IGNORED

Full House Poker

onlysublime

Does anyone here play this XBLA title? Can anyone tell me the state of this game now? has the game evolved, been patched, etc? is it still an active community? how are the bots? how is the chatting? are people pretty civil?

I read a lot of reviews but they're all made when the game got released so I'm wondering how it is today.

my friend and I are curious about getting a poker game to play with each other and learn poker.

also, we saw "Texas Hold'em" which is also 800 points. anyone have experience with that?

I went on a bit of a kick with this game a couple weeks ago. I can tell you this:

-The number of players is down. All the Texas Heat events I joined were 5k-6k players. One factor could be that the Summer season has ended but no Fall session has been announced, although regular events are still happening.

-I had several issues getting bumped from Texas Heat matches and losing my accumulated points.

-I had no problems joining multiplayer tournaments. Still enough regular players.

-People are chatty, but it's a mixed bag (as with most games). I found a few cool people who were fun to talk to for a few rounds and a few cursing jerks, which just led to me pulling the plug on my headset.

-The bots are OK, but they can be played like pianos if you know their tendencies. I'm convinced that this is how the top Texas Heat players get their scores.

All in all, it's still a good poker game, but I probably wouldn't pick it up at this point.

*Not a poker game, but I bought Hardwood Spades on a whim and found a great multiplayer community. Lots of chat and easy to find games. No frills, but I recommend it!

I went on a bit of a kick with this game a couple weeks ago. I can tell you this:

-The number of players is down. All the Texas Heat events I joined were 5k-6k players. One factor could be that the Summer season has ended but no Fall session has been announced, although regular events are still happening.

-I had several issues getting bumped from Texas Heat matches and losing my accumulated points.

-I had no problems joining multiplayer tournaments. Still enough regular players.

-People are chatty, but it's a mixed bag (as with most games). I found a few cool people who were fun to talk to for a few rounds and a few cursing jerks, which just led to me pulling the plug on my headset.

-The bots are OK, but they can be played like pianos if you know their tendencies. I'm convinced that this is how the top Texas Heat players get their scores.

All in all, it's still a good poker game, but I probably wouldn't pick it up at this point.

*Not a poker game, but I bought Hardwood Spades on a whim and found a great multiplayer community. Lots of chat and easy to find games. No frills, but I recommend it!

thanks for the info! very much appreciated.

one more thing. So if my friend and I want to play together and with other strangers, it's the standard, create a party and then find a match to play with other strangers?