IGNORED

Jaguar Hardware Schematics

Vectrex-Atari

I trying to fix my blown up jag if I can. I hooked an NES powersupply to it on accident. I took is apart an found capacitor C134 Blown. I need to know if someone has the Power supply of the circuit. I need to know if there is a voltage regulator in the circuit (U38?)

I am going to try replacing the Capacitor first to see if it fixes it.

I trying to fix my blown up jag if I can. I hooked an NES powersupply to it on accident. I took is apart an found capacitor C134 Blown. I need to know if someone has the Power supply of the circuit. I need to know if there is a voltage regulator in the circuit (U38?)

I am going to try replacing the Capacitor first to see if it fixes it.

U38 is a MC34163 (Step-Up/Down/Inverting Switching Regulator). Best Electronics has it listed on their web site for $9.95.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/custom-i.htm

It's towards the bottom in their Misc section.

There is also LM78L05ACH (REG1) that is listed on the schematic that provides power for the Audio circuit. Might check that also because it gets fed unregulated power from the power switch.

Good luck!

Glenn

Is it easy to get the jag motherboard out?  I once looked at the metal enclosure surrounding it and gave up.  It looked too tough.

John

Its not really hard at all. The Metal enclosure is in two pieces and the bottom part has metal tabs that bend over the top portion. Bent the tabs straight up all around the metal enclosure and the top cage comes off. Once you get the top off, there a four screws: Two shiny screws in the front on either side of the joystick ports and two black ones that are on either side of the cartrige connector (the screws holds down the connector, from you point of veiw). After that, Lift the back part of the of the board/lower metal cage out and and out it comes.