IGNORED

Welcome Back Package contents

HammR25

How about some REAL peace offerings, like a few "$10 off any PS3 game or accessory" coupons? Give me the chance to get something I need or want, instead of just whatever you can give away for free!

I was worried that they were going to offer just such an incentive (and little else). I don't like the idea of a this welcome back package requiring a purchase, because I don't feel at all comfortable spending more on this system, and can't forsee myself making any PS3 purchases in the near future. Deus Ex is the only possible purchase on the horizon for me.

Coupons are fine for an 'along with' free stuff, but not an 'in place of.'

But then, why please me? I barely even qualify as a PS3 customer anymore.

Edited by Reaperman

How about some REAL peace offerings, like a few "$10 off any PS3 game or accessory" coupons? Give me the chance to get something I need or want, instead of just whatever you can give away for free!

Coupons are fine for an 'along with' free stuff, but not an 'in place of.'

Ok, I can totally agree to that. But, can you likewise see my point? That is, it's hardly worthwhile offering if the items are of limited value to the customer and of absolutely no value to Sony.

But then, why please me? I barely even qualify as a PS3 customer anymore.

Kind of the same here... Oddly, the outage happened right as I was starting to think maybe I should back off the 360 and focus more on the PS3. I don't see that happening now. I won't pretend that Sony lost a valuable and lucrative customer in me, but I have reconsidered a few purchasing decisions recently... :|

Since it's free stuff I'll go ahead and partake. I'm not going to bother updating the credit card number I already had cancelled.

The games are exactly what I figured they'd be. They're greatest hits titles people already have or never cared to have anyway. If PS+ requires a credit card for the 30 day trial I won't bother with it either.

Ok, I can totally agree to that. But, can you likewise see my point? That is, it's hardly worthwhile offering if the items are of limited value to the customer and of absolutely no value to Sony.

I can see that, or even a PSN credit if we wanted some new stuff from the 'backlog' of brand new PSN games coming out. That really wouldn't cost them much either, but at least there would be a greater level of selection. I might have even chosen LBP anyway.

Edited by Reaperman

This welcome back package seems OK to me, I have been curious about Infamous and LBP and will check them out now. I just played the Witcher and the single player part of Gran Turismo 5 during the outage so I wasn't greatly affected. The only adverse effects of the outage were that I canceled my credit card that was hooked up to the PSN which I needed to do anyway and lost a couple of days of internet gaming with my brother.

What I would really like to see from Sony is an admission that their launch systems' blu-ray drives are inherently defective as even my replacement drive is beginning to die on me and I know this problem has happened to a lot of other people as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I was bored and in the same strip mall as a Gamestop so I went in. I noticed they had a bunch of download codes for PS3 games on their wall. Of course two of them were Wipeout HD and Super Stardust HD. I wonder if Sony is doing anything for these guys since they're making those download codes worthless.