IGNORED

What happened to Raster?

analmux

No it's not, the article is about a big accident from 2008. Raster left us only a few days ago. He was one of the most important people on the Atari scene I've ever met and I find it very hard to imagine our world without him. I had a pleasure to meet him personally 8 times. There won't be the 9th one though :-(

Rest In Peace Raster

just read that on Atarionline comment: referring to the bbc news:

"no this is not it. That one us 3 years old accident. No news about Raster's accident has been published. It was just a "small" accident not worth to mention even in the local in the news. Raster's hometown was Prostejov. He was living near a rail track. He was doing something on his house (modifying) and brought some things over the rail track when a train hit him."

Although to the people of the atari community this is 'big news', unfortunately the accidental death of a single person is not news at all to the local or even regional news, and this is a shame. As the death of any person is unfortunate. We as a society have gotten to the point where, unless that single person is in the mainstream 'conciousness' of the local/regional/world, it isnt news at all, and this is a poor reflection of what we, as a civilization have become.

The loss to the community, and more to his family is a devastating one, and my sympathy with with them.

sloopy.

• Like 1