IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

Major problem is not with enclosure , is about .....postage cost. I post lots of small items to UStates from UK and postage via Royal Mail is crazy, first class recorded is approx 7-8 pound. .So it's easy transfer 200 enclosures from Poland to UK in right price, but resend single enclosure be expensive.

You need a US Distributor :)

CFernan, i do mistake and i charge you as normal, sorry i try fix it.

Other news, Candle finish board in version 2.0 i order it in factory today , some cosmetic and few important changes, Added SDX off jumper and MENU button.

TIME line , boards and parts i expect on end of month,

Only 20 left.

...Well, well...

...It looks like the high-quality "arsenal" keeps getting better and better:

...Ultimate 1MB (which is truly the ultimate XL/XE RAM board), a fast, true-PBI HD (IDE Plus 2.0), then this unexpected/coming-out-of-nowhere SIDE CF-capable cart (which looks like a Godsend), followed by the ultra-high quality Nuke Drive re-loaded... and, to top-it-off, FujiX en-route...

...and all this for a 25+ years-old platform... Boy, these little, joy-packed machines are invincible.

Life's good. :)

F.

...Well, well...

...It looks like the high-quality "arsenal" keeps getting better and better:

...Ultimate 1MB (which is truly the ultimate XL/XE RAM board), a fast, true-PBI HD (IDE Plus 2.0), then this unexpected/coming-out-of-nowhere SIDE CF-capable cart (which looks like a Godsend), followed by the ultra-high quality Nuke Drive re-loaded... and, to top-it-off, FujiX en-route...

...and all this for a 25+ years-old platform... Boy, these little, joy-packed machines are invincible.

Life's good. :)

Hear, hear! I count my blessings that I came back to the Atari a couple of years ago... it's a great time to be here. :)

After trying to resist this, and coming back to the thread.....

Order placed and paid, 1 unit. (Did not see option to select quantity, btw)

Damn, NOW it's finally paid!

I got a rejection of my credit card, which has never been late and has almost nothing on it. Google Checkout then said I needed to update my credit card info. I checked it and re-entered it, and another rejection. I figured I'd screwed up with the edit, so I re-entered it, and then another rejection.

So I had to call and verify a bunch of information, after wading through the standard barrage of robo-menus to get to a real person after holding several minutes. They thought there was some fraud, or something.

Now it appears to have went through no problem. I just ordered a "Powerpak" for NES so that must have set off a red flag with all this high-dollar internet purchase.

Has this been tested on a 400/800 yet?

Can I put my CF card in a reader on the PC and transfer files?

Anyone want to share shipping to Chicago, IL?

This is an ABSOLUTELY key question. I would LOVE to see my JayMiner-800 being able to pull something off from this gizmo-cart.

I offer my support for testing/reporting/analyzing for free, as long as needed to iron-out whatever kinks appear.

F.

Has this been tested on a 400/800 yet?

Yes. I understand it works, although obviously we have a high MEMLO to contend with, unless there's some expanded memory for SpartaDOS X to use.

Can I put my CF card in a reader on the PC and transfer files?

Right now, yes, since the partition table is currently 100 per cent compatible with Hias' LBA MyIDETool. If (when) the partition table changes, the PC toolset will have to change with it.

Does it physically fit in a 400/800?

I ask because I can't get my sic! Cart to fit in my 800 and I am guessing the side will use the same cart shell ?

Does this original 800 still have the RF shield and foam tape holding that shield in place? Most I've seen have fallen off by now. I suppose that might cost a little clearance if it is still there. I'd like to see something like this work on the old beige machines, too.

I ask because I can't get my sic! Cart to fit in my 800 and I am guessing the side will use the same cart shell ?

We'll have to wait for Zaxon or Candle to drop by for an answer to that one. I don't have an 800.

Will they fit in 1200XLs?

I have a 1200XL, but I don't yet have a cased SIDE, so again - I can't say.

Does this original 800 still have the RF shield and foam tape holding that shield in place? Most I've seen have fallen off by now. I suppose that might cost a little clearance if it is still there. I'd like to see something like this work on the old beige machines, too.

Sure it does, its me your talking too,