IGNORED

Would you trade?

I have an 80g non backwards compatible ps3 in good working order. I have the chance to trade for an original 80g with backwards compatibility for ps2. I've checked the serial numbers. The only problem with the bc ps3 is there is no composite video output but does have s video out. I only have a standard tv. I've looked on the net and can't find anything about this problem. I've switched cables, doesn't help. Ive tested the bc one and except for the problem mentioned, it seems to work fine. Anyone have an opinion or suggestion on this. I'm leaning towards trading him. Any thoughts would help,thanks.

So the BC PS3 won't work correctly with something like this? Was the PS3 being used with an HDTV before you tried hooking it up to your old tv? If that's the case you may need to simply reset the console to it's default so it'll show on the older screen.

http://www.portfolioofpb.com/blog/ps3-blank-screen-switch-inputs-hdmi-to-composite-to-hdmi

I have an 80g non backwards compatible ps3 in good working order.

I'll stop you right there.

I may have same option (trade), but I don't think I will bother. If what you have is already in good working order, I'm not sure if trading it in for a system that has an older optical drive and has crappy software BC would be worth it to you. I'd say pick up a PS2 slim on the cheap

Edited by cybercylon