IGNORED

7800 Coding

Jetboot Jack

Ok - I had some bad experiences with the 7800 back in 1987, Atari Uk provided poor support (almost no docs, broken hardware etc etc) so the team I was with went back to the 8bit and ignored the 7800, which was quickly killed off by Atari in the Uk anyway...

So I thought I might get back into the 7800 - having played a few games recently like Double Dragon, it seems to have lots of potential in a simple NES kinda way...

I'm using XASM and Code genie to do 8bit stuff right now, what is a good set of tools for the 7800, and where do I find documentation? What's a good starting point for a 7800 wannabe?

Who is coding for the beast?

sTeVE

steve, suprisingly it's me as well doing some a7800 stuff...

it takes you longer because coming from 8bit & amiga you think of display lists, gfx modes etc... but the 24 colors at one time is awsome and the damned beast is really simple to master... rasterlines are 256 bytes... so what else do you need? ;)

http://www.s-direktnet.de/homepages/k_nadj/a7800.html

unfortunatly i use Dan's Tools and Mess or his emulator to test stuff... assembler is DASM... i would like to use XASM but Fox has no 7800 features build in... it would be good if it could assemble straight forward ROMs...

hve