IGNORED

Sears Pinball/Breakaway

SlowCoder

I'm thinking about picking up a Sears Breakaway console. However, I've only found one available on eBay, and none on GameGavel. I've also been unable to find videos of them on YouTube. Just curious how common they are?

And what would be a good price?

Edited by SlowCoder

It is probably the most common sears pong unit. It is really fun. Just a rebranded Atari Video Pinball.

Really? It's the first I've seen it on ebay, but I see other Sears pong units all the time on there. Is it coveted?

No man. I am just going to assume that your sample size is too small. From your recent activity on here I am assuming you are just getting into these things. I have been looking for them on Ebay on and off for many years. Sears Pong Sports IV is right up there with Pinball/Breakaway in terms of how common it is. David Winter actually has Pong Sports IV listed as more common in his rarity guide, but neither of them are hard to find.

It is probably the most common sears pong unit. It is really fun. Just a rebranded Atari Video Pinball.

Really? It's the first I've seen it on ebay, but I see other Sears pong units all the time on there. Is it coveted?

No man. I am just going to assume that your sample size is too small. From your recent activity on here I am assuming you are just getting into these things. I have been looking for them on Ebay on and off for many years. Sears Pong Sports IV is right up there with Pinball/Breakaway in terms of how common it is. David Winter actually has Pong Sports IV listed as more common in his rarity guide, but neither of them are hard to find.

Then I shall keep looking. :) You're right ... I've only recently (last couple months) started jumping into these. I've got my APF TV Fun and Sears Pong IV, both of which I enjoy. I may eventually try to get an Atari Super Pong unit, but it's not high on my list. Breakaway is different (not pong), so I think that's next on the list.