IGNORED

Your most difficult Achievments

Skarrj

Not sure if this has been a topic before

What achievments were your hardest to obtain?

Mine are Headchomper from Alien Hominid and Little Rocketman from Halflife 2. Headchomper took me about 3 hours straight or precision jumping. Carrying that stupid gnome in halflife sounds easier than it really is, little bastard never would stay in the vehicle. I had to launch him accross the map with the gravity gun then hope I could find him on the other side.

I think the most difficult achievement in modern consoles was having to buy a 3rd Xbox 360, after two consecutive RROD's. That was an achievement in stupidity on my part...

I'm still glad I went for that achievement, rather than the alternative PS3 option : The "oh my god...hackers cleaned out my bank account" achievement! That one sounds a bit more frustrating...but only a bit!

icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm still glad I went for that achievement, rather than the alternative PS3 option : The "oh my god...hackers cleaned out my bank account" achievement! That one sounds a bit more frustrating...but only a bit!

Your achievement was cheaper at least.

Your achievement was cheaper at least.

I guess that would depend on what you have in your bank account! icon_mrgreen.gif

Most difficult to obtain?

That's a tough one, if only because I've been snagging achievements for 5 years now and can't remember them all. Also a lot of achievements are extremely time consuming but I don't know if that is considered hard.

For instance. I have the Zombie Genocide achievement (kill 53,000 zombies) in Dead Rising, and it took many hours to get, but wasn't particularly hard. (Except maybe on my ass for sitting so long)

Other hard ones I've gotten are achievements in Rumble Roses. That game is a bitch to get achievements on from what I remember. I have like half of them.

My top two i'm post proud of:

Burnout Paradise:

Criterion Elite achievement 20points

Get your Elite License, win every event, find all discoverables and beat every Road Rule!

It took me over a year of playing to get this one!

Halo:Reach

If They Came To Hear Me Beg 25points

Performed an Assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would've been fatal.

It took me forever to get this one. I tried every night for 20 minutes before i went in

matchmaking games. It's in my file share in reach if anyonewants to see it. :D

I did get 200/200 in pacman champ edition dx.. but that was fun.. and preatty easy...

ohh i'm still woring on Reach's:A Monument To All Your Sins achievement. only 3 and a half

levels left till i get it....

-rick

After around 16,000G I can pick out the ones that took me forever. Leaving out the ones that are just plain tedious:

Left 4 Dead

Cr0wned -

Kill the witch with one single shot.

I spent FOREVER trying to get this, she just wouldn't die!

Call of Duty 4

Mile High Club

Complete the epilogue on veteran difficulty.

I think I spent around 3 days on this. I literally got it on what I decided to be my last try.

Gears of War

Commando

Complete all acts on insane difficulty.

The fourth chapter is the only reason this wasn't an easy achievement. We must have spent 4-5 days on that chapter alone.

Completing CoD2 on veteran was pretty tough. Also, I got through 3 of 4 chapters in Gears on Insane. Then a friend came over to play some coop. Next time I loaded the game up I found that the coop game blew away my progress on insane. I was pretty pissed and decided I wasn't interested in trying again.

My top two i'm post proud of:

Burnout Paradise:

Criterion Elite achievement 20points

Get your Elite License, win every event, find all discoverables and beat every Road Rule!

It took me over a year of playing to get this one!

Halo:Reach

If They Came To Hear Me Beg 25points

Performed an Assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would've been fatal.

It took me forever to get this one. I tried every night for 20 minutes before i went in

matchmaking games. It's in my file share in reach if anyonewants to see it. :D

I did get 200/200 in pacman champ edition dx.. but that was fun.. and preatty easy...

ohh i'm still woring on Reach's:A Monument To All Your Sins achievement. only 3 and a half

levels left till i get it....

-rick

That Reach Acheivement was seriously broken. I must have landed a couple hundred succesful assasination until that thing finally registered.

Left 4 Dead 2

------------

Gaurdin Gnome (Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival)

this one was hard for me. First i had to win him then i had to carry his ass the whole way. Not to mention how many times he had to get chucked so i could fight off the infected. Lost track of him a couple times especially when running the tracks of the Screaming Oak.

Left 4 Dead 2

------------

Gaurdin Gnome (Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival)

this one was hard for me. First i had to win him then i had to carry his ass the whole way. Not to mention how many times he had to get chucked so i could fight off the infected. Lost track of him a couple times especially when running the tracks of the Screaming Oak.

I kept losing him in the stadium, explosions would send him flying into nothingness and Id have to restart the level.

I kept losing him in the stadium, explosions would send him flying into nothingness and Id have to restart the level.

I think I got this one, as well as the one in Half Life 2 where you had to launch the gnome at the end of the game, which ment you had to carry him the whole way. Not an easy feat especially since you couldn't actually hold him while driving a vehicle.

I think I got this one, as well as the one in Half Life 2 where you had to launch the gnome at the end of the game, which ment you had to carry him the whole way. Not an easy feat especially since you couldn't actually hold him while driving a vehicle.

I just kept trying to jam him into the rear window...sometimes he would stay in for a while. He absolutely would not stay in the back seat

I just kept trying to jam him into the rear window...sometimes he would stay in for a while. He absolutely would not stay in the back seat

Heh exactly! He wouldn't stay long anywhere in that buggy. I had to keep getting out and picking him up! Crazy achievement, but kinda fun.

I gotta tell you(but you probably already know) I have had a hard time with the L4D2 achievements mainly cuz im playing solo and one of the AI teammates always screws it up for me....lol. For example....the one where you have to throw a molotov at a clown leading 10 infected(or is it 15?) I get ready to throw and wouldnt you know.....my AI teammates start shooting from afar before i can even get my throw off. :x

We all gotta get together and knock this out.

mainly cuz im playing solo and one of the AI teammates always screws it up for me...

Sometimes it's better to just take out your AI members to snag achievements. That's right, kill em all!!

I can remember having to do this in particular on the BRIDGE OVER TREBLED SLAUGHTER achievements. Mainly because it's impossible to get otherwise. Poor AI team mates.

I gotta tell you(but you probably already know) I have had a hard time with the L4D2 achievements mainly cuz im playing solo and one of the AI teammates always screws it up for me....lol. For example....the one where you have to throw a molotov at a clown leading 10 infected(or is it 15?) I get ready to throw and wouldnt you know.....my AI teammates start shooting from afar before i can even get my throw off. :x

Yo, Im down for some LFD2 boosting. I still need that f'n bridge achievment. Even after I kill off my teammates I still get jacked up crossing the bridge, usually by the fleaman zombie (jockey)

Yo, Im down for some LFD2 boosting. I still need that f'n bridge achievment. Even after I kill off my teammates I still get jacked up crossing the bridge, usually by the fleaman zombie (jockey)

send me a friend request........we'll get you across that bridge!!! :thumbsup:

S Ranking all levels in Vampire Rain was near impossible.

Mile High Club was pretty difficult in CoD4.

Yea, I have not been able to get the mile high club achievement yet.

Never reload, just keep picking up guns. More often than not you'll pick up guns with no ammo and get annihilated, but all you need is one successful run.