IGNORED

New Moderator Coming Soon - Game Suggestions Wanted

Well, as per JacobZu7zu7's suggestion I will be starting the next ColecoVision HSC Season prior to Al changing me to moderator. Hoping to get moderator status soon.

Changes to the CV HSC are...

- HSC for each game will revert back to one game every two weeks. This is my personal preference so I get a chance to play at least once per game :roll: , plus I know one or two others who struggle to play every week.

- Scoring will remain as before.

- Difficulty selection will come into play more, i.e. I may up the ante by selecting higher difficulty levels.

NOW ANYONE WHO WILL BE PLAYING IN THE NEXT SEASON OF COLECOVISION HSC, can REQUEST 2 CV titles you would like to see in the next season, do so NOW. I will count and figure everything as soon as I'm ready to start, which will be sometime in July. Homebrew titles are encouraged.

If you have a difficulty selection in mind that's good too.

Get picking, and post 'em below....

Thanks.

P.S. Thanks to JacobZu7zu7 - most of the above text I stole from his 7800 HSC thread :D

hah, if it works don't break it ;)

Once every two weeks sounds okay... I just prefer 1 week due to fact I don't forget to change it or players

forget when the second week is up, plus I'm a fan of the 2600 club, but two weeks is working well for 5200, Intellivision clubs, so should be fine to remain that way for the CV.

My 2 pics

Venture

Lady Bug

Any setting is fine, just avoid the easiest ones.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Montezuma's Revenge

Super Cobra

Oh...I see a problem with homebrew titles...not everyone has them...

Well, as per JacobZu7zu7's suggestion I will be starting the next ColecoVision HSC Season prior to Al changing me to moderator. Hoping to get moderator status soon.

Changes to the CV HSC are...

- HSC for each game will revert back to one game every two weeks. This is my personal preference so I get a chance to play at least once per game :roll: , plus I know one or two others who struggle to play every week.

- Scoring will remain as before.

- Difficulty selection will come into play more, i.e. I may up the ante by selecting higher difficulty levels.

NOW ANYONE WHO WILL BE PLAYING IN THE NEXT SEASON OF COLECOVISION HSC, can REQUEST 2 CV titles you would like to see in the next season, do so NOW. I will count and figure everything as soon as I'm ready to start, which will be sometime in July. Homebrew titles are encouraged.

If you have a difficulty selection in mind that's good too.

Get picking, and post 'em below....

Thanks.

P.S. Thanks to JacobZu7zu7 - most of the above text I stole from his 7800 HSC thread :D

Edited by jblenkle

Mario Bros sold like gangbusters and is on the Colecovision SD so I would hope everyone has that one. I guess if people only use emulation then they wouldn't have it but then it will force them to buy a coleco ;)

We can always also do a post before we decide to do a homebrew and see home many people have it before we decide to play it.

We can always also do a post before we decide to do a homebrew and see home many people have it before we decide to play it.

That's a good idea. I will conduct a poll for any proposed homebrew games to ensure that the majority are able to play. I will also make sure homebrews are only included occasionally to ensure that if anyone is excluded due to non-ownership then this will not happen often.

War Games

BC's Quest for Tires

The last time we played War Games on skill level 3 (out of 8 ) and it was a little too easy. I suggest skill 4 or 5 for the next time.

Edited by ed1475

Thanks for all of the game suggestion - great list. I will post the Round 1 - Season 5 game and difficulty level tomorrow in readiness for the start on Saturday.

I am compiling a tracking spreadsheet and will also use this retrospectively to collate the Season 4 results. I will post these results once they are ready.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 2

I see the thread is pinned. Did you get your mod privileges Ikrananka?

Nope - I assume that MisterVCS did that. I PM'd Albert but have had no reply and have double-checked and I do not yet have mod privileges.

Yes, I did that. And if Ikrananka needs some help in the future - i am ready to help as a "co-mod".

BTW: Ikrananka is a good choice for the moderating-job - he is one of the HSC-veterans... Good luck!

Rejoice!!! I'm ready for battle...

Thanks for all of the game suggestion - great list. I will post the Round 1 - Season 5 game and difficulty level tomorrow in readiness for the start on Saturday.

I am compiling a tracking spreadsheet and will also use this retrospectively to collate the Season 4 results. I will post these results once they are ready.

If you choose Mr. Do's Castle, please add that point scrubbing is not allowed...this a BS way to get points IMO.

My Girlfriend has the Twingalaxies World Record in this game on the ColecoVision and has got over a 250,000 since posting that score and would not think of using a cheat like this.

Example

Edited by Yurkie

I'm not sure I'd call that cheating. You really are taking your own life into your hands when you try to do something like this. Those Unicorns start getting FAST and you're bound to screw up eventually. To me this is skill not cheating. Maybe it *is* against the spirit of the competition though.

Tempest

If you choose Mr. Do's Castle, please add that point scrubbing is not allowed...this a BS way to get points IMO.

My Girlfriend has the Twingalaxies World Record in this game on the ColecoVision and has got over a 250,000 since posting that score and would not think of using a cheat like this.

Example

Point taken - I think that suggesting that this is not in the spirit of the competition is the best we can do.

Currently working on getting the first game posted - and sorry but it isn't Mr. Do's Castle this round (but it may be soon :D )