IGNORED

Tekken Hybrid

Gabriel

I guess there's no excitement around here about Tekken: Blood Vengeance. I knew that Namco had been working on a Tekken CGI movie for years, but I hadn't heard anything about it for a long time. Turns out it will be in theaters on July 26th for a one evening showing only. Then it hits Blu Ray several months later. (One trailer gave a September 3rd date)

The Blu Ray has an HD version of Tekken Tag Tournament on it, as a sort of prelude to TTT2 which hopefully should be out next year sometime. It doesn't look to be much other than an upscaled version of the PS2 game, but it's a nice bonus regardless.

What I like about the trailers is that the character models for the CGI movie look like the characters do in the game openings and such. It's not like the live action KoF and Tekken movies where the characters either look nothing like their game counterparts because of recostuming and poor casting (or look like they're from a amateur cosplay convention).

Hopefully it won't suck. And hopefully Anna won't be eaten by a raptor this time.

I'm interested for sure, I vaguely remember a CGI Tekken movie but I never heard anything else about it being made. The Tag bonus is worth it for me so I'll be looking forward to the blu-ray release especially if its good. I'm also really glad the characters will look like the ones from the cutscenes in the game.