IGNORED

Master System HSC Season 2 Round 17: Captain Silver (USA)

4Ks

gfs_85733_1_1.jpg

You're Jack Avery, a lad with a taste for treasure and high adventure! In this hot Sega adventure you are fast on the trail of the most feared sea pirate's treasure, Captain Silver. It doesn't matter that he's dead. His ghost goes on haunting the treasure...and all who try to find it...with a bloodthirsty vengeance that has chased strong men to their graves! But you have no fear..or do you? With a tattered old treasure map in hand, you must track down the sea dog's golden hoard, battling creatures both from this world from beyond the grave! You'll start the game with your trusty cutlass and your wits. Fight well and you'll be able to increase the power to slow down the hands of time and make your self temporarily invisible. Wield your cutlass well and you'll face the ghost of the Captain himself...with a chance to own all his buried treasure. But fail in your quest, and who knows what spirits will haunt you?

Deadline for high scores is June 23, 2011. Start on the default difficulty, do not use continues.

Special note: If you only have the European version, the US ROM is available here.

Scoreboard:

Sonic R 82,100

roadrunner 74,800

zylon 34,100

4Ks 31,100

Hints & Tips:

None yet.

Current HSC Points

zylon 358

roadrunner 308!

Sonic R 106!

4Ks 76

feldhaus97 56

CRV 30

CebusCapucinis 26

patbb 22

JibbaJabba 22

thegoldenband 12

JacobZu7zu7 8

Edited by 4Ks

Ahoy matey! :ahoy:

I was doing good until i got to the first boss.

That's one big pirate. :pirate: grrrr!!!!

Ah, he's a pushover. ;)

BTW: that's not your score, thats the gold counter. You use that to buy upgrades and more time, etc. :) You would see your score after you beat that guy. So beat him badly. :twisted:

• Like 1

Ahoy matey! :ahoy:

I was doing good until i got to the first boss.

That's one big pirate. :pirate: grrrr!!!!

Ah, he's a pushover. ;)

BTW: that's not your score, thats the gold counter. You use that to buy upgrades and more time, etc. :) You would see your score after you beat that guy. So beat him badly. :twisted:

I didn't buy any power ups. I didn't want my gold counter to go down.

I'll try to give this one a few more goes.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FYI:

I think everyone is already doing so, but let's be playing the USA version - the European (South America?) PAL version actually contains 6 levels while the the USA NTSC version has only 4 levels.

the PAL version was actually contained on a larger size cart while SOA cheaped out and went with a smaller size cart so two stages were omitted…

FYI:

I think everyone is already doing so, but let's be playing the USA version - the European (South America?) PAL version actually contains 6 levels while the the USA NTSC version has only 4 levels.

the PAL version was actually contained on a larger size cart while SOA cheaped out and went with a smaller size cart so two stages were omitted…

I believe the Euro version is all I have currently unless I try on my emulator.

FYI:

I believe the Euro version is all I have currently unless I try on my emulator.

I may have to pull my score, as I would be at a disadvantage playing with fewer stages

Yep. I think both versions are the same at least to that point. :ponder:

The EU/JP one has extra enemies before that point, not to mention extra bosses like the witch in the first stage. I think most stages have an extra section, as well. So it's not quite the same.

Edited by BrianC