IGNORED

Moon Cresta 7800

PacManPlus

Yes - sorry guys, I did decide to try and continue with it (like I noted in the other thread 'Frenzy being cancelled')...

Sorry about that. I figured the CV is getting a arcade perfect version, so why do one here. But it seems enough people want it, so... :)

Thanks

Bob, anything you release, I will buy! Your that good and that needed in the 7800 community...

Bob, anything you release, I will buy! Your that good and that needed in the 7800 community...

For sure. Bob has literally become the Activision/Imagic of the 7800 library to me. His games are, hands down, my most played 7800 titles.

Just wondering how all these PacManPlus fans would react if he announced his new port:

The 7800 version of "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" originally from the 3DO!!!

;-)

Seriously, his 7800 kungfu is powerful....

Love to see his Moon Cresta, but also whatever else...

Maybe even an original....

desiv

This is still pretty early, isn't it? I'm able to start the game but there's no collision detection and the enemies don't seem to move. Still, it's a promising start! Who knew the 7800 was capable of graphics this crisp?

So, when are we going to see the sequel, Terra Cresta? :twisted:

Hey I OWEND Plumbers Dont Wear Ties when it first came out on 3-do. I thought it was a pretty good game for the time it was like a movie, yeah sure its easy to make fun of those games NOW that we have PlayStation 3 and things like that, but back then with games like Plumbers Dont Wear Ties, Sewar Shark, It Came From The Desert, Sherlock Homes and Rape House or whatever it was called with Kimberly from Diff'rent strokes, those games were all cutting edge and pioneering a new field. Back then it was all those terms like "Interactive Multimedia" etc and yeah maybe they didn't get it quite right back then, but it was the first games with full motion video and story lines. Today we see that thread woven through games like Metal Gear etc where a long story plays out through the game. It's easy to knock those old games like Publmbers Dont Wear Ties and things like that, the same way people like to rip E.T. or even Atari games in general because they are "junk" when in fact they are pioneers.

So sure, I'd buy PacManPlus' 7800 version of Plumbers Dont Wear Ties. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I love FMV games.. Campier the better.. I love Corpse Killer!!!

Plumbers wasn't even FMV.. It was mostly (weird) still frames with audio...

(And it was Night Trap, not Rape House (which is I think the title of Rockstar Games next release).. :-)

And scary thing is, I think I'd get Plumbers 7800 is PMP made it.. Even if he tried his hardest to make it really bad, his game would be fun.

I don't know how, but it would be.. ;-)

And back on track, I'm glad Moon Cresta is back on track as well... Looking forward to it..

I'm hoping the "enemy movement" gets worked out..

I would be interested to see what Bob can come up with as far as an original game also... Hmmm...

desiv

Thanks guys - I think I've gotten past the point of 'figuring out' the movement in the arcade, and I've created a list of what needs to be done. I basically need to have a routine that handles enemy movement for each frame, similar in function to how TIA sounds are handled on a per-frame basis.

I took the movement tables from the arcade and modified them for the 7800's movement (even though I'm using 320 mode graphics, the horizontal movement happens in 2-pixel increments; i.e. 160 mode).

Let's see what I can come up with. :)

• Like 2

Thanks guys - I think I've gotten past the point of 'figuring out' the movement in the arcade, and I've created a list of what needs to be done. I basically need to have a routine that handles enemy movement for each frame, similar in function to how TIA sounds are handled on a per-frame basis.

I took the movement tables from the arcade and modified them for the 7800's movement (even though I'm using 320 mode graphics, the horizontal movement happens in 2-pixel increments; i.e. 160 mode).

Let's see what I can come up with. :)

Man, it sounds like you're moving right along with this project! I've never played Moon Cresta, but I have watched a gameplay video. Seems like a worthy game for the 7800. I would say that with the pokey and yamaha, it might be possible to do a lot more with the music and sound effects than was possible in the original game, (multiple voices, harmonies, etc) cycles permitting.

I'd love to see a PacManPlus original creation one day.

I'm not complaining. For whatever reason, I really enjoyed Moon Cresta in the arcades, although its rarely mentioned as a classic. So, I'm pleasantly surprised to see this is your next conversion target.

Looks awesome!

I'd love to see a PacManPlus original creation one day.

So would I :D

I was in the GameStop in the Ft. Myers Mall (on rt. 41) today, and I was talking to the guy behind the counter. Turns out he likes the classics. He was familiar with the 2600, 5200, and 7800 and he mentioned he had an Intellivision. I told him about AtariAge and he seemed very interested. Always great to recruit new people! :)

I was in the GameStop in the Ft. Myers Mall (on rt. 41) today, and I was talking to the guy behind the counter. Turns out he likes the classics. He was familiar with the 2600, 5200, and 7800 and he mentioned he had an Intellivision. I told him about AtariAge and he seemed very interested. Always great to recruit new people! :)

Edison Mall's dual Gamestops is a bit strange.

Good to see that you found someone there receptive to jumping on the bandwagon. :)

Please don't rush on Moon Cresta. Take your time and get it the way that you want.

Bob, you're definitely off to a great start. As I own a Moon Cresta cocktail cab, I can say with some authority that this early demo certainly is beginning to have the feel of the arcade. The movement, while needing some tuning obviously has that hard-to-capture unpredictable 'swoopiness' (how's that for a new word lol)that the arcade does.

Can't wait to see how it develops.

Thanks Guys!

Here is what I have so far... Things that I know about:

1 - Movement still needs to be tweaked. In a big way. I absolutely *hate* the jerky movement of the enemies. They are also too fast. Weird, considering I used the tables of the arcade game. (The movement segments are most likely in the wrong order though, which explains the strange direction choices of the enemies).

2 - No docking stages yet. The game just stops at that point.

post-1787-0-23598500-1315087123_thumb.png

post-1787-0-61500200-1315087123_thumb.png

post-1787-0-94492300-1315087123_thumb.png

post-1787-0-21722900-1315087124_thumb.png

post-1787-0-47257900-1315087124_thumb.png

Bob

MoonCresta.A78

MoonCresta.bin

MoonCrestaP.A78

MoonCrestaP.bin

• Like 1