IGNORED

ladybugged

walter_J64bit

If there was some big news that's probably where you'd find it, but for just keeping up to date it's probably best to keep an eye on the Yaronet thread.

It was shown at AC2011 & level designing/testing was taking place there on a dedicated machine for at least some of the time. You could look at the few AC2011 reports and videos, you might catch a few piece of news in those.

why not doing it the other way? newer game on classic console ^^ Oblivion on Jaguar, that would be awesome :lol:

ah, we already have Halo 2600 ^^

Something like the A8 diablo? Could be done but you'll get the usual 64-bit powa thingy plus it would be a complete downgrade since my 7 y.o. pc emulates the Jaguar and PSX effortlessly while it won't even touch oblivion. What you can do is be inspired by a game theme (story games are good for this) and build your own game (like the a8 diablo), but why not make fun original games if you are going that way? In sort, updating older games works, the reverse doesn't or at least most of the times. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Update! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ladybug is now Ladybugged

The game was on free play during AC 2011 in France ( forum : http://www.yaronet.com/sujets.php?f=801&s=9 )

Matmook the coder ( chief project ) is very busy for the moment ! ( family ; job ; etc. )

if you want to know how is finish : graphs 95% ; code 90% ; levels 20% ; betatesting 0% ...

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The cartridge release is guarantee but what happend to the game? i need matmook's mail to contact him to see what's the hold up.

That's awesome! Another thing you seem to know all about! Thank you for contacting Matmook! Whatever would we have done before you arrived? Thank god you are here now to sort all this out for us!

• Like 2

Remember to use the wayback machine and set it for 2011 when contacting matmook - that's when the last update on the game was.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ladybugged.queenmeka.com/

UPDATE: Actually, sometimes it is hard to tell if a project is permanently stalled. I remember an up-and-coming sega genesis BASIC compiler that was announced and had a forum. After a few months no new information came out. Forums are still open today. My big clue was that the guy had continued on other projects. I guess KidGameR186496 could to a little research and see if the guy is doing other things. If that's the case then I really, really wouldn't expect further progress.

Hello guys,

CJ tell me there was some questions here on me and Ladybugged and here are some answers :

- Ladybugged is not dead and will -for sure- be release one day (Time/motivation needed... but game is about 80-90% finished) :)

- Hopefuly I have a lot of others projects like my family and a very interesting but time consuming job, friends IRL, some interest on Lynx/Nes/ (too many old computers to list here...) coding, astrophotography, electronic stuffs (on 80's computers, ...), ... project++ everydays :D

Please do not contact me to ask what I'm doing on Ladybugged and why it is not already released, only time know that... :)

• Like 8

Hello guys,

CJ tell me there was some questions here on me and Ladybugged and here are some answers :

- Ladybugged is not dead and will -for sure- be release one day (Time/motivation needed... but game is about 80-90% finished) :)

- Hopefuly I have a lot of others projects like my family and a very interesting but time consuming job, friends IRL, some interest on Lynx/Nes/ (too many old computers to list here...) coding, astrophotography, electronic stuffs (on 80's computers, ...), ... project++ everydays :D

Please do not contact me to ask what I'm doing on Ladybugged and why it is not already released, only time know that... :)

Well,thanks at least for the update on the game :)

That was pretty quick! I'm starting to remember: matmook had some sort of scripting system long before raptor BASIC. He was kind enough to answer my questions when he clearly had lots of other stuff to do. Looks like he's still awesome!

He's not using rB+.

He's using the API.

• Like 2