IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

I would love if someone can find one of the unreleased Atarisoft games though. They say Missile Command and Ms Pac-Man are out there somewhere. I would love to see those games surface, but truth is, I am not holding my breath...

I heard Missile Command was just a title screen demo, not sure if that's true or not. I've never heard of Ms. Pac-Man for the Colecovision, that one is new to me.

Tempest

I am 40 now. Until a few years ago I could probably recall the whole list of released Atari 2600 games from the top of my head. These days I feel lucky when I can remember some of the Activision games, like Pitfall, Pitfall II... Pitfall.. was there a Pitfall 3?

Anyways, for some reason I remember reading something about Ms Pac, but that is probably my memory playing tricks on me...

Eduardo

The feeling of sharing a prototype with all fans should be really a great feeling!

I hope to have this feeling someday...

IE, take coleconut who shared Fireman with us! ... I was like a kid when annouced a batch of Fireman repros! ... I was like, Yeah! another lost game to play and I was really curious about the gameplay etc...

In the end, I'm sure coleconut is really proud to had released it, and I'm also sure its REAL prototype PBC had not droped in "value term" (I hate to say that) .... not at all since hey David, I'll be ALWAYS be willing to buy the original board ;)

The fact is, I could all make you a repro box of the purple prototype box, but there's NOTHING like having the original thing

The same apply to prototype game(s) IMO

Edited by retroillucid

• 1 year later...

Anybody ever try to contact this guy (Keith Robinson)?

post-28334-0-01718000-1349213530_thumb.png

We should attempt to pick up some steam. The VCS folks dug up Steve Stack when it came to tracking down the elusive Red Sea Crossing. Now we gots us some repro carts! :D

You can try, I talked to him a long time ago and he was dead set against giving anything out until they had permission to sell from mattel and then they would produce and sell them.

He is not interested in giving free roms he is interested in selling them.

Your best bet is to find friends in Mattel that can get the deal done or someone who is a better negotiator than this guy since he says he has been trying for 20 some years.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks ColecoDan! It's good to know you tracked him down and got an answer. It's too bad that there's a breakdown with any idea of sharing the software.

I wonder of he's hard up for cash. If so, he ought to either secure the rights (could be a legal headache), or alter the characters and home brew it. But that's neither here nor there.

Hell, I'm a decent negotiator. Perhaps I'll talk to Mattel myself!

Wow, thanks ColecoDan! It's good to know you tracked him down and got an answer. It's too bad that there's a breakdown with any idea of sharing the software.

I wonder of he's hard up for cash. If so, he ought to either secure the rights (could be a legal headache), or alter the characters and home brew it. But that's neither here nor there.

Why did this guy bother about Mattel when he could simply change the title of the game?

But if you ask me....

Well, he just don't want to share the game and we will have to respect his choice

Why did this guy bother about Mattel when he could simply change the title of the game?

But if you ask me....

Well, he just don't want to share the game and we will have to respect his choice

Well it wouldn't be that simple. You can tell everything is He-man from the graphics. You would have to change everything in the game to avoid copyright problems.

I know he would get the contract any way he could so if you got him permission he would sell them.

Well it wouldn't be that simple. You can tell everything is He-man from the graphics. You would have to change everything in the game to avoid copyright problems.

I know he would get the contract any way he could so if you got him permission he would sell them.

You are right...... But will Mattel really care if ...let's 200 copies would be sold?

I don't think so....

Anyway.... I don't have any hope now to see this one released someday.....

• 1 year later...

If you read thru this thread you will see that only a VERY few people have the actual cart version of the game and only a handful were given the rom version. It is probably the most protected CV game ever made and I guess deservedly so seeing as there is money to be made if the OK is even given by the rights holders of He-Man to make a release.

Don't hold your breath!

I love old threads like these that get ressurrected! Especially this one since I started it. :D

To think, it's been a couple more years without a He-Man game or for that matter other unreleased games being made available and the CV Homebrew Scene is still thriving as well as getting better and better. Just look at the Indiegogo campaign for Gamester81: The Video Game, it raised $11,000 and there are still people buying it from Atari2600.com.

I love old threads like these that get ressurrected! Especially this one since I started it. :D

To think, it's been a couple more years without a He-Man game or for that matter other unreleased games being made available and the CV Homebrew Scene is still thriving as well as getting better and better. Just look at the Indiegogo campaign for Gamester81: The Video Game, it raised $11,000 and there are still people buying it from Atari2600.com.

As we all know Motu has a huge following. I have a personal friend who's collection is massive and would definnetly support a kickstarter. I think it would have a huge backing if someone got it started.