IGNORED

3DO: trouble with CH FlightStick & ALG Gun

Howdy-

For my 3DO, I finally dug out my American Laser Games gun & my CH Products FlightStick Pro & am having trouble with both. I need a little hand-holding, please.

2-player ALG Gun (with male & female plugs at end of cord):

I try to use it with my FZ-1 & my console starts resetting repeatedly until I unplug it! This behavior occurs whether the gun is plugged directly into the console or daisy chained through a FZ-JP2X or plugged directly into the console with the FZ-JP2X daisy chained through the gun.

CH Products FlightStick Pro:

With Need For Speed, I can sometimes navigate the menu somewhat randomly & clumsily. I can bypass the intro videos by pushing one of the base buttons. I can't start or play a game.

With Escape From Monster Manor, I can't get any reaction at all.

With Blade Force, it works 100% perfectly. Upon boot-up, it notified me that a flight stick is plugged in & then I can play the game just great--all controls work. So, my stick is good, but I'm missing something when it comes to setting it up, I guess...

How exactly does one set up the FlightStick in terms of plugging it directly into the console or daisy-chained through a controller? And, how does one select it & use it instead of the control pad?

Thanks,

-Jason