IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Ok, it always seemed like it was but the usa address made me think maybe it was a middle man helping you guys.

Personally I am not complain on this 1. If someone wants to pay $1800 for a sealed wizmath then good for toby. It certainly has to be extremely rare.

I did think the other ones that broke 1000 were also sealed though. If he got 1800 I think that's a new record for a standard coleco release ;)

Personally, I would never pay that kind of price for ANY videogames

But there's always those crazy collectors who need to have it all .....

Yeah, that's probably the highest price ever paid for a CV release, but at least that's for the rarest one

• Like 1

Not sure why people are complaining honestly

I don't think anyone was complaining about the attempt as much as amused by the pricing posted for the WizMath NIB listing, given that an $1800 ask with "or best offer" attached cannot be read as anything but a fishing expedition. Nothing inherently wrong in that; it is what it is.

However, I do feel for whomever bought (on a BIN) the Steamroller that was co-listed by this seller, as it appears to have been missing the separate scoring card insert, which was not disclosed in the listing itself. If so, omissions like that by sellers who know better are a little off.

Yeah, that's probably the highest price ever paid for a CV release, but at least that's for the rarest one

I don't think WizMath is the rarest title in terms of numbers that have circulated complete, not that rarity is what solely dictates pricing.

To be fair, the listing for steamroller wasn't listed as complete and had the what you see is what you get in the description.

In my opinion, that isn't fair to potential buyers when (in this case) I'm fairly certain that the seller in question knows it's missing from what is being offered.

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by mumbai

Besides the Xonox Double-Ender CIB , I don't see any CV titles as rare as WizMath

This is the "besides" to which I refer. :) Specifically, SL/RH and MR/TB.

I think super sketch is probably more rare. But some might consider it hardware more than a game title...

Ditto on this sentiment.

• Like 1

Not that I would ever defend this twat.

But no, technically this version is now permanently out of print.

Now that Eduardo has announced that the 3rd run and future runs will not come in a coleco style box and may have other changes too.

So this has turned this early version into something more special now...

Ahh.,..i'm hoping the version Ed is resending me (he sent mine to my new house before I moved and the old tenant took it) is with the coleco box..otherwise ...I don't want it.

HA!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-ZAXXON-ColecoVision-1982-CIB-Complete-in-arcade-box-nes-atari-/131874992899?hash=item1eb45cb303:g:cawAAOSwyKxXg~9i

It may be "sealed" but beat to ever living death! When I saw the price it actually gave me a laugh this morning. Somewhat rare yeah? Yeah, but c'mon....

Ya Joe had one up for nearly a year at 70 bucks or so not to long ago.. The Zaxxon less rare for sure ...

Great idea to undercut Fred by putting a legit copy of the game on ebay at low price. maybe this will slow down the money he has been raking in with his forgeries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ColecoVision-Galaga-Coleco-vision-CBS-SGM-/262524605152?hash=item3d1faf92e0:g:IwAAAOSw2GlXFZuO

I'm all for that but where's the box and manual if it's an "original" game? I don't remember them selling this as a loose cart, won't that confuse bidders just as much as his? How can you prove this one's not just another boot?

I am pretty sure (and correct me if I am wrong) that is Toby posting it, so I am confident it would be legit.

I would think the idea is to sell as just a cart to keep the price extremely low for the longest amount of time so it doesn't go over Fred's BIN price to prevent the bootleg from selling at the higher price.

(above is just speculation on my part)