IGNORED

Warhammer Kill Team

cimerians

After playing the demo I'm kind of 50/50 on it. I like it but it doesnt seem special in any way. Anyone buy it and play some more? Recommendations?

The cool thing is its easy to learn (Diablo-like). I even played local co-op with my kid. :P

Been playing Torchlight here recently. If Warhammer is like Diablo, I probably would pass as I'm quite content with TL for a Diablo clone for right now. I did check out screen shot for this and Boulder Dash yesterday. It didn't scream out MUST BUY. I'll try the demo later.

Cool let me know what you think. Its pretty good but I'm the same way. I have a bunch of diablo clones right now including Torchlight\Alien Breed\DungeonHunters. During the demo I was looking for something different but couldnt really find anything to make this better from anything else out there. It seems good but theres just too many games out there. The demo ended for me at a mini boss fight with two orks as they call them. I wish I would have fought them to see what would happen. As it is I simply ran through normal grunts.

I tried the demo. Seemed very much like that older Live Arcade game Assault Heroes, only with waypoints and objectives and stuff.

Yeah, it's a pretty generic action/omni-shooter with a coat of WH40K paint. It came across decently enough, but nothing spectacular. It's really if you like WH40K and want to play an actiony game instead of just pushing your minis around the table. Unlike most other tabletop licenses, at least this kind of game fits the property.

I've been thinking of getting it since my friends and I are pretty big into WH40k but none of us want to drop the cash on the figures to play the actual tabletop game.

cimerians can you share your impressions of the local co-op from the demo? That's usually how we play multiplayer games.

I've been thinking of getting it since my friends and I are pretty big into WH40k but none of us want to drop the cash on the figures to play the actual tabletop game.

cimerians can you share your impressions of the local co-op from the demo? That's usually how we play multiplayer games.

I ended up buying it because my kid demanded it. She loves it. Amazing cause I had no idea she would even be into something thats so male oriented. LOL.

The best way I can sum it up:

Solo and Co-op gameplay:

Its not very fun when playing it solo. Its a little boring and the enemies really home in on you (bullets, missiles etc) and dodging is very hard to do cause your guy is very slow even when sprinting. Its not a hard game its just that its more difficult solo where the hordes are all coming after you and nobody else (all the bullets are aimed at you). So I would say as a single player game it fails to be that much fun but for hardcore Warhammer fans it may be fine.

Local Co-op is the only other choice, I dont think you can play on Xbox live with friends (I havent seen anything in the menus for it) Local-co-op is a lot more fun and the enemies will now share there bullets between two players making survival a lot easier. I played a ranged character and my kid played a melee character called Librarian. The melee character has a gun too as a secondary weapon but mainly uses a power sword. You do level up like an RPG and assign points to health, ranged skill, melee skill etc. You also have grenades and a power move you can use to wipe out enemies. Like I said its a whole lot more fun with co-op play. The orks will many times try and surround and ambush you and your team-mate. (Or if your by yourself...good luck!). Sometimes you and your pal will need to fight your way up a tower or step on a switch to lower some shields to blow up a reactor, all the while making your way deeper and deeper into the spaceship.

Graphics and Sound:

Excellent on all levels. I love the graphics in this game and the roars the Orks make as they rush you is really cool. Sounds effects, graphics....its all good.

Overall its a good game but hard to recommend for solo gamers. Its your basic twin-stick shooter with some RPG leveling thrown in. If you have local friends who will play with you then I dont think you will be disappointed at all. After-all there isnt tons of co-op games out there like this anyway.

Edited by cimerians