IGNORED

How much fun can you have with a square and two lines?

SlowCoder

... apparently, quite a bit!

We received our new Pong Sports IV yesterday. I hooked it up to check it out. It requires 2 players (apparently no AI :(), so I recruited my 9 year old son to help. Reluctantly, he agreed. We played a few games, tested the controllers and all the game variations.

He helped me disassemble and clean the console and controllers, then we put it all back together and tested everything again.

Overall, we probably played a good 1:30 last night, and after that, my son said "I never knew you could have so much fun playing with a square and two lines!" :D * heart melts *

So far he has asked me 3 times this morning to play Pong.

------

I like this console. The rainbow screen is quite beautiful. My son says he wants to play the older B/W version, a version of which is coming, if it works. :)

The only things I'd change about this console:

1. Volume control on the speaker. It's not terribly loud, but the constant bounce noise really hits the nerves after a while. That'll be a simple operation for me, as I will just get a potentiometer inline with the speaker and run it into the battery compartment, Completely reversible mod.

2. Would be nice to have a beginner/pro setting to change the paddle sizes. Not so much that we'd use it, but it's a classic Pong option.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, it's been proven that two lines ane a ball are great fun. Only this time it was 4 lines. My sister and her boyfriend were at the house yesterday. He had asked about my Ataris, so I decided to bring out the Sears Pong IV. We played a couple of best out of 3 matches before they took my son to swim. When they got back we hit Pong another couple of matches. We had a blast, and the competition was great.

• Like 1

Once again, it's been proven that two lines ane a ball are great fun. Only this time it was 4 lines. My sister and her boyfriend were at the house yesterday. He had asked about my Ataris, so I decided to bring out the Sears Pong IV. We played a couple of best out of 3 matches before they took my son to swim. When they got back we hit Pong another couple of matches. We had a blast, and the competition was great.

I have the same Pong IV, but haven't had it out in a while. I do love a good game of pong, but have a hard time finding opponents. It's good to hear that your son is into it though.