IGNORED

Really ugly use of Atari stuff..

yuppicide

Sorry for breaking into this heated debate, but I'm in the need of some enlightenment. WTF is a "melvin" (and why is it bad)?

Urban Dictionary to the rescue!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=melvin

A severely odd and uncool person.

A wimp or a tool.

Mom, why do I have to play in the marching band? All the band kids are frickin' Melvins.

it also at one point used to include epilepsy but I beat that back in 1980.

Really? How was that accomplished? This is a serious question. :?

In some cases epilepsy is caused at birth and in others caused by a trauma to the brain like in my case the ventricles being cut into by a surgical scalpel and a hole for insertion of a shunt being cut into the brain. When they cut the hole and put the shunt in when I was 3 days old, thats when the epileptic condition began so I was put on phenobarbital pills at 100 milligrams each when I was little it was 3 times a day and as I got older it was 1 pill before bed. Then on the evening of May 1st 1980 at roughly 8:45pm I had my final seizure. when I was 8 years old.

Apparently the area around the hole that was cut had healed up enough to repair the damage that was done, so that stopped the seizures. Then at age 21 I took my final phenobarbital pill because the seizures showed no signs of returning after the barrage of tests they did on me prior to weaning me off the pills, so basically I'm pretty much normalized now CPUWIZ

In some cases epilepsy is caused at birth and in others caused by a trauma to the brain like in my case the ventricles being cut into by a surgical scalpel and a hole for insertion of a shunt being cut into the brain. When they cut the hole and put the shunt in when I was 3 days old, thats when the epileptic condition began so I was put on phenobarbital pills at 100 milligrams each when I was little it was 3 times a day and as I got older it was 1 pill before bed. Then on the evening of May 1st 1980 at roughly 8:45pm I had my final seizure. when I was 8 years old.

Apparently the area around the hole that was cut had healed up enough to repair the damage that was done, so that stopped the seizures. Then at age 21 I took my final phenobarbital pill because the seizures showed no signs of returning after the barrage of tests they did on me prior to weaning me off the pills, so basically I'm pretty much normalized now CPUWIZ

You are very lucky, that's awesome. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You are very lucky, that's awesome. :thumbsup:

Lucky? Not lucky enough it seems.

Sorry for breaking into this heated debate, but I'm in the need of some enlightenment. WTF is a "melvin" (and why is it bad)?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=melvin

A severely odd and uncool person.

A wimp or a tool.

Mom, why do I have to play in the marching band? All the band kids are frickin' Melvins.

I hate to ask, but since stuff is being explained in this thread, would someone explain the reference behind the picture of the key? I promise I won't forget for next time, but it's hard for me to google "picture of a key" and get a meaningful explanation of this context. Thank you very much. :) :)

Its also the name of the hero/nerd in Toxic Avenger

At the danger of this thread being slightly (ever so slightly) on topic, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop referencing Melvin.

I see people are solely gonna focus on my previous posts and not the last 2 or so I have posted so I'll just shut up now because if I don't its just gonna be more fuel for the fire and more ammunition for people to use against me and make fun of me, but how many people do you know realistically with the disabilities that I have that can do the things that I can do? Not many I assure you, I mean....brain damage, Cerebral Palsy, water on the brain, a potentially deadly combination and it also at one point used to include epilepsy but I beat that back in 1980.

But that's neither here nor there, my point is people are not focusing on the last 2 or 3 posts I made which were not argumentative but were better thought out than my earlier ones and people here are deliberately trying to rile me again unnecessarily, if the number of you that don't want me here outnumbers the amount who want me to stay then just say so, or why not post a poll and put it to a vote, and based on the results of that poll that will dictate what the final outcome will be and until the final count of that poll is reached I just will not post one further thing.

I couldn't help it. You did paraphrase Cobra Commander perfectly so I just had to find that video. :cool:

I'd have done something similar to anyone who said the exact same thing, not just you. Your couple posts after the one I quoted were quite good, calm, and informative. I just never got that far after reading that one.

I see people are solely gonna focus on my previous posts and not the last 2 or so I have posted so I'll just shut up now because if I don't its just gonna be more fuel for the fire and more ammunition for people to use against me and make fun of me, but how many people do you know realistically with the disabilities that I have that can do the things that I can do? Not many I assure you, I mean....brain damage, Cerebral Palsy, water on the brain, a potentially deadly combination and it also at one point used to include epilepsy but I beat that back in 1980.

But that's neither here nor there, my point is people are not focusing on the last 2 or 3 posts I made which were not argumentative but were better thought out than my earlier ones and people here are deliberately trying to rile me again unnecessarily, if the number of you that don't want me here outnumbers the amount who want me to stay then just say so, or why not post a poll and put it to a vote, and based on the results of that poll that will dictate what the final outcome will be and until the final count of that poll is reached I just will not post one further thing.

I couldn't help it. You did paraphrase Cobra Commander perfectly so I just had to find that video. :cool:

I'd have done something similar to anyone who said the exact same thing, not just you. Your couple posts after the one I quoted were quite good, calm, and informative. I just never got that far after reading that one.

Actually look later into that same clip....I also quoted Tomax and Xamot who called him Inept, Insufficient and INEXCUSABLE Its right before he says "Unsubstantiated fantasy. Lies...lies...LIES!!!!!"

Edited by RichG1972

Touche!

Nope. A modified Atari 2600 can be played. That insane, unattractive mess seems to have rendered the Atari 2600 unplayable. Might as well smash it into pieces. It would at least look better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqpjXvYQcwc&rel=0&start=29

Nice video. Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say the kid's parrents are divorced.

Has that divorce kid "look at me" quality.

Edited by Syntaxerror999

Well, I gotta say, this thread has bounced everywhere ... Starting at bashing some "artist" for his work, to discussion on appropriateness of modding (again), a lock warning, then understandings (I think), and to chatter about Melvins, and finally to Cobra. Too funny. :D

Things are looking up, though. I think I see Rich smiling. :)

I've always had an understanding of Rich's restoration work as I do the same, just not as far. I get the consoles back to top useable condition, then they're off to ebay where I hope they get enjoyed. I'd rather not know the fate of some of them, especially the ones that needed lots of help. If I let that get to me, there'd be over 40 consoles here in no time. :ponder:

Well, I gotta say, this thread has bounced everywhere ... Starting at bashing some "artist" for his work, to discussion on appropriateness of modding (again), a lock warning, then understandings (I think), and to chatter about Melvins, and finally to Cobra. Too funny. :D

I guess in a sense I am somewhat amused (or it is bemused? Po-tay-toe. Po-tah-toe ehhh is al a matter of personal perception I guess), as for the modding, I had some time to think about it and in SOME cases not all, it may seem necessary, but what I personally feel is that its a last resort, not a first one, I mean if I tried everything else that could possibly be thought of and hit a dead end each time I suppose I might go the mod route, only if another alternative that would preserve the console as it is couldn't be found. I found my answer on Ebay but I found it locally and at a cheaper cost, observe:

Coax RF To Composite RCA VGA Demodulator Converter

Using THAT in conjunction with the RCA to COAX adaptor in place of the standard switch box works great for me, plus it allows me to route the signal through my DVD players 5.1 surround speakers, and when you take a hit with the subwoofer active and sitting close to you MAN ALIVE do you EVER feel every jolt....its almost spooky if not a bit inhuman and it's plug and play so you can quick disconnect and play it without if that is your preference this way you have the ability to play it as if it were a mod or stock system, its the best of both worlds(sorry about that went a bit "Hannah Montana" there lol)! A good idea with no permanency involved :D

Look locally for one though as the price of THAT one is a bit rich for MY blood....Bozhemoi!

Edited by RichG1972

key.jpg?139d23

:ponder:

Hopefully not. Perhaps a turnaround and an understanding ... :)

Actually I found something on Ebay that might be a better answer, it worked like a damn charm for me, its a box that you INPUT an rf signal into a coax h jack and it splits the signal into the respective video and left right channel AND it even has an S-Video jack on this box, I had one once before and forgot all about it and they work great if you know how to set it up.

You can kind of do that on a SVHS VCR. Also, I bought this box that converts s-video and composite to component. I can't get it to work well on my CRT TV because my component channel is bouncy. It works on my LCD though. I may have to get a better CRT TV or get this one fixed. Anyway, I've been looking up video converters and experimenting with what I have. I don't know if I can get a picture like an AV mod but I'm confident I can get close. The hard part is minimizing interference on the Atari end and finding the right box with the right comb filters to correctly demodulate RF to s-video or component.

Best Electronics has an AV mod that is removable and doesn't require drilling holes. I would like to see people expand on that idea.

And a close analysis of your cranium will reveal sawdust, setting aside the fact that you are inept, insufficient, inexcusable, pompous, pusillanimous and pathetic

We've been infiltrated by Cobra Commander!!! :o :-o :lol: :P :rolling: :roll: :lolblue: ;)

That's what it was? It sure says a lot about him... And he's almost 40...

I vote that you stay and that you not base that on votes.

I guess in a sense I am somewhat amused (or it is bemused? Po-tay-toe. Po-tah-toe ehhh is al a matter of personal perception I guess), as for the modding, I had some time to think about it and in SOME cases not all, it may seem necessary, but what I personally feel is that its a last resort, not a first one, I mean if I tried everything else that could possibly be thought of and hit a dead end each time I suppose I might go the mod route, only if another alternative that would preserve the console as it is couldn't be found. I found my answer on Ebay but I found it locally and at a cheaper cost, observe:

Using THAT in conjunction with the RCA to COAX adaptor in place of the standard switch box works great for me, plus it allows me to route the signal through my DVD players 5.1 surround speakers, and when you take a hit with the subwoofer active and sitting close to you MAN ALIVE do you EVER feel every jolt....its almost spooky if not a bit inhuman and it's plug and play so you can quick disconnect and play it without if that is your preference this way you have the ability to play it as if it were a mod or stock system, its the best of both worlds(sorry about that went a bit "Hannah Montana" there lol)! A good idea with no permanency involved :D

Look locally for one though as the price of THAT one is a bit rich for MY blood....Bozhemoi!

I was considering that model. There is a similar one that has a digital box and an analog box.

I was considering that model. There is a similar one that has a digital box and an analog box.

I THINK I know the one you are referring to