IGNORED

The Difference Between PS3 Controllers

thegamezmaster

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the controller that comes with the slim ps3 that just says sixaxis and feels lighter than the ps3 controllers that have dualshock3 and sixaxis on them and are heavier? Do they both have the rumble feature or any differences besides weight? I looked around and couldn't find any info. Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the controller that comes with the slim ps3 that just says sixaxis and feels lighter than the ps3 controllers that have dualshock3 and sixaxis on them and are heavier? Do they both have the rumble feature or any differences besides weight? I looked around and couldn't find any info. Thanks.

Sixaxis feels lighter and cheaper. Dualshock 3 is heavier and has rumble.

I've read that the sixaxis lasts a bit longer because it doesnt have rumble but it doesnt matter....Dualshock 3 is better.

I've read that the sixaxis lasts a bit longer because it doesnt have rumble but it doesnt matter....Dualshock 3 is better.

I've also had a bad experience with sixaxis joysticks. They seem to break more easily, and start to lose their centering ability, kind of like the old N64 sticks. I haven't had this problem on DS3s, though.

I have 2 release sixaxis, no problem with them. Bought a dualshock 3 last year because i really misted the rumble function. The only downside of the sony controllers are the bad design of the l2 and r2. Bought a pair of these and man what an improvement.

ps3-controller-triggers-l2-r2-mods-pdp.jpg

1034406-a.jpg

Edited by Seob

Me too. I just picked up another DualShock 3 for use with my MacBook Pro. The triggers have a new design on them.

post-3056-0-17573400-1307846004_thumb.jpg

I guess I'm confused. My PS3 slim (holiday 2010) has a DS3 that does not look like the one in the thread. It has a convex L2/R2, not concave.

417G%2BNcALtL.jpg

Are people modifying their controllers to have concave buttons? Or are they older models?

Me too. I just picked up another DualShock 3 for use with my MacBook Pro. The triggers have a new design on them.

post-3056-0-17573400-1307846004_thumb.jpg

I guess I'm confused. My PS3 slim (holiday 2010) has a DS3 that does not look like the one in the thread. It has a convex L2/R2, not concave.

417G%2BNcALtL.jpg

Are people modifying their controllers to have concave buttons? Or are they older models?

He just worded it poorly. Those are 3rd party attachments. Sony hasn't changed the design of the triggers and that isn't a stock controller. What your controller shows is still the current Dual Shock 3 design and has been since day 1.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

I've also had a bad experience with sixaxis joysticks. They seem to break more easily, and start to lose their centering ability, kind of like the old N64 sticks. I haven't had this problem on DS3s, though.

I have a similar problem on two of my controllers also. Both left joysticks would stick and be stuck "up" when pushed on for a decent amount of time. I usually run into this problem when running around in Call of Duty or Resistance.

Where are you guys getting those controller clipons for the L2/R2 buttons? I would love to get some of those, I hate the current design.

Gamestop is where I get mine. They're very inexpensive, and I think I saw them in packs of 2 (4 total) last time I was there.