IGNORED

7800 HSC Season 3 Round 18 Midnight Mutants

roadrunner

post-22103-0-65566800-1305560374_thumb.png post-22103-0-54320300-1305560400_thumb.png

Settings - (default)

Any control setup is fine.

Emulation is ok.

Screenshots are great but not mandatory.

Deadline to post scores May 30th 2011 at 11AM EST

The All Time 7800 HSC Record is 71,590 by Atarifever

Final high scores -

1. Mord (9,989,090) +11 points

2. atomickneedrop (9,931,900) +10 points

3. JacobZu7zu7 (57,200) +9 points

4. roadrunner (55,900) +8 points

5. Gorfy (33,410) +7 points

6. bennybingo (7,080) +6 points

Current standings -

Points -

Mord - 178

roadrunner - 167

atomickneedrop - 146

Atarifever - 131

Curious Sofa - 92

Gorfy - 60

Atari_Falcon - 45

SpiceWare - 45

Atarian76 - 40

doctorclu - 36

thursday83 - 33

rmaerz - 32

oyamafamily - 31

JacobZu7zu7 - 19

centiqueen81 - 17

segasaturn - 17

1982VideoGames - 14

LarcenTyler - 13

schmedly - 11

Zoyx - 10

Armonigann - 8

classicgamer_27330 - 7

gdement - 6

atariron82 - 5

Bunsen - 4

kamakazi - 4

atarigal - 3

LaserHawk - 3

The Usotsuki - 3

4Ks - 2

FlyingTurtle - 2

Rounds won -

Mord - 8

atomickneedrop - 3

Gorfy - 3

roadrunner - 2

Atarian76 - 1

Atarifever - 1

oyamafamily - 1

schmedly - 1

SpiceWare - 1

Good luck everyone.

Any corrections please post.

This is the last round of Season 3

Link to manual

http://www.atariage.com/manual_thumbs.html?SoftwareLabelID=702

Edited by roadrunner

6,360--- I didn't know what to do with the giant ram's head. I guess I'll watch the walk-thru videos to find out........

edit: just watched pt. 2 of the walk-thru ---- my guess was correct: you have to hit the protrusion at the top of the skull multiple times to kill the ram; I just happened to die before i could accomplish this

Edited by Gorfy

There seems to be a very problematic glitch in the prosystem emulation of this game. This happened to me twice: After defeating the 1st boss, I went to the basement of the mansion where I began to kill the zombies. After killing 3 or 4, the screen abruptly switched over to the title screen and my game was gone. I guess I'm going to have to unhook my 2600 and hook up the 7800 if I'm gonna play this one.

There seems to be a very problematic glitch in the prosystem emulation of this game. This happened to me twice: After defeating the 1st boss, I went to the basement of the mansion where I began to kill the zombies. After killing 3 or 4, the screen abruptly switched over to the title screen and my game was gone. I guess I'm going to have to unhook my 2600 and hook up the 7800 if I'm gonna play this one.

Interesting, i wonder if it will crash on MESS too.

It looks like real hardware for this round. :)

6,360--- I didn't know what to do with the giant ram's head. I guess I'll watch the walk-thru videos to find out........

edit: just watched pt. 2 of the walk-thru ---- my guess was correct: you have to hit the protrusion at the top of the skull multiple times to kill the ram; I just happened to die before i could accomplish this

Whenever i first played this game there were no videos of it on youtube.

I had to keep looking at the manual here on AA to figure out what the hell i was doing. lol :)

I had to keep looking at the manual here on AA to figure out what the hell i was doing. lol :)

I printed out the manual and keep it next to me for reference as I play. At this point, the diagrammatical map is particularly useful in finding my way around.

I've only watched the first two parts of the walk-thru so far. I like to try out stuff on my own until I get sufficiently frustrated, and then I resort to a "spoiler".

Edited by Gorfy

i found myself using the map when i first got the game. its quite useful to learn the layout/where stuff is.

btw - awesome that this game got voted in for the HSC!

I printed out the manual and keep it next to me for reference as I play. At this point, the diagrammatical map is particularly useful in finding my way around.

I've only watched the first two parts of the walk-thru so far. I like to try out stuff on my own until I get sufficiently frustrated, and then I resort to a "spoiler".

i found myself using the map when i first got the game. its quite useful to learn the layout/where stuff is.

btw - awesome that this game got voted in for the HSC!

I'm glad this game won too.

IMO Midnight Mutants is not just one of the best games on the 7800, but one of the best video games ever. :) :cool:

This game is just pure awesome! :) :cool:

80,560. :)

This game does seem to be a bit buggy, at least on prosystem if not the actual console. I don't know what was causing the occational reset, and there was one time where I talked to Grandpa at the edge of the screen. When I went back to the game ... I wasn't there.... but the game wasn't over. Couldn't move either apparently.

Either way, because of this I was taking screenshots every couple minutes or sooner. Right after I went up from this screen... :ponder:

post-4460-0-07168000-1306147712_thumb.png