IGNORED

Dragons Crown

cimerians

Bumping this up as it just came out for free on PS Plus.

I played it a little bit and the game play is very much D&D Tower of Doom and the graphics are gorgeous but I think I've gotten a little, ahem, conservative over the years. Meeting that sorceress that repairs your weapons with her overly ample assets and near bed sheet clothing while posing in what looks to be provocative (does she always answer the door like that?) uh....yeah.....

Not saying I'm condemning the game due to the visuals but I do think when I see such things in media "why?" "Beyond grabbing attention, what's the point? Does it add to the experience?" And that goes for the fantasy steroid abusers as well like the dwarf and the Amazon.

I played it a little bit and the game play is very much D&D Tower of Doom and the graphics are gorgeous but I think I've gotten a little, ahem, conservative over the years. Meeting that sorceress that repairs your weapons with her overly ample assets and near bed sheet clothing while posing in what looks to be provocative (does she always answer the door like that?) uh....yeah.....

I feel the same way. That salacious art style is totally unnecessary in a video game. I'm not a 12-year-old boy anymore. Maybe their target audience is.

I think she's beautifully drawn - which is the whole point. Games typically don't come any sexier and since this is purposely over the top, just have fun with it!

No doubt the artwork is beautiful and I know it's over the top but it just crosses that threshold for me is all. It's kind of a similar reason I don't play the God of War games besides the game play that doesn't do anything for me-the violence. When I played a demo where you have to rip the head off of a god (quick time events so you have to do it) and you saw the skin, muscle and sinew rip and bones crack....I was kinda repulsed to be honest. This coming from a guy who likes horror flicks and action films. I think it's the act of doing it and the sheer brutality.

Will I play it more? I might at least past the first dungeon to see how it shapes up. I love hack 'em ups but at least a majority of the games allowed some level of combat modesty in the wardrobe department. And it makes sense unless the Amazon's chest acts as some sort of armor, +5 Mammalian Protuberances of Protection or something.

The artist drew inspiration from fantasy drawings like Frazetta. Its a whole other Conan the Barbarian type of genre so it will not normally appeal to civilized folk.

frazetta_a_princess_of_mars.jpg

Bah, I love it. Bring on the buxom valkyries and deep chested warriors in tales of swords, sorcery and women!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...