IGNORED

Moon Cresta 7800

PacManPlus

25,920 clocks (at 216 scanlines) w/o overhead on 1BPP - Jeebus. MARIA is what some odd 3Mhz, but I guess the DL/DLL overhead is a real killer, especially because of DMA. I might be getting that wrong though.

MARIA clocks != CPU clocks. You need to divide by 4 to get the CPU cycles lost.

MARIA is clocked at around 7.16MHz. DL/DLL entries aren't much of an overhead. They are stored in RAM and are accessed at 2 MARIA cycles per byte. DL entries are 4/5 bytes so take 8/10 MARIA cycles.

Well, crud. Color is a real killer for me, if I can get 25 at 160 but 9 at 320, I guess I'll have to stay in the low res realm. I was really looking forward to that too (hi res level, low res sprites w/ more color). I know I can do tricks to squeeze in more colors, but I'm just plunking around right now - kinda too advanced for me right now. BTW, what is the max (visible) vertical res in 160?

There are sprite and character mode examples in the 7800 programmers section which would be a good starting point. You can go a long way with programmer tricks to change colours. For example, my Halloween themed game can display 64 colours on screen at the same time.

Anyways... I think we've thread jacked enough. Feel free to start another thread in the programmers section if you have more questions.

Guess i missed the window.. a bit funny because I've been on reserve for a few of PMP's projects that have been delayed because of technical issues with the XM and compatability, but when one is made available to order, I manage to be preoccupied with other things. If any there are any left over for whatever reason, I want dibs! :P

Will we be able to get these through the AA store in the future?

Edited by AtariNerd

I'm interested in being in the later adopters/second run of these. Moon Cresta was one of my favorites back in the day, and I'd like to have a quickie option to play it again that doesn't involve a freakin' emulator and my computer.