IGNORED

Really ugly use of Atari stuff..

yuppicide

REALLY?! Thats nuts! What kind of server is Al using to run this site? lol

Kudos to him for doing a great job maintaining this site.

Additional Note: I think this is the longest forum on this site, LOL

You haven't been around long. There are some doozies that make this thread look miniscule. ;)

REALLY?! Thats nuts! What kind of server is Al using to run this site? lol

Kudos to him for doing a great job maintaining this site.

You haven't been around long. There are some doozies that make this thread look miniscule. ;)

Yeah, I really am grateful to Al for running this site for so many years without asking for a dime. A real altruistic way to contribute to sociaty.

When I get to a computer I will post some juicy backin89 links for you. Or you can PM rmaerz, he'd be more than happy to endulge you. :)

Edited by toptenmaterial

Not sue if it is the longest, but it sure was the quickest i've experienced. It was going up 7 pages a day at some points.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/160607-my-air-raid-auction-update/page__p__1976342__hl__air+raid__fromsearch__1#entry1976342

• 2 weeks later...

i could take a shit that looks better than that.

Then you would be an artist too! You can sell it on eBay! ;)

This artist has made a poo machine: http://www.todaysbigthing.com/technology/2008/11/11 (I take no responsibility for anyone who vomits watching this. I couldn't watch the whole video myself)

As I said before... "trots in bags" = Art smilie_iek_020.gif

I'm the "get them as good as can be got without removing their character" type.

Example: If I wanted stock with my IBM 5160 (XT), I'd go get a 10 MB fullheight hard drive, replace the floppy drive with an identical model, and throw in a Herc or MDA (maybe CGA) card - and make sure the RAM were just 256K (so it'd be similar to my first 5160).

I'm putting slightly more modern hardware into it (lol, it's got VGA) and gonna replace the floppy drive with a 1.44 MB type (the hardware I've already added supports it).

On the other hand, it remains a 5160 on the outside, the mobo is still that of a 5160, the ROMs and the CPU are still that of a 5160, and I have no plans of replacing *them*. So apart from having VGA and different drives, it looks like an XT, it feels like an XT, it works like an XT. Oh - and any external parts, I am trying to make look reasonably XT-like. Which is quite easy now that black drives and brackets are much more available!

This would be closer to a "mod" than a "restoration".

I would prolly do the same with any computer. Though with a console, I'd prolly limit it to reversable changes or AV mods.

</$0.02>