IGNORED

HSC8 Round 12: Electrician

Let's get to work... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZap!

Electrician

Download

Fandal's Site has the fixed XEX version, atarimania has instructions.

Game Closes Sunday 31st July 10am BST

NOTE: Round 11 - The Lone Raider is still open until Monday 18th as it started late.

Game On :!:

p.s. DKJr will be in the next poll :cool:

One of my favs! Played the heck out of this game, growing up, even though I was never able to finish it.

Made it to the 7th building (finished 6 buildings) with a score of: 403,704! It gets so difficult, I don't see how anyone could finish all 8 buildings. I'm sure as heck going to try, though. :)

post-9712-0-72754500-1310928584_thumb.png

Edited by Deteacher

Would someone mind posting an ATR version of this please as I'm not sure how to make one. I tried loading it using the APE mirror but it didn't load properly, for that matter neither did any of the other games that I tried :(

Here you go:

MYDOS453Electrician.atr

just clarify - were you trying to load an XEX from your PC's hard drive to a real atari using APE ? Did you try booting a DOS/MYDOS disk [drive 1] then from the DOS menu, binary load the games from drive 2 (the mirror where the xex files are) :)

One of my favs! Played the heck out of this game, growing up, even though I was never able to finish it.

Made it to the 7th building (finished 6 buildings) with a score of: 403,704! It gets so difficult, I don't see how anyone could finish all 8 buildings. I'm sure as heck going to try, though. :)

Wow! The deteacher comeback is on... better play this again tonight ;)

Season 8 Current Standings updated

Would someone mind posting an ATR version of this please as I'm not sure how to make one. I tried loading it using the APE mirror but it didn't load properly, for that matter neither did any of the other games that I tried :(

Here you go:

MYDOS453Electrician.atr

just clarify - were you trying to load an XEX from your PC's hard drive to a real atari using APE ? Did you try booting a DOS/MYDOS disk [drive 1] then from the DOS menu, binary load the games from drive 2 (the mirror where the xex files are) :)

Correct I was trying to load the XEX from the PC's hard drive using APE. As you can tell I've got no idea what I'm doing just trying stuff! Cheers for the ATR file

Correct I was trying to load the XEX from the PC's hard drive using APE. As you can tell I've got no idea what I'm doing just trying stuff! Cheers for the ATR file

No problem, glad you are up and running :thumbsup:

If anyone gets to an applicance (lamp?) that wont seem to wire up, the socket may be a little off to the side - I had this in house 7 and thought it was not doable :|

Had a much better go but still didn't see the snakes 299,227

post-19705-0-68308200-1311008948_thumb.jpg

Fantastic game, great controls and nice touches such as only being able to duck for a few seconds :)

This is quickly moving up my A800 top ten list! A strikingly original platformer with some suprises, as difficulty increases(at a nice even pace!). The 'free form' style basement round adds a nice challenge as well :) .

The housing order this round went, 1-2-3-5-7-; is it usually random? Is it possible to get the key to an early numbered house like #4 at the end, or is house #9 always last? Has a manual for Electrician ever surfaced? It looks to be one of the rarest of Atari 8-bit games.

post-21471-0-42781300-1311025829_thumb.png

This is quickly moving up my A800 top ten list! A strikingly original platformer with some suprises, as difficulty increases(at a nice even pace!). The 'free form' style basement round adds a nice challenge as well :) .

The housing order this round went, 1-2-3-5-7-; is it usually random? Is it possible to get the key to an early numbered house like #4 at the end, or is house #9 always last? Has a manual for Electrician ever surfaced? It looks to be one of the rarest of Atari 8-bit games.

post-21471-0-42781300-1311025829_thumb.png

Yes, the house order (as well as the basement level) is random each time you play. I was lucky enough to have a game that went in order through the first 6 houses.

I think making it to the 7th house that one time was a fluke. Can't get past the 6th house because the mice all congregate on the one or two floors I need to complete. I can't get them to move on to other floors. Grrr....

Nice game, don't remember playing it before

Yet you are already crusing my score :!:

I'll put that right tonight ;)

No manual but there are good instructions in the extensive comments on atarimaia (link on 1st post) everyone :)

I lost most of my lives trying to do the last floor of the 5th house, those mice are a real pain.

I watched a vid on you tube of some guy completing the game and thought 'how hard can this be'! Watching the vid again and he makes it look easy

Don't think I'm going to go for a 4th win, at least not on THIS game!

me neither... PSYCHE ;)

I had a another decent go but didn't beat my score, has anyone seen an extra man from the croc eggs ?

There's a Mr.Amiga style review of Electrician here and a load of info on the game here plus links to the videos for those who are struggling :!:

Let's get to work... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZap!

Electrician

Download

Fandal's Site has the fixed XEX version, atarimania has instructions.

Game Closes Sunday 31st July 10am BST

NOTE: Round 11 - The Lone Raider is still open until Monday 18th as it started late.

Game On :!:

p.s. DKJr will be in the next poll :cool:

Go ahead, put DKjr in the next poll. Everyone knows that Aquatron is going to win. :D