IGNORED

ladybugged

walter_J64bit

Guys, he already said it'll come out when it comes out. I don't think telling him that you'll buy a copy is going to make any difference. Now we're talking about publicizing a non-existent kickstarter for an unfinished game where the developer literally just told us he has no formal timeline? The fumes are stronger than ever.

• Like 3

Guys, he already said it'll come out when it comes out. I don't think telling him that you'll buy a copy is going to make any difference. Now we're talking about publicizing a non-existent kickstarter for an unfinished game where the developer literally just told us he has no formal timeline? The fumes are stronger than ever.

Not asking for a pre-order or anything. Just stating that I don't ask for freebies. That's actually a thing for "reviewers" and "journalists" these days. Neither of which I am. I'm just a developer and gamer who occasionally writes.

UPDATE: Oh, oops! Not talking about me. *ducks*

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! Just know that if you do complete this, there's about 100-200 carts you can unload easy to the people on this forum. I'm in for a few.

Really? Based on what? 200 is an exceptional number of sales for a Jaguar game. Or are you planning on buying 100 copies yourself?

• Like 4

Really? Based on what? 200 is an exceptional number of sales for a Jaguar game. Or are you planning on buying 100 copies yourself?

Based on fume logic; it's similar to fuzzy logic, but instead of being based on degrees of truth it's based on strength of fumes. This is a far less severe case than the guy last year who was speculating that Minter could make several hundred thousand dollars by making a new Jag game.

• Like 2

I like the spritework I've seen on this. Very rich in color. Was this on another plaform originally or is this an original creation for the Jag?

I assume based on the title and style of game that it's based on the arcade and Colecovision game Lady Bug: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Bug_(video_game)

Confirmed by this video:

It's a good pac-man close if you ask me.

In some ways, it's a much deeper and better game.

There's a lot of strategy that goes into opening and closing the gates, or tricking the enemies into stumbling into a poison skull.

Atariage has a superb version of Ladybug available right here for the 2600, and there are decent versions for the Coleco and Intellivision.

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=829

Edited by ls650
  • Like 1

In some ways, it's a much deeper and better game.

There's a lot of strategy that goes into opening and closing the gates, or tricking the enemies into stumbling into a poison skull.

Atariage has a superb version of Ladybug available right here for the 2600, and there are decent versions for the Coleco and Intellivision.

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=829

Couldn't agree more with you,but sadly it's a underrated gem nowdays which is too bad.

I would also argue it's not a Pac Man clone. Clean Sweep on the Vectrex or more famously KC Munchkin on the O^2, those are Pac Man clones. It's a maze chase game, but as mentioned deeper gameplay. The 2600 looks pretty great considering the hardware it's on, though the Coleco is probably the go-to home version.

• Like 2

I would also argue it's not a Pac Man clone. Clean Sweep on the Vectrex or more famously KC Munchkin on the O^2, those are Pac Man clones. It's a maze chase game, but as mentioned deeper gameplay. The 2600 looks pretty great considering the hardware it's on, though the Coleco is probably the go-to home version.

Never thought of saying this but i agree on what you said.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...