IGNORED

Ninja Gaiden help

jeremiahjt

I am having trouble with the level 2 triple stacked bosses when they return in level 4. Their roll attack now kills in one hit and their regular swipe now kills in two hits. Anybody got any hints for beating these guys the second time around? Also how much longer is the game after these guys? I heard that there was only 4 levels in the game.

Ninja Gaiden has just 4 levels, that's correct. The last boss, the mighty Dark Lord, awaits you right after you have defeated these three clawed ninjas for the second time.

It's not easy to beat them, but I recommend you try to find a sword, it will help a lot!

Actually the Dark Lord is more easy to defeat than this ninja triumvirate.

Below are some tips I suggest:

1. Like the Mega Man games, free-lives appear randomly. This means that on some games, you may get lucky and attain tons of free guys. On the other hand, you may have bad luck on a game and find only a scant few. To improve your chances of securing as many free-lives as possible, smash all the phone booths and boxes you can find.

2. When you fight the "blade brothers" the second time, as you know, it can be difficult. Avoid ground attacks like punching/kicking because this will only send them into their flying blade attack. I like to use throws as much as possible. If the 3 enemies are clumped together, you can sometimes send 2 or 3 flying with one throw! A throw doles about as much damage as three/four punches, and it will not take long for them to go down.

3. I posted an FAQ for this game on gamefaqs.com if you are interested to know more.

Darrin

• 8 years later...

Well I finally did it. I defeated Ninja Gaiden. I did it without using a continue, but I was down to my last life with only two boxes left on my life meter.

I managed to beat the end boss without being hit once. I am not for sure, but I would bet that even one hit by him would have taken off both my life boxes I had left and I know the Blade Brothers would have killed me with one more hit.

The Dark Lord breathes fire as an attack, I did not know that. How many types of attacks does he have?

The ending is terrible.

IMG_20200125_002329962.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, tripled79 said:

I recently tried this game. I can't figure out how to jump up to the pipes on level one. What is the trick to jumping high enough to reach the pipe? After many attempts all I do is jump to my death...

It has been a little while since I played, but I believe you have to press the option 1 button.

Edited by jeremiahjt