Important Note: Competition is over for this week

Failsafe

-

Game Information

Game Name: Failsafe

Released By: Homebrew by PacManPlus

Game Mode: INTERMEDIATE

Difficulty: B/B

Use your 7800 CONSOLE or EMULATOR to play.

Post your scores in this thread, they will be added to the Atari 7800 HSC

scoreboard. Remember to play each game with the recommended game mode or difficulty setting

as shown above. The deadline for posting scores is August at 1:00 AM

(Central Time, UTC-6)

-

7800 HSC scoring system

(Does not apply in a Variety pack)

1st place GOLD [10]+ 3 bonus points

2nd place SILVER [9]+ 2 bonus points

3rd place BRONZE [8]+ 1 bonus point

-

4 [7]

5 [6]

6 [5]

7 [4]

8 [3]

9 [2]

10th and lower is 1 point.

Challenges / Bonus

Doubled medal count. Get in the top three spots,

and recieve 6+ points bonus for GOLD. 4 SILVER, 2 BRONZE.

+6 Jifremok

+4 bigbee99

+2 roadrunner

High Scores

*1. 198,350 Jifremok

*2. 165,300 bigbee99

*3. 55,750 roadrunner

4. 45,600 LarcenTyler

5. 40,550 thursday83

6. 34,000 JacobZu7zu7

7. 29,350 SpiceWare

8. 27,100 Mord

9. 20,600 atomickneedrop

10. 2,600 Gorfy

Best Tips [1+]

SpiceWare for the (Manual scan)

Standings

RANK/PLAYER/POINTS/MEDALS EARNED

1. Jifremok-83 [2 gold / 2 silver / 1 bronze]

2. atomickneedrop-73 [2 gold / sports pack]

3. bigbee99-58 [1 gold 2 bronze]

4. JacobZu7zu7-47 [1 silver]

5. Gorfy-39

6. oyamafamily-29 [1 silver / 1 bronze]

6. SpiceWare-29

8. roadrunner-27 [1 bronze]

9. mord-18 [1 silver]

10. classicgamer_27330-15

11. mingy jongo-7

12. zylon-4

13. cparsley-3

13. LarcenTyler-3 (new)

DEADLINE is Wednesday August 17th 1:00 AM (Central Time, UTC-6)

Sneak preview

Next week is, *Tower Toppler*

post-3059-0-52983900-1312995975_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I finally made it to the Silo to enter the code but I only had 2 letters. Even with two "L" drops, the random code generator only gave me 2 letters. You have 60 second to figure out the code which was not enough time to randomly guess the other 2 letters. If I had 3 letters, I think it could have done. If I get another run to the silo, maybe with some better luck I can keep going.

One thing I noticed. I had four men left. When I was unable to get the code right and the 60 sec count down was over, it was just a game over. I would have like the keep trying :P

B

I think I'm done with this one. I got back to round 18 with only 2 letters again. The letter A dropped in the 4th slot at the end of round 13,14,15 and 17 with an E dropping in the 1st slot at the end of round 16.

Otherwise, I dig the game.

B

Had the entire code, but couldn't reach the silo.

failsafe105800.jpg

Best moment so far: I had invulnerability, ran over a turret, and it dropped a speed powerup before I got away, and I zoomed right into a nearby turret's bullet!

Edited by Jifremok

So for the people here that played it - what did you think of it? I was afraid nobody would like it because of all the changes I made from Countermeasure. BTW, if you're quick enough, you can figure out the code using only 2 letters (with 60 seconds... I've done it) :)

The ironic thing about this is that I was going to enter but am only able to average about 35,000 per game. :P

So for the people here that played it - what did you think of it? I was afraid nobody would like it because of all the changes I made from Countermeasure. BTW, if you're quick enough, you can figure out the code using only 2 letters (with 60 seconds... I've done it) :)

The ironic thing about this is that I was going to enter but am only able to average about 35,000 per game. :P

Hello there, were having a pretty good time... lots of good scores, I never played Countermeasure... but I'm sure Failsafe does it justice. My fav part of it is the different terrains, to roll my tank over, I like the 3rd rock stage a lot.

My new BETTER score...

I don't think I got a bonus life at 30ks, :ponder:

post-3059-0-82764900-1313518031_thumb.jpg

I got the code and won! 198350 I didn't mess with difficulty switches so I don't know what settings I used. I just started with INTERMEDIATE as per the rule.

failsafe198350.jpg

failsafevictory.jpg

A bit high on the luck factor sometimes with the powerups, but it's a lot of fun and I find it very interesting the balance between the speed and the invulnerability---sometrimes I feel it faster to go with invul than speed!

So for the people here that played it - what did you think of it? I was afraid nobody would like it because of all the changes I made from Countermeasure.

It's fun - I'm just spending a lot of time working on Frantic and Chun Li, so not getting in as much play time as before. Never played Countermeasure, so don't know how it compares.

It's alot of fun. I like all the power up's.

I gotta be careful with speed up tho.

IMO Failsafe is an big improvement over Countermeasure. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by roadrunner

Since I was hasty in posting my response with my score earlier today (time was short), let me try again.

A very addicting game. Having never even known of Countermeasure's existence until seeing Failsafe in the AA store catalog, I cannot compare. Since each run felt rather lengthy for an Atari game (I usually made it to stage 3 or beyond), I normally only played once or twice before stopping, but the desire to stop that launch kept making me return after only a short while. The powerups here are probably the best implementation of a power-up system I've ever seen in a game, actually requiring thought every now and then. I can't tell you how many times I've died because I got overconfident with some powerup. I should buy this during one of my future purchases from here.