IGNORED

Flashback 3 at E3? Is it real?

You can buy one here:

http://www.creativemindinteractive.com/prod/922/Atari_Flashback_3

Anyone want to trade me one for a heavy sixer?

Also the controllers look fatter on the bottom than the top, and like they have an extra button on the side. The bottom of the system looks different too, as you can see in the link to buy it.

Edited by flammingcowz

You can buy one here:

http://www.creativemindinteractive.com/prod/922/Atari_Flashback_3

Anyone want to trade me one for a heavy sixer?

Also the controllers look fatter on the bottom than the top, and like they have an extra button on the side. The bottom of the system looks different too, as you can see in the link to buy it.

Box pic is a render and there are misspellings in the description, seems odd.

They're not real, more flaky Asian knockoffs.

That was my first instinct when I saw the pics -- "Does not look quality enough for Curt & Marty to be involved!"

It's a shame that it's gone this far that the knock-offs are now becoming more and more prolific.... :|

They're not real, more flaky Asian knockoffs.

That was my first instinct when I saw the pics -- "Does not look quality enough for Curt & Marty to be involved!"

It's a shame that it's gone this far that the knock-offs are now becoming more and more prolific.... :|

What's even more astounding is that these guys are trying to show it off at E3 when Atari has a booth there. Ripping off Atari's logo, ripping off games they don't have licensing to, etc., etc.,

Edited by wgungfu

That is pretty ridiculous, I do have to say. Is Atari aware of it? Time for some heavy lawyering!

They are now. I wouldn't be surprised if those aren't on the floor or that company's website much longer. I honestly think it's just the box at this point anyways, there's no actual console being shown off there from the pics and the console on the box is just our FB2 image with some weird knockoff sticks photoshoped in front.

And Basic Programming appearing in the list is a dead giveaway. The required keyboard controllers won't work with our AOAC because of the voltage difference.

Edited by wgungfu

I just showed my wife the pics and that's the first thing she said -- "That's just that Flashback 2 thing you own on the box!" Pretty ballsy for someone to do that right under Atari's noses. Looks like it would be (granted, it's just conceptual at this phase) just FB2 knockoff hardware with SD card support involved, which means it's Asian piracy on several levels. Pretty crazy.

Its from the Pelican guys, just a Sunplus chip knock off.... same thing they did a few years back with their SD card handhelds... its also not a legally legit product, somebody is in a lot of trouble....

http://digthatbox.com/2011.06.05_arch.html#1307504691885

it says it comes with 60 games, saving games support, and a SD card port

• Like 1

I wish I could order one before they're taken off, but who knows if they even exist. A SD card port sounds like an amazing idea to me, but what could you do with save feature? How would it even work?

That's basically what gives it away as fake, that and Curt said so

I wish I could order one before they're taken off, but who knows if they even exist. A SD card port sounds like an amazing idea to me, but what could you do with save feature? How would it even work?

The Stella emulator can save your game state, The 'flashback 3' (quoted since it is probably not a legit product) probably works the same way.

Edited by roland p

Curt and Marty both said it, it's crap. Want something better? Get a decent looking cheaper 2600 console, send it to a modder here from Atariage and have them work it up for you. Those are community approved and are of much better quality (in the first place and then the mods are damn near bulletproof) so skip that POS and get better, aim higher.

• Like 1

It was more than just a box, I played the device at E3. The game menu was shifted halfway offscreen, but it did have a lot of games and I played Yars Revenge on it. The main thing that seemed suspicious to me was the entire menu system was different - no more categorizing games, just a number of pages of game titles in alphabetical order.