IGNORED

PSP games heading to PS3

cimerians

This is good news:

http://kotaku.com/5804342/psp-games-coming-to-ps3-with-hd-visuals-extra-content

As soon as Sony figures out how to do networking and security maybe we will see these at some point. Hopefully though they are released as physical copies.

I would love to see the following converted to PS3:

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Valkyria Chronicles 2

God of War games

Jeanne D'arc

Phantasy Star Portable 2

Interested but not super psyched. I remember when they ported Liberty City Stories over to the PS2 and the game just looked awful because they didn't clean anything up at all. Supposed to have HD visuals which may make it worth it. I don't mind the PSP's graphics, as long as they up the resolution for the PS3.

Not super excited about the game list though, that's mostly old stuff or stuff that doesn't really need to be on console. Still, Jeanne D'arc is pretty good, so any opportunity for it to be purchased is good.

This is good news:

http://kotaku.com/5804342/psp-games-coming-to-ps3-with-hd-visuals-extra-content

As soon as Sony figures out how to do networking and security maybe we will see these at some point. Hopefully though they are released as physical copies.

I would love to see the following converted to PS3:

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Valkyria Chronicles 2

God of War games

Jeanne D'arc

Phantasy Star Portable 2

good list of games.

More games is always a good thing to hear, but I'm not sure I like the idea of them being ported/"remade" over the concept of being able to run content that I've already purchased for another system. I assume that there is a legitimate technical reason that only 'minis' can be played on both systems though, or we would have been able to play straight psp games some time ago.

Thankfully it sounds like they will be physical copies.

Got some more info here:

"Remasters will be PSP titles customized for PS3, released on Blu ray discs. Expect high-definition graphics, full DualShock 3 control support and even the possibility of 3D visuals. You'll be able to use your PSP game saves on these ports, and ad hoc play will be supported through the PS3's ad hoc party feature."

http://www.destructoid.com/psp-remaster-title-series-coming-to-ps3-201804.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Destructoid+%28Destructoid%29

Thankfully I dont own many PSP games and 4 of the titles I mentioned I dont have at all.

This is also cool for those that never wanted a PSP but own a PS3 and want some of those PSP games.

Sony says some of them will also be coming as downloads (I would assume if get that Monster Hunter game that it would be a prime candidate for a download only release, for example). And a God of War collection is all but confirmed now after several weeks of rumors.

I hope Namco does their two Ace Combat games. Those screamed out for console ports.

I'm pretty sure Capcom has stated that Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins lost money the first time around. Kind of hard to imagine them giving it the HD treatment. I imagine this program will largely be limited to the biggest selling games on the platform.

Edited by Atariboy

• 1 month later...

as if there wasnt enough cheating with the mulitplayer games already. Now I get to fight against someone with a real analog stick?

Seriously though, has anyone played medal of honor heroes latley? wtf....

Edited by Skarrj

as if there wasnt enough cheating with the mulitplayer games already. Now I get to fight against someone with a real analog stick?

These are PS3 games. The only thing compatible between the PSP and PS3 version of a game is going to be the save.

• 2 weeks later...

And that means it will suck? I dont think so.

And that means it will suck? I dont think so.

No, I wasn't implying that. I'm just remarking on how they claim to do all these great things like tripling polygon counts and quadrupling texture quality yet it still looks like a PS2 game.