cassette drive spins.

The C64 is pretty fun, I've hooked it up as a USB keyboard already using a 2-line basic program. I don't have any way to load or save so the code has to be short!

There's an Atari 65XE for sale near me, asking $70, and $25 for a 1050 drive. Seemed a bit steep to me (maybe I'm just influenced by my amazing deal last week)? If I end up getting a good price for it I might have to cancel some of my current eBay auctions of Atari 8 bit software...

Edited by galax
  • Like 1

I got a Colecovision Adam (printer, keyboard, memory console) and a C64 for CDN$10 at a garage sale last week. He was asking $8 but I felt bad.

The Adam is very cool, I'd never seen one before as I don't think they made it to the UK. I have no software or cartridges and I am not sure if it is working, it outputs a blank screen, the printer moves and the cassette drive spins.

The C64 is pretty fun, I've hooked it up as a USB keyboard already using a 2-line basic program. I don't have any way to load or save so the code has to be short!

There's an Atari 65XE for sale near me, asking $70, and $25 for a 1050 drive. Seemed a bit steep to me (maybe I'm just influenced by my amazing deal last week)? If I end up getting a good price for it I might have to cancel some of my current eBay auctions of Atari 8 bit software...

$70 seems a bit steep if it doesn't have the box. I would say around $50

Found these complete in box at a yard sale:

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes

Duke Nukem: Zero Hour

South Park

Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (collector's edition)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Along with these loose:

Banno Kazooie

Hey, You, Pikachu!

Pokemon Stadium

Super Mario 64

1080 Snowboarding

Boxed were $3 and loose were $1 so I just got them all, no VRU or mic for the Pikachu game, though, so now on the hunt for one of those.

• Like 1

Would you mind giving more info about this? (PMing me is fine if you prefer since this is an offtopic tangent, but others may be interested). I've heard of KeyRah and other hardware to use the C64 as a USB keyboard, but I'm not sure that's what you're referring to here... ? Thanks!

picked up over 200 games this weekend. I can't list every items but I recall that there were 155 NES games alone, and lots of genesis games as well.

I made multiple youtube video's covering my haul. So if you enjoy it, please make sure to give the video(s) a like!

post-38514-0-64634100-1405125210_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Got "early bird" lucky on today's flea market. Scored a Pong console, which are very rare in the wild around here. And it works well. I was so happy, I broke my internet silence and made a video about it - with voiceover. First time ever you hear the voice of the karokoenig in the internets:

I think I finally found something worth posting about B)

Saw this last night before closing time, but I didn't know if $200 was a good deal or not. Came back this morning, right before they opened the doors.

jfywly.jpg

Very few dings, might need to replace the battery cover on the gamepad, and there's no sensor bar (but I'm just using the one from the Wii)...just got done doing a complete system reset.

Edited by Asaki

Buy 5 get one free, $0.99 each

The thrift by my house needs to have that deal =| I would probably take the whole box of 2600 games from them. $4 each is too much.

But they almost always overprice electronics, so it doesn't surprise me. They have a Dreamcast right now, just the console itself, $20.