IGNORED

Shaolin Streets beta for PS2 GET IT NOW!

OldSchoolRetroGamer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjC7gsimhnk

NOTE: RIGHT OFF, The person responsible has posted links at the Assembler forums. YOU MUST BE A MEMBER TO ACCESS THOSE LINKS AND NO I WILL NOT PROVIDE THOSE OR ANY LINKS IN RESPECT OF ALCHY. IF YOU WANT IT GO TO THE FORUM LINK AND BECOME A MEMBER, IF YOU CANNOT BE BOTHERED THEN DON'T COMPLAIN.

First Credit goes to ALCHY from assemblergames forums!

See original thread and download links HERE:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33138

File downloads Files for assemblergames.com members only.

(Burn image to disc) OBVIOUSLY you require a way to boot backups such as MODCHIP or Swap Magic etc)

BE SURE TO THANK ALCHY! PEOPLE LIKE HIM MAKE IT ALL POSSIBLE FOR US TO ENJOY THESE THINGS!

More info from Unseen64:

http://www.unseen64.net/2009/03/06/shaolin-streets-x360-cancelled

FROM ALCHY's POST:

"It seems that this project, a beat 'em up by Jailed Games, was going to be released on the PS2 and PSP, but it was later post-poned, development started again on the Xbox 360, and finally it was cancelled in 2006."

This is the first time this early beta has been made publicly available; it's been available in private for a while but this is the first public release to my knowledge.

It was scheduled for all modern platforms, as far as I know. Its cancellation, and the situation surrounding that, I don't really have any details on. There are a bunch of debug options to play around with and the sketch storyboard sequences are kind of cool. I hope you all enjoy it.

At one point prior to this I could've sold it for a high price and I didn't. I hope other people who are sitting on such stuff do the same. I have a lot of respect for LeGit and the contributors to the project that he's running, and I hope this release continues the spirit of that. If you have unreleased games in your collection, please release them - they should be seen by the world.

I'm not asking for any donations for this. If you want to donate something then please do it to one of the many relief funds for the tsunami in Japan.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

As it turns out (of course one of my subscribers was quick to point out) you can in fact go to the thread link and download the disc image without being a member. My assumption came from the fact that it clearly states near the top of the thread "File downloads Files for assemblergames.com members only." and since I was signed in at the time I just assumed this was the case, I did not give it a second thought of course my only goal at the time was to get the info out ASAP for those who were not aware that might be interested in this type of thing. It's all good since those that went either realized they could download without membership to assembler forums or they did not notice and they signed up, either way Win-win for all involved lol!

As it turns out, it seems pretty cool to, now that I had more time I downloaded and burned the image to CDr using image burn and it booted right u in my modded PS2 slim. For a long look at the game and what you can expect to decide if you want to add this to your collection check out my new updated video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rgFYRDCUjQ

I like it, almost like a Prince of Persia but in the streets of Shaolin.

• 4 years later...

hi everyone

im having issues gettin this game to run on my ps2 :(

i burned off the iso using imgburn but all im gettin when i load the cd is "please insert a ps format disc"

have tried loadin using opl, and ulaunch with no luck, ive even converted files to usb and tried in hdloader but it says "files are fragmented" when i try to load it?

any ideas howto make this work plz cuz a few posts up it says just burn to disc and play, yet thats not happenin for me :(

any help apreciated

thanks

hi everyone

im having issues gettin this game to run on my ps2 :(

i burned off the iso using imgburn but all im gettin when i load the cd is "please insert a ps format disc"

have tried loadin using opl, and ulaunch with no luck, ive even converted files to usb and tried in hdloader but it says "files are fragmented" when i try to load it?

any ideas howto make this work plz cuz a few posts up it says just burn to disc and play, yet thats not happenin for me :(

any help apreciated

thanks

Wow did not expect a reply on such an old post. Anyway it says actually " burned the image to CDr using image burn and it booted right u in my modded PS2 slim." The key word here being modded ;)

You need a way to boot backups / copies of course, like a modchip in your ps2 or a flip top lid and Swap Magic boot disc because of copy protection in ps2 games you cannot just burn and play without a modded console.