IGNORED

Master System HSC Season 2 Round 18: Ghouls n' Ghosts

4Ks

gfs_40061_2_1.jpg

The time is yesteryear, when knights scoured the countryside in search of the Holy Grail, defended the honor of fair maidens and fought a never-ending battle against rampant evil forces. Thrown into this mayhem is the courageous Sir Arthur. A victorious knight with the awesome task of penetrating the Demon's Castle to pulverize the Prince of Darkness. You'll travel through the Place of Execution, the Village of Decay, the Town of Fire and the Crystal Forest with an arsenal of weapons at your side. And when you're really down on your luck, magic fights might with powerful results. The only problem? You'll have to learn how to use it. Because their magic has the power to change you into a helpless duck, among other things. But there's not much time. Lives depend on you. So brandish your sword and make mincemeat of your foes.

Deadline for high scores is July 7, 2011. Start on the default difficulty level, do not use continues.

Scoreboard:

bigbee99 44,500

JibbaJabba 26,200

JacobZu7zu7 15,700

4Ks 13,100

zylon 10,300

roadrunner 5,200

Hints & Tips:

Either shoot them until they stop spinning, then kill them; or move forward and duck under them. They will stop spinning and look back at you. Then kill them. ~ zylon

Current HSC Points:

zylon 366

roadrunner 318

Sonic R 118

4Ks 82

feldhaus97 56

CRV 30

CebusCapucinis 26

patbb 22

JibbaJabba 22

thegoldenband 12

JacobZu7zu7 8

Edited by 4Ks

I'm playing the game on my Genny (with an Everdrive), and the slow-down is really bad. Is it something about the Everdrive or the fact that I'm not playing it on a Master System console, or is it just that bad? Too bad if it is, because this game makes Ghosts 'N Goblins on the NES look like crap. I'm a NES fan because it's what I grew up with, but the SMS has much better graphics.

Chris

I'm playing the game on my Genny (with an Everdrive), and the slow-down is really bad. Is it something about the Everdrive or the fact that I'm not playing it on a Master System console, or is it just that bad? Too bad if it is, because this game makes Ghosts 'N Goblins on the NES look like crap. I'm a NES fan because it's what I grew up with, but the SMS has much better graphics.

Chris

No, it's the game. Getting the boots that makes you faster makes it much more tolerable.

The twister creatures in level 2... don't get how to avoid them... :|

Either shoot them until they stop spinning, then kill them; or move forward and duck under them. They will stop spinning and look back at you. Then kill them. :)

• Like 1

2nd run. I'm not giving up yet so I'll get a pic up after I get a few improvements. I could not get past the sand. Next time I'll use fire so I can hit those diagonals.

GnG's were always hard but I was always attracted to them for some reason. Must be the challenge. Or maybe because it's one of the 1st games I remember sneaking into school to play on a C64. That and 4th and Inches! I've never played this one before but I like the Black Tiger twist to it with the "stores" and stuff

B

Run ended right at the beginning of 3-2. I forgot the guys hanging their tongue out would eat you. Oops. Also I discovered a trick with the "fire dog" at the end of would 2. The screen is always moving left to right dragging you into the boss sometimes. If you pause then unpause, this scrolling goes away. Found it out changing magic items on him. Nice little trick. There are a lot of points available in 3-1 too :)

B

post-29567-0-69084900-1309719167_thumb.jpg