IGNORED

Should I sell Ms. Pac-Man arcade hack?

Jr. Pac

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should I sell my Ms. Pac-Man Arcade hack?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Has anyone considered making Semon Attack?

After all that's happened with the Ms. Pac Man hack, that game would be hard to swallow.

Ms. Pac Man never had any trouble swallowing???

Edit: dots folks...swallowing dots...

• Like 4

Has anyone considered making Semon Attack?

After all that's happened with the Ms. Pac Man hack, that game would be hard to swallow.

Ms. Pac Man never had any trouble swallowing???

You are thinking of MISTRESS Pac-Man. Maybe I can make a Mistress Pac-Man hack of Ms Pac-Man. She would be half Ms Pac-Mans age and twice as willing to experiment.

• Like 1

Thanks! In Stella, there are a million values that seem right but mess up the game when I change them and have nothing to do with color. What program should I use to change the colors?

I'm curious. How did you find the background color?

Have you ever done Western Union? It's better than PayPal, no fees.

Never heard of it. I'll stick to PayPal, though. Thanks anyways.

You should stay away from Western Union transactions with people that you don't personally know very well.

Thanks! In Stella, there are a million values that seem right but mess up the game when I change them and have nothing to do with color. What program should I use to change the colors?

You should stay away from Western Union transactions with people that you don't personally know very well.

Thanks for telling me not to use Western Union. I found the background color by using the info. on a thread about Ms. Pac with a black background.

Away from dwane:

PAL ROM attached.

PALtest12.bin

Edited by Jr. Pac

Thanks for telling me not to use Western Union. I found the background color by using the info. on a thread about Ms. Pac with a black background.

Away from dwane:

PAL ROM attached.

So what you are telling me is you didn't actually do anything new here. You found a thread about how to change the background color, did that, and now you want to sell it?

Away from dwane:

PAL ROM attached.

So what you are telling me is you didn't actually do anything new here. You found a thread about how to change the background color, did that, and now you want to sell it?

You sure didn't observe the graphics very closely. The graphics were modified to look more like the arcade version.

I attached pics of the original and my hack.Original: post-29027-0-83530500-1310920632_thumb.png

Hack: post-29027-0-95888000-1310920720_thumb.png

lol

You just described about 99% of hacks in existance...'cept for the selling part, maybe.

I would feel a little better about you calling this an "arcade hack" if the mazes were the same. I mean, you can't really call it an arcade hack if it doesn't have the same play as the arcade machine.

I may not observe graphics very well, you don't seem to observe that fact that people are clearly NOT interested in this project of yours. There are now 2 thread full of people trying to figure out why you are still posting this stuff, and talking about releasing this game even though no one wants to buy it. What is making this worse if you are quickly working your way into the troll hall of fame and there isn't much getting out of that place once you are in there. Even the people that were defending you 7 pages ago are backing out of this. Food for thought.

• Like 1

I would feel a little better about you calling this an "arcade hack" if the mazes were the same. I mean, you can't really call it an arcade hack if it doesn't have the same play as the arcade machine.

I may not observe graphics very well, you don't seem to observe that fact that people are clearly NOT interested in this project of yours. There are now 2 thread full of people trying to figure out why you are still posting this stuff, and talking about releasing this game even though no one wants to buy it. What is making this worse if you are quickly working your way into the troll hall of fame and there isn't much getting out of that place once you are in there. Even the people that were defending you 7 pages ago are backing out of this. Food for thought.

I said that it's still in the works and I'm still trying to figure out how to change mazes. Somebody suggested that I finish it and then sell it to the people who marked "Yes" and move on. If you don't care about my hacks, DON'T READ THE THREADS! This stared out as a fun weekend project, and then people started saying that I should sell it when it's done, so I was almost done with it, and then all you haters started saying not to. so As I said before, somebody just suggested that I sell it to the people who wanted a copy and move on. I am just a beginner at hacking, so don't be expecting a Nukey Shay or PacManPlus quality hack.

I am just a beginner at hacking, so don't be expecting a Nukey Shay or PacManPlus quality hack.

I think that's what some people were trying to get across. A beginner might want to hack at least a handful of games to get the practice he needs to make a higher quality hack that is worthy of selling.

You seem to go back and forth between "I'm just a kid and this was done in 5 minutes for the fun of it" to "I worked so hard on this hack that my fingers are bleeding, so I deserve to get paid." Working hard on something doesn't automatically mean you can get money for it. No matter what amount of work you put into it, the quality has to be high enough to be worthy of selling.

Some people will buy any cartridge, no matter how good it is because they have a sickness similar to hoarders. It makes them have to own anything on a cartridge. Don't feed their sickness. If you make sure anything you sell is the highest quality possible, at least you won't be harming these poor souls.

• Like 5

I like to see young people getting into these great old games and even learning to program for these old consoles. That being said, what incentive would I have to buy this hack for 30+ bucks? I already have the regular version across different platforms, including the 2600. If all this is, is a pallette swap? I am buying the DK Arcade for the INTV because it offers so much more than the original INTV version. It was also programmed from scratch and took years to make. I would love to see you go places here, but you need to start small, build yourself up and maybe in a few years you can consider a project like this, and if you do a good job, well you got my money. :)

• Like 3

Working hard on something doesn't automatically mean you can get money for it.

<shameless plug> Exactly what I am doing with Retrocade Magazine. I don't get reimbursed for the Web hosting fees or travel expenses from interviewing people or doing event coverage. I do it because I enjoy it and because in the process I want to promote vendors, arcades, players, developers and others in the community. Nobody else asked me to do it. </shameless plug>

Incidentally, I just got off the phone with a friend of mine. I'm giving him a 1/2 page ad in exchange for publishing a table of scores recorded at his tournaments in the bottom half.

I then said "do you want to advertise some of the items you have for sale on your Web site"

He says "will that be on the same page?"

I said "no...I'll give you up to another full page."

He said "how much does that cost?"

I said "nothing..."

He said "well in that case I have..." <yadda yadda yadda - this guy likes to talk!>

What a great guy I am! ;)

A Paypal donation button will be set up, however...

Oh - sorry, but I don't do Western Union...

Sorry, got off topic...except for the Paypal and Western Union part!

Edited by rmaerz

I am just a beginner at hacking, so don't be expecting a Nukey Shay or PacManPlus quality hack.

I think that's what some people were trying to get across. A beginner might want to hack at least a handful of games to get the practice he needs to make a higher quality hack that is worthy of selling.

You seem to go back and forth between "I'm just a kid and this was done in 5 minutes for the fun of it" to "I worked so hard on this hack that my fingers are bleeding, so I deserve to get paid." Working hard on something doesn't automatically mean you can get money for it. No matter what amount of work you put into it, the quality has to be high enough to be worthy of selling.

Some people will buy any cartridge, no matter how good it is because they have a sickness similar to hoarders. It makes them have to own anything on a cartridge. Don't feed their sickness. If you make sure anything you sell is the highest quality possible, at least you won't be harming these poor souls.

:? This took hours. I Was just going with what some people were saying in the beginning of when I started these. I might not be selling this after all.

Do it because you want to...

Of course, if it's a situation where you need to raise dough for a...e.g. a bike...

I actually do need to raise enough money for something. $5 a week for shores won't cut it fast enough.

Of course, if it's a situation where you need to raise dough for a...e.g. a bike...

I actually do need to raise enough money for something. $5 a week for shores won't cut it fast enough.

:?

Where can you live $5 a week at the shore?

:?

Where can you live $5 a week at the shore?

Providence, Rhode Island. Where else?