IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

6 hours ago, sn8k said:

I would If I could. Atleast 2 of them.

you should apply a job in my company... we can have what ever Tesla you want as Company car.  And said you have take a Model X , you can borrow a Model S  from our pool car.s

But not only Tesla , what ever 100% electric car you want below around 100k USD.

I personally don't like  the Teslas, for me it is an IPAD with wheels... i don't like that . The only thing that is better with tesla is the access to Super Charger network.

but my colleague love them , i think we have already 120 Teslas in the car fleet. 

To have drive almost all existing 100% electric cars  , Tesla are really not the best one.  But far to be the worst! ?

And the proof that Teslas are not the best car in the world ,  HE-MAN does not drive a Tesla! ?

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Remind me what it sold for again?  And I thought the seller had a second copy?

It went for roughly $5000....and yes, BSR said he had another copy as well as copies of all three ROMs that were made (each were different in some ways but apparently almost fully complete to my understanding).

The best info I have (yet could be missing something) is that three BSR prototypes were floating around.  One didn't run at all (maybe dead), and that was donated to the NVGM.  A second was partially completed, dunno where that went.  Third being the one that went to eBay, was essentially as complete as BSR ever got the game to be.  The buyer got the rom for that as well.  I've tried inquiring NVGM about all of this, but John H is somewhat backed up from being on vacation.

I got to this whole thing "late" after the thread was a full on conflagration, and wasn't able to follow exactly was happening as so many posts were removed.  The explanation I finally received (after correspondence) was that the plan was to offer the prototype he bought, not simply the rom as I and likely most others misunderstood, in some kind of contest.  The winner would then be free to release the rom or do whatever he/she wished with the cart.  It was to be a promotion for his gaming software.  Obviously that all devolved quite badly which I will not rehash.  The proto itself can probably be obtained for the right price, like any privately held proto has been.

@rietveld Last I was told, he paused everything during the pandemic, so not sure what's happening currently.  I know they own the rights to several old time games/franchises to be ported on various 2nd generation systems/computers. 

19 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

The best info I have (yet could be missing something)...<snip>

While much of what you say is accurate, it doesn't reflect the current situation. There's no way to say any more without breaching an honor system, but it's clear that others in this thread know what I'm referring to. My only hope is that eventually everyone who wants access to it can get it for the typical reasonable price and there's not some type of restriction like physical media only or limited initial  run only or whatever.

2 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

The best info I have (yet could be missing something) is that three BSR prototypes were floating around.  One didn't run at all (maybe dead), and that was donated to the NVGM.  A second was partially completed, dunno where that went.  Third being the one that went to eBay, was essentially as complete as BSR ever got the game to be.  The buyer got the rom for that as well.  I've tried inquiring NVGM about all of this, but John H is somewhat backed up from being on vacation.

I got to this whole thing "late" after the thread was a full on conflagration, and wasn't able to follow exactly was happening as so many posts were removed.  The explanation I finally received (after correspondence) was that the plan was to offer the prototype he bought, not simply the rom as I and likely most others misunderstood, in some kind of contest.  The winner would then be free to release the rom or do whatever he/she wished with the cart.  It was to be a promotion for his gaming software.  Obviously that all devolved quite badly which I will not rehash.  The proto itself can probably be obtained for the right price, like any privately held proto has been.

@rietveld Last I was told, he paused everything during the pandemic, so not sure what's happening currently.  I know they own the rights to several old time games/franchises to be ported on various 2nd generation systems/computers. 

He was going to give away the prototype but he said the winner would have to sign an agreement that they would not be allowed to release the rom.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, zaphro72 said:

He was going to give away the prototype but he said the winner would have to sign an agreement that they would not be allowed to release the rom.

I am pretty sure he was just covering his ass so that he would not be held liable by the copyright holder of HE-MAN  if the ROM became publically released.  

2 minutes ago, rietveld said:

I am pretty sure he was just covering his ass so that he would not be held liable by the copyright holder of HE-MAN  if the ROM became publically released.  

I see the point, but I wonder how something like He-Man: The Beat ‘Em Up can be released without incident circa 2019 versus a nearly 40 year old unreleased game? Seems to be minimal risk that would likely warrant a cease and desist at best.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how committed he was to the "NDA" on the rom either, not that it matters now, based on conversation. Probably meant prohibition of any "paid" offering, which could have entangled him and BSR.  

Mattel wouldn't care if the rom dump "found it's way" on-line.  However, even I would have advised against a reproduction project.  Like the Big N, once there is newly gained commerce, their legal sirens go off.