IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, Season 2, ROUND 12

Austin

I hope i got in before the deadline. :)

231,416 Awesome game. :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice score. I think it was final that the deadline was extended Austin just hasn't said how long the extension is for. I have the next couple of days off and will probably give it another go.

Thanks, i'm glad i popped in to see what game you guys are playing. :) :cool:

nah, I'm already third place, I wanted to see if someone wanted to challenge that :D

As much as I'd like to think we will have more challengers, I somehow don't think it is going to happen. :(

I will submit a score. I just need to get one higher than orpheus's :evil: I haven't played this game in years so I'm a little rusty.

hey guys, I'm a bit of a noob here, I just wondered if I was able to post a score for this? I just joined the site to kinda get involved with Jag and Lynx in general and I played Tempest last night, got my approval to post on the site this morning and thought I'd see if its ok. I've been participating in similar competitions/scoring clubs for Dreamcast games and really enjoyed those. Anyway let me know if I can participate.

Cheers

That is cool. I just had my Jaguar sent out here where I am working overseas, so I will see I can get this loaded on my Skunkboard and get a s score in!! :)

That would be cool! Haven't seen you around these parts much lately. :)

Yeh had business overseas for a few months. Got to missing my Bubsy playing so I had my family send out my Jaguar. Trying to get my skunkboard loader on the Mac working again. Anyone have a already compiled Skunkboard loader by chance?

Yeah, the round is permanently extended until I say so. I'm thinking until I get a score in. Maybe a week or two, I'm not sure. It will also let the stragglers get their scores in as well, if they still pop in every now and then, anyway.

Ok for those playing catch up in the next two weeks, this was the list of what was played this season correct?

1. ATARI KARTS!

2. ZOOL 2!

3. HOVERSTRIKE (Cart)

4. SUPER BURNOUT

5. CYBERMORPH

6. ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR

7. CHECKERED FLAG

8. RAIDEN

9. DOOM

10. POWER DRIVE RALLY

11. MISSILE COMMAND 3D

12. Tempest 2000

Special: A REBOOT TAKEOVER!!

Yeah, the round is permanently extended until I say so. I'm thinking until I get a score in. Maybe a week or two, I'm not sure. It will also let the stragglers get their scores in as well, if they still pop in every now and then, anyway.

Ok for those playing catch up in the next two weeks, this was the list of what was played this season correct?

1. ATARI KARTS!

2. ZOOL 2!

3. HOVERSTRIKE (Cart)

4. SUPER BURNOUT

5. CYBERMORPH

6. ALIEN VERSUS PREDATOR

7. CHECKERED FLAG

8. RAIDEN

9. DOOM

10. POWER DRIVE RALLY

11. MISSILE COMMAND 3D

12. Tempest 2000

Special: A REBOOT TAKEOVER!!

Yep, that's the list. Anyone that wants to submit scores for any of those games will get the lowest amount of points given for that round as participation points (basically, the same amount of points as the lowest-scoring player). Submit some scores if you want to catch up in the ranks a bit! :)

Edited by Austin

That's such a bugger! I missed the Alien VS Predator comp!! NOOOOO!!!! So what do you guys think about my Tempest Score? Does it get in the top ten here? cheers

Your Tempest score is average, but you are only halfway through the game. I think there are 104 levels total? Some strange number like that. And trust me, **** gets rough when you get to the 60s. :)

You can still submit a score for any of the games played earlier in the season. You will get the same amount of points as the lowest-scoring player for each respective round, as participation points, to entice stragglers to submit a score anyways. Just submit your score in each respective thread for this last season.

If you need any other specifics on how things work here, see the rules thread here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/166522-rulesguidelines-scoring-system-and-season-2-schedule/

Glad to have ya, and hope to see you around more! :)

Edited by Austin

Played Tempest and have a score of 310,846 with the first go.

I got my skunkboard working, and warmed up on a bit of Doom. Need to see how that contest worked.

Sadly out of all those titles, the one I will not be able to play immediately (since I own it but currently 7K miles from me) is Raiden. Sadly that will not load on the Skunkboard.

But I'll see if I can play in the other games here in the next few days.

Sadly out of all those titles, the one I will not be able to play immediately (since I own it but currently 7K miles from me) is Raiden. Sadly that will not load on the Skunkboard.

Ok, I bought a copy to send out this way. Should be here (Kuwait) in 7-14 days so hopefully I can get a game before the extended grace period is over.

Cheers man, think I will submit some scores just to see how I compare, I like to think I've actually improved my skills with age lol

While some of my skills have waned a bit as I've gotten older and out of practice (competitive first person shooters and fighting games), I have strangely improved at other types of games. For instance, Zool 2 on the Jaguar, I could never finish back in high school, but now, over ten years later, I can finish it with relative ease. Strange!

..and warmed up on a bit of Doom. Need to see how that contest worked.

I don't think it worked. :lolblue:

• 2 weeks later...

so am I right in saying that ALL the Jag high score season competitions are still open, right? SO I could submit a score for any of the games in the series still right? very tempting!

Every round in this season is open to stragglers. As described in the season rules though, if you are looking for participation points, you will automatically receive the same amount of points as the lowest scoring player in that round, regardless whether your score is higher or not. This goes for all except the Reboot round--consider that one closed unless you play the Reboot games (Tempest 2K was the backup for that round, so just submit a score in this round if that's the case).

Edited by Austin