IGNORED

Season 7 Round 7 - Pinball

CGQuarterly

Welcome to round 7 of the 7th season of the Atari Age NES High Score League!

This week's game is going to be Pinball.

Title: Pinball

Developer: Nintendo

Publisher: Nintendo

Released: October 18, 1985 (US)

Rules:

Select "Game A"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXypHXRLL-E

Scores so far:

roadrunner 19,360

Current standings:

1.     HatefulGravey          23
2(t).  bigbee99               18
2(t).  SoulBlazer             18
4.     asponge                17
5.     Austin                 15
6(t).  Jibbajaba              9
6(t).  roadrunner             9
8.     LarcenTyler            5
9(t).  NightSprinter          3
9(t).  classicgamer_27330     3
9(t).  Sonic R                3
12.     theKLT                2
13(t).  dustfilledhobo        1
13(t).  Algus                 1

Edited by Jibbajaba

I would like to add that when I made it to 100k, the paddles disappeared! They came back at 150k though. The game could really use a bump/tilt feature. I find myself moving in my seat trying to bump the table.

B

post-29567-0-66137600-1314017245_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigbee99

I'm sorry to see that there isn't more interest in this one. I like this game, but I LOVE video pinball games. I'm on a 10-day business trip, but will try to get a score in on this one. I'll be home Wednesday night so I'll have a few days, if I can get to it.

Chris

Looks like it's just me and you man. I'm surprised HatefulGravey has not posted something yet though.

B

I was on vacation and had no idea what another game had been posted :( . With any luck I'll be posting a score tonight. I hate to have to do it but it looks like this one will be emulated. If I own this cart I don't know that I own it...

Don't take me not being involved as a lack of interest, its more then likely a lack of knowing a game is up to play. I'm digging this season pretty good so far. A good mix of games I know and games I've never touched, and a good mix of really hard games and games that I get a grip on a play well too. Its been an interesting season to me. :D

When does this round end? I need to have an idea of how many games I can get in and if I have enough time I might try hitting the local game store to get a real copy of the game, I play better on real hardware. Maybe a real NES controller made to work on the PC would help, but buying the games is more fun anyway.

When does this round end? I need to have an idea of how many games I can get in and if I have enough time I might try hitting the local game store to get a real copy of the game, I play better on real hardware. Maybe a real NES controller made to work on the PC would help, but buying the games is more fun anyway.

Ideally this Sunday, if I'm on the ball.

Chris

I'm not sure what happened here. I was doing well, I get to the Mario screen and the chick and the top of the screen falls down, I catch her on my platform, then she falls from that and my game is over... this is odd to me.

Anyway, I had to be sure to get a score in, I need a break and I'll get back to this later today if I can. I don't know about 200,000+ but maybe something will click and I'll get there.

After a few games, my best score is 242,040.

post-24675-0-89805800-1315806758_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure what happened here. I was doing well, I get to the Mario screen and the chick and the top of the screen falls down, I catch her on my platform, then she falls from that and my game is over... this is odd to me.

I found out myself that if you let her fall off the platform, you lose a ball. You were probably on your last ball in that case.

Was kind of a bummer actually, my score probably would have been a good bit higher had I not let that happen. :(

Edited by Austin

• 2 weeks later...

These video pinball games have always been the games I liked the least. This one however is the worst I have ever played. There is something about this game that absolutely sucks and I can not put a finger on it. Try as I might the games that I top 50k are few and far between. I can't fathom 200k+. I simply do not know how you folks are getting these higher scores. As soon as the ball falls to the lower part of the board I might as well let it fall. I can't seem to hit that exit when it opens, and I can't get the ball into the special room thing very often, and every time I hit the center orange 100 point bouncer there is a 50% chance that ball will bounce right into the side behind the flipper and I'm done... I can't figure it out.

Sorry, I'm frustrated. I wanted to get a much better score, so I spent over an hour trying to improve and I just suck more. I'll stop now... :D

Next game please?