IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

A follow up to how much ColecoVision enthuisiasts are willing to pay for something they really want:

:arrow: Ghosts & Zombies by CollectorVision just sold for $325 on eBay with 9 different bidders.

Some guys contacted me directly and offer me even more , but until now i have declined all offers.

Concerning he-man , if a full playable version is released on cartridge i'm on to buy it.

I don't know where the 5,000 bucks came from for authorization.

The last time I talked to Intellivision Lives guys they said they were never able to get authorization and that they try again every couple of years. They had told me that Mattel was even more against it currently because they were thinking of rebooting He-man with a new tv show, movie, and toy release along with I am sure games for the new systems and they said that they did not want a bad looking product on an old system to make them look bad.

I guess the last time I talked to them was beginning of last year so they could have tried since then and had your $5000 quote.

I don't know where the 5,000 bucks came from for authorization.

The last time I talked to Intellivision Lives guys they said they were never able to get authorization and that they try again every couple of years. They had told me that Mattel was even more against it currently because they were thinking of rebooting He-man with a new tv show, movie, and toy release along with I am sure games for the new systems and they said that they did not want a bad looking product on an old system to make them look bad.

I guess the last time I talked to them was beginning of last year so they could have tried since then and had your $5000 quote.

I doubt that Mattel would hassle with a measly $5000, most likely you would need a 6 figure amount to even make it worth their while.

Plus Mattel would most likely not even deal with you unless you held the rights to the Coleco name.

Here is how I think the He-Man game could be legitimately released.

1.Contact who ever holds the rights to the Coleco and ColecoVision trademarks and buy the rights.

2.Make a high quality working ColecoVision handheld or console prototype.

3.Get you hands on the He-Man rom, and have a lawyer contact Mattel about licensing He-Man to bundle with your new handheld or console.

4.Loose your ass making a new ColecoVision and licensing a game for ancient technology.

Realistic Alternative... find out who has the rom, and bride him to give it to you for like $1000. Upload it anonymously to dozens of places on the net. Create a fake username here on AtariAge and post links to download it.

I'm wondering if it would be possible for Blue Sky Rangers to hack the title screen/character names etc and then release it under a different name? :ponder:

The real question is: Does Blue Sky Rangers would be REALLY willing to release it?

I think no

Yeah actually that is probably the best idea yet. If they change the title of the game and they would probably have to at least adjust the castle because that castle looks exactly like the one on He-man from what I can remember.

Then they could release it and people would have a new game and supposedly 2 new games because I believe he told me both were completed and they were just trying to get it released. I don't think anyone has the 2nd He-man on rom though. Of course, I didn't even know some people had the first one. J-F if you know who has the Rom then maybe we can get the Brotherhood to buy it.

J-F if you know who has the Rom then maybe we can get the Brotherhood to buy it.

That is what I was thinking...

That could be possible, hacking the game would be easy, I supposed

But CV community rarely share rare stuff, that's what I'm afraid of...

That's also why I have so much respect for the Atari community

I sent an email to the guy (I know) who own He-Man eprom

I know that guy and I'm sure he really have it, but he's afraid to let it go

So with the Brotherhood, maybe we would be able to get our hands on it, and if we get it, be sure that the CV community will FINALLY be able to play it! :)

Let's see what will happen...

I sent an email to the guy (I know) who own He-Man eprom

I know that guy and I'm sure he really have it, but he's afraid to let it go

So with the Brotherhood, maybe we would be able to get our hands on it, and if we get it, be sure that the CV community will FINALLY be able to play it! :)

Let's see what will happen...

Whatever you might need, I'm more than willing to lend a hand.

Edited by NIAD

Arrghh... why the video are so short?!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

That game looks awesome.

Sorry about the short videos. At the time I took them, all I had was an early Sony Mavica camera that recorded images and/or videos to 3.5" floppies. I could have recorded longer videos, but the resolution would have been cut in half. To make up for it, here is a prototype Colecovision Gyruss rom image for your enjoyment.

That game looks awesome.

Sorry about the short videos. At the time I took them, all I had was an early Sony Mavica camera that recorded images and/or videos to 3.5" floppies. I could have recorded longer videos, but the resolution would have been cut in half. To make up for it, here is a prototype Colecovision Gyruss rom image for your enjoyment.

Am I missing something? There isn't a rom attached to your post.

• Like 1

That game looks awesome.

Attached is the ColecoVision Gyruss Prototype. The prior upload attempt must have failed due to the .ROM file extension.

ColecoVisionGyrussProto.zip

• Like 7

That game looks awesome.

Attached is the ColecoVision Gyruss Prototype. The prior upload attempt must have failed due to the .ROM file extension.

Wow, That's looking and sounds different! :cool:

Thanks alot!! :thumbsup: +1

That game looks awesome.

Thanks for the great proto rom (+1) - fascinating to see the differences between the proto and released game. Do you know any history behind the proto rom?

Edited by Ikrananka

Here's the link to CyberRoach's site and review of CGE '99... where the pics and video can be found:

http://www.cyberroach.com/cyromag/six/cge991p.htm

or use this one to view the other online articles:

http://www.cyberroach.com/cyromag/

Thanks for the links. I notice that in your first post there are some screenshots that look like they've come from an emulator screen capture but are not featured on the website that you linked to. Did these come from another source?

I notice that in your first post there are some screenshots that look like they've come from an emulator screen capture but are not featured on the website that you linked to. Did these come from another source?

I saw screenshots of He-Man and other games at the old Blue Sky Rangers web site... which is "still online" at archive.org ... but I'm not sure if it's the same screen capture you are talking about.

I notice that in your first post there are some screenshots that look like they've come from an emulator screen capture but are not featured on the website that you linked to. Did these come from another source?

I saw screenshots of He-Man and other games at the old Blue Sky Rangers web site... which is "still online" at archive.org ... but I'm not sure if it's the same screen capture you are talking about.

Thanks - you're right - some of them are there - here's the link:

http://replay.web.archive.org/20000529021108/http://www.makingit.com/bluesky/credits/coleco.html#masters

Edited by Ikrananka