IGNORED

Army of Darkness (Atari 2600)

Army Of Darkness (Atari 2600)

post-3832-0-02135400-1306785538_thumb.jpg

My name is Ash. Close as I can figure it the year is 1300 AD. It wasn't always like this... I had a real life, once.

I had a wonderful girlfriend, Linda. Together we drove to a small cabin in the mountains. It seems an archaeologist had come to this remote place to translate and study his latest find: Necronomicon ex Mortis, the Book of the Dead. Bound in human flesh and inked in blood, this ancient Sumarrian text contained bizarre burial rites, funerary incantations and demon resurrection passages. It was never meant for the world of the living. The book awoke something dark in the woods. It took Linda, and then it came, for me. It got into my hand and it went bad, so I lopped it off at the wrist. But that didn't stop it. It came back. Big time.

For God's sake! How do you stop it?!

BRUCE CAMPBELL

VS.

ARMY OF DARKNESS

They're coming! The Deadites approach!

There's so damn many of them. Maybe... just maybe my boys can stop them from gettin' the book. Yeah, maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

post-3832-0-40786600-1306785504_thumb.png post-3832-0-88255800-1306785512_thumb.png

Army of Darkness is a new Atari 2600 game based on the Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3) movie starring Bruce Campbell. You are Ash (Bruce Campbell) sent back in time to protect the Necronomicon and keep it from falling into the hands of the Deadite Army. In a Castle under siege by Deadites you are the last line of defense. The castle gates have fallen and you must keep the Deadites from crossing the drawbridge and entering the keep. Let one Deadites get by and it's Game Over, For Everyone!

Army of Darkness is a shooting game. Blast away at the Deadites as they cross the drawbridge. The Deadites will attack in different formations and speeds. Levels are broken up by Bosses who take multiple hits so watch out for Evil Ash and a Giant Skeleton.

Game features DIGITIZED VOICE! At the beginning of each game Bruce Campbell says,

" Hail to the King Baby ".

Army of Darkness was made by sc07 to be signed by Bruce Campbell, Ted Raimi and Timothy Quill at the Spooky Empire Event May 27-29, 2011 in Orlando, Florida USA. The label was designed with black space to allow the autographs to be clear. This is an original game designed for the Atari 2600 and will play just like one of the original games for the system. There are no plans to release this game at this time, But you can check out BiFrost which the Army of Darkness game was based on.

Here are photos of the carts being signed.

post-3832-0-88910500-1306785351_thumb.png post-3832-0-07388500-1306785357_thumb.jpg post-3832-0-64497300-1306785362_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-63034200-1306785381_thumb.png post-3832-0-96988800-1306785386_thumb.jpg post-3832-0-01314600-1306785393_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-28866600-1306785401_thumb.png post-3832-0-80327100-1306785406_thumb.jpg post-3832-0-67800200-1306785413_thumb.jpg post-3832-0-24927400-1306785431_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-37054300-1306785440_thumb.png post-3832-0-86761600-1306785445_thumb.jpg post-3832-0-72233200-1306785453_thumb.jpg

You can see more photos from the show and the Girls of May-Hem here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/182672-may-hem-2011/

post-3832-0-41251100-1306785333_thumb.jpg

Edited by neotokeo2001

Very nice! Too bad it won't be released. Looks like a cool game.

I would love to have a release of this game. I can see the box now, The Necronomicon. And it is probably workable to have a copy of the movie included. It is up to s0c7 whether or not to release it. Request for the game can't hurt.

Very nice! Too bad it won't be released. Looks like a cool game.

I would love to have a release of this game. I can see the box now, The Necronomicon. And it is probably workable to have a copy of the movie included. It is up to s0c7 whether or not to release it. Request for the game can't hurt.

Well, consider this an official request. :)

That's cool and all, but if you are not going to release it, flaunting out there like this is kind of mean. I assume there are copyright reasons preventing it from release yes?

The programmer s0c7 agreed only to have the Autograph cartridges made at this time. It is up to him whether or not to allow a general release. Phantasm also started out as an autograph only cartridge but went on to have a release. Elvira which was also an autograph cartridge will finally get released in October. Let it be known that a release is wanted and the odds are good that something will happen. I have never run into a copyright problem with these games. I have met and talked to several of the creators and copyright holders of several of my games and they view these as Fan Made games and have no interest in stopping them. They could be considered not for profit releases also since I usually lose money on each release. Even on a limited edition release the programmers can make at least a few hundred dollars on a royalty per cartridge basis.

That being said, Any programmers interested in making games can see the preliminary guest list here for the October show. Killer Klowns from Outer Space anyone?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/182685-programmers-please-read/page__pid__2290976#entry2290976

Hell Id buy one of these in a second! A game based off one of my ALL time favorite movies!:lust:

Not to mention Im a HUGE Bruce fan.

If it comes available in any form sign me up for at least 1!:D

Edited by nonner242

For those of you who just want to play the game and missed s0c7's earlier work, check it out here.

post-9364-0-22989600-1306812701_thumb.png

Looks like neotokeo2001's wish came true. :)

If the ROM for Army of Darkness isn't released, you can still get your kicks with bifrost and could easily do a graphic hack. Although, it would be absolutely too awesome to hear "Hail to the King, baby!" instead of "Prepare for Battle!".

As a huge Bruce Campbell fan myself, I'd be very tempted to buy a copy of this if the price weren't too high. However, limited releases are typically more than I care to spend, due in part to a box which I have absolutely no use for.

That's cool and all, but if you are not going to release it, flaunting out there like this is kind of mean. I assume there are copyright reasons preventing it from release yes?

The programmer s0c7 agreed only to have the Autograph cartridges made at this time. It is up to him whether or not to allow a general release. Phantasm also started out as an autograph only cartridge but went on to have a release. Elvira which was also an autograph cartridge will finally get released in October. Let it be known that a release is wanted and the odds are good that something will happen. I have never run into a copyright problem with these games. I have met and talked to several of the creators and copyright holders of several of my games and they view these as Fan Made games and have no interest in stopping them. They could be considered not for profit releases also since I usually lose money on each release. Even on a limited edition release the programmers can make at least a few hundred dollars on a royalty per cartridge basis.

That being said, Any programmers interested in making games can see the preliminary guest list here for the October show. Killer Klowns from Outer Space anyone?

http://www.atariage....76#entry2290976

That's cool. I just remember that Futurama hack that was killed years ago by copyright C&D, figured this was the same deal.:thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I've been away for a while. I'm somewhat dismayed to see what is going on over in the marketplace forum regarding this. Neo has always been a stand up guy in my dealings with him.

There's not a lot I can do for those who didn't get a cart. All I got out of the deal was the Bruce Campbell autographed cart. I can however post the rom. This is not what he put out on cart (so those who bought one stil have something unique). This is what I gave him to hack (some things already changed to make it easier). So no fancy title screen, etc.

I'm only doing this because of the circumstances and it will not be up for long. So if you want it, get it now. I also ask that you do not sell it or even make a personal cart of it. Emulation and Krok/Harmony are fine. From my perspective, this is just a hack of one of my games.

EDIT: The Necronomicon has closed forever. Hope you grabbed the rom while you could.

Edited by s0c7
  • Like 3

There are only two people that haven't received the game yet. Corby and gambler172 , Who I mailed replacements to last week. I don't check in here as often as I did in the past. I really had problems with the postal service on international deliveries with Army of Darkness. Five copies that were sent outside the USA did not show up. I don't use tracking on international orders due to the cost but have never had a package go missing before. This is the first time that I have had to use my personal copies of the game to cover a missing one. I usually keep one of each version but I now am missing three of the four Premium Art boxes that were made.

I am working on a new game now but don't even know if it will be offered for sale. I am footing the cost for the game and it will probably only be available to people involved with making it. If it does go for sale it will be USA and Canada only for the tracking that I can use at a reasonable price. No more International orders.

post-3832-0-63315400-1364252579_thumb.jpg

Hi Scott

No international orders :( ?

This is the first time,a package from you got lost.And never a package from me got lost on its way to USA.

You can also ship a package with tracking service to germany.It will be only much more expensive.But i never cared about shipping costs.

greetings Walter