IGNORED

Starhawk

cimerians

Anyone play the old online only Warhawk and was it any good? I heard mixed reviews about it.

Because this new game sort of interests me, there's a bit of sci-fi in it and lots of air\ground combat including what I think I will really like is the "Build and Battle" feature where you can build stuff like a Warcraft game and use it to fight. Like building a wall to protect something and then building a gun turret and then hopping on to use it.

A good detailed Preview is here:

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-starhawk-201024.phtml

Yes. I'm a huge Warhawk fan. Good? It's great, but is certainly something that you should approach with an open mind. If you compare it to other first person shooters you may be disappointed. Regard it as its own beast with a unique disposition and you will be fine; it doesn't control like other shooters and is less of a twitch based experience. Still, action is frantic, there is alot of room for co-operation and tactics, and the balance is superb. Vehicles don't reign supreme -- land and air machines are at each other's mercy, while foot soldiers can also take them all out.

I'd still be playing it religiously if it weren't for Battlefield 2: Bad Company. But Starhawk will probably get my money. It seems as if its going to take the Warhawk formula and give it even greater tactical/strategic possibilities (probably influenced by Battlefield).

Edited by durkada

I tried to like warhawk, I really gave it a solid go, but ended up dumping it shortly after the tutorials and just went for the easy trophy for being a game server.

Starhawk's new theme is right up my alley, but then there's:

The idea behind Starhawk was to keep the same style of gameplay as Warhawk

I actually liked the first warhawk back on ps1 more.

Edited by Reaperman