IGNORED

Really ugly use of Atari stuff..

yuppicide

Looks like a creepy little delusional 10 year old kid made them.

The way you guys feel about this kind of thing is basically how I feel about stuff being added to the inside as well as the outside of an Atari 2600 because much like this instance, it changes the Atari into something that was not part of its original design, but maybe I should be saying the same thing that everyone here that praises and endorses mods has been saying to me.....you all say "Let he or she enjoy the Atari the way they want to and you enjoy it your way, maybe this guy enjoys doing this to an Atari, maybe it's his way of making his own Atari contribution, granted it makes me sick as well.....but maybe by the way THIS makes all of YOU feel, now you can finally see where I MYSELF am coming from.

The 2600 is no longer in production and supplies of OEM parts is dwindling down fast. What should be being done is looking at how the system was MADE and duplicating/reproducing the parts so all the systems OUT there could be preserved since the system has been out of production since about anywhere between 1991 and 1994, we should be looking into reproduction motherboards, Best Electronics is already making duplicate PCB's for the joysticks which bring them back to life beautifully and it used the original as a template so that's a step in the right direction.

Those of use with electronics and engineering backgrounds can do the same thing, look at the interior of the electronics, map out each part of the motherboard and create a schematic blueprint to re-create the entire motherboard, but instead of using the standard RCA jacks that were available at the time, substitute GOLD ones for better contact so this way the system is functioning as original but with better contact,

THINK of how this system turned into the ultimate bastardization...a 'pop art' (more like pop TART) sculpture makes all of YOU feel and then just maybe you won't be so quick to chastise ME for the way I believe because I am an Atari preservationist, restorationist, and PURIST, and I know there are a few others on here that believe as I do because I have seen the posts.

Oh and those of you who modify your systems should be HAPPY about what this guy did, after all he did modify his Atari into something else that was not part of its original design, he turned it into something it was not designed to be, did what he believed was right with a system that was rightfully his so realistically what's the real harm? Is that not what you all have been saying to me with every 'anti-mod' post I have put on these forums?

Touche!

Edited by RichG1972
  • Like 1

Touche!

Nope. A modified Atari 2600 can be played. That insane, unattractive mess seems to have rendered the Atari 2600 unplayable. Might as well smash it into pieces. It would at least look better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqpjXvYQcwc&rel=0&start=29

Edited by Random Terrain

POOR 2600! That person is crazy. I wish I could just buy them to save that innocent 2600. I normally wouldn't say this, but that persin is plain stupid, RUINING OLD GAMES. He/she's probably some youngster who's parents have given him/her some things to make whatever they want to make something out of. It pains to look at it!

Touche!

Nope. A modified Atari 2600 can be played. That insane, unattractive mess seems to have rendered the Atari 2600 unplayable. Might as well smash it into pieces. It would at least look better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqpjXvYQcwc&rel=0&start=29

I couldn't watch it. Right before he started, I turned it off. People who don't care!

• Like 1

Looks like a creepy little delusional 10 year old kid made them.

The way you guys feel about this kind of thing is basically how I feel about stuff being added to the inside as well as the outside of an Atari 2600 because much like this instance, it changes the Atari into something that was not part of its original design, but maybe I should be saying the same thing that everyone here that praises and endorses mods has been saying to me.....you all say "Let he or she enjoy the Atari the way they want to and you enjoy it your way, maybe this guy enjoys doing this to an Atari, maybe it's his way of making his own Atari contribution, granted it makes me sick as well.....but maybe by the way THIS makes all of YOU feel, now you can finally see where I MYSELF am coming from.

The 2600 is no longer in production and supplies of OEM parts is dwindling down fast. What should be being done is looking at how the system was MADE and duplicating/reproducing the parts so all the systems OUT there could be preserved since the system has been out of production since about anywhere between 1991 and 1994, we should be looking into reproduction motherboards, Best Electronics is already making duplicate PCB's for the joysticks which bring them back to life beautifully and it used the original as a template so that's a step in the right direction.

Those of use with electronics and engineering backgrounds can do the same thing, look at the interior of the electronics, map out each part of the motherboard and create a schematic blueprint to re-create the entire motherboard, but instead of using the standard RCA jacks that were available at the time, substitute GOLD ones for better contact so this way the system is functioning as original but with better contact,

THINK of how this system turned into the ultimate bastardization...a 'pop art' (more like pop TART) sculpture makes all of YOU feel and then just maybe you won't be so quick to chastise ME for the way I believe because I am an Atari preservationist, restorationist, and PURIST, and I know there are a few others on here that believe as I do because I have seen the posts.

Oh and those of you who modify your systems should be HAPPY about what this guy did, after all he did modify his Atari into something else that was not part of its original design, he turned it into something it was not designed to be, did what he believed was right with a system that was rightfully his so realistically what's the real harm? Is that not what you all have been saying to me with every 'anti-mod' post I have put on these forums?

Touche!

Do you cut and paste this stuff from some manifesto you have been writing for the last 30 years?

I couldn't care less for mods, but having to constantly see your spam all over this forum is making me want to go and mod the shit out of my system!

Edited by nofrills100
  • Like 10

Do you cut and paste this stuff from some manifesto you have been writing for the last 30 years?

I couldn't care less for mods, but having to constantly see your spam all over this forum is making me want to go and mod the shit out of my system!

Unfortunately RichG1972 wont stop his long winded ranting posts until everyone thinks exactly the same way as him.

It is a shame because he seems to know a lot about restoring consoles to their original condition. He just cant accept the fact that people can do what they want with their own consoles.

• Like 2

I'm going to "modify" a Sears light sixer this morning with a ball peen hammer and firecrackers.

I'm going to "modify" a Sears light sixer this morning with a ball peen hammer and firecrackers.

Just don't do it down south... don't want to start a wildfire.

*sigh* I realize art is a subjective medium but I can't understand how taking a bunch of junk and gluing it together could ever be construed as "art".

People turn junk into art all the time. Windmills made of scrap metal, furniture from old wood, painting an old barrel and tuning it into a planter, etc. But 5 minutes with your neighbor's trash and a hot glue gun to sell for a quick buck does not constitute art.

My mom is a true artist. She's done all kinds of artsie stuff. I told her she should sell some of her works, but she's not interested. She may take months to finish a single painting at the pace she enjoys. But to do it for sales would take something she loves to do and turn it into a job with deadlines.

When everybody who grew up with 2600s are dead in fifty years, who's going to care whether somebody added composite video to a heavy sixer? Nobody. As long as there are enough units to stuff in a couple of computing history museums, I'm sure the rest of humanity will be fine with emulation or units that have been modified to work on what will then be modern displays.

Good luck doing anything with a virgin VCS on 2050AD display technology that considers HDMI a relic.

Oh, and what the HELL does krylon paint or furbys have to do with Atari? I tried to see some sort of logic in his "art", like maybe he's trying to make a period piece, but nope. Nothing.

His mom is making him clear out all his old toys from the attic and he figured this would earn more than a garage sale. What other explanation could there be? Besides schizophrenia, I mean.

*sigh* I realize art is a subjective medium but I can't understand how taking a bunch of junk and gluing it together could ever be construed as "art".

People turn junk into art all the time. Windmills made of scrap metal, furniture from old wood, painting an old barrel and tuning it into a planter, etc. But 5 minutes with your neighbor's trash and a hot glue gun to sell for a quick buck does not constitute art.

My mom is a true artist. She's done all kinds of artsie stuff. I told her she should sell some of her works, but she's not interested. She may take months to finish a single painting at the pace she enjoys. But to do it for sales would take something she loves to do and turn it into a job with deadlines.

I used to do mods for people, and I will do on a special occasion... but this is the reason why I stopped. I like going at my own pace. :)