IGNORED

Add a Genesis Progamming Section?

Gemintronic

So, AtariAge is well known as a great place to discuss classic gaming and even homebrew development. So friendly that even noobish BASIC programmers can thrive.

Is there room for, say, a Genesis programming section? I'd especially like to focus on a BASIC compiler for Genesis called BasiEgaXorz. It's not as polished as BatariBASIC but it has potential. Maybe having a friendly forum would spur more homebrews - especially from people just getting their feet wet in console development.

What's your take fellas?

I don't know enough about the subject to say that this would or wouldn't be a good idea, but I'm a big fan of the genesis and this interests me... I know I'd like to take a stab at making a genesis game sometime.

Same here. The BASIC compiler for the Genesis is good enough to make real games but honestly there's no community. I see about two to three active users on their board and the actual developer has gone MIA. Sega specific boards exist (even great ones) but none are too friendly to BASIC beginners.

With bB and 5200BAS here I thought some BasiEgaXorz action might fit well too.

Edited by theloon